[Versions] Volume 2 Asian/Japanese Cut

Here, http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=17403, Quentin mentions that Volume 2 also has some added bits for the Japanese. Anybody know what they are?

GREAT NEWS!!! I think its just a spelling mistake or kinda misunderstanding with the japanese Volume 2 version, because this is really Quentin’s Uncut.

But I’m sooooo happy that Quentin already re-edited both volumes together and will show this masterpiece at Cannes, the best film festival world wide, great!!! And then please as soon as possible on DVD!

wow, great news!!!

Well i live in australia, i was just wondering if this dvd is gonna have new scenes and stuff, also, if it will be availible from general retail stores, or will it only be avail on gammin internet for credit card holders? Help me someone!

This Mark O’Connell of www.Film-Reviews.net wasn´t able to wrote David Carradines name right for only one time.

Hope his information are better than his ability as a member of a movie site to spell this name right…

[quote]GREAT NEWS!!! I think its just a spelling mistake or kinda misunderstanding with the japanese Volume 2 version, because this is really Quentin’s Uncut. [/quote]
Where do you know this from ? What’ s your source ?

I also read in a interview ( <LINK_TEXT text=“View - Your Guide for Pubs and Bars, Restaurants, Clubs, Cinemas and Whats On View - Your Guide for Pubs and Bars, Restaurants, Clubs, Cinemas and What's On … ntino4.asp”>View - Your Guide for Pubs and Bars, Restaurants, Clubs, Cinemas and Whats On View - Your Guide for Pubs and Bars, Restaurants, Clubs, Cinemas and What's On</LINK_TEXT>

btw a motherfucking coll 5 site interview ) that there will be an special version of V2.

Q: Is it true you have plans to combine the two volumes into one movie?

QT: I did a special version of Volume 1 – and also of Volume 2 – for Japan and that‘s only been shown in two markets in the whole world, in Hong Kong and Japan. I‘ve kept the rights to the Japanese version, so what we‘re going to do is release that round the world at some point, and we‘ll put them both together. You won‘t have the closing credits of Volume 1 going on, it will be like a 60s roadshow attraction, a four hour movie with an intermission in the middle.

So it would be interessting to hear, if the man of Qkinawa maybe has an other source which says that V2 is def. a directors cut…

push Any detailed Info yet ?

[quote]I also read in a interview ( <LINK_TEXT text=“View - Your Guide for Pubs and Bars, Restaurants, Clubs, Cinemas and Whats On View - Your Guide for Pubs and Bars, Restaurants, Clubs, Cinemas and What's On … ntino4.asp”>View - Your Guide for Pubs and Bars, Restaurants, Clubs, Cinemas and Whats On View - Your Guide for Pubs and Bars, Restaurants, Clubs, Cinemas and What's On</LINK_TEXT>

btw a motherfucking coll 5 site interview ) that there will be an special version of V2.

Q: Is it true you have plans to combine the two volumes into one movie?

QT: I did a special version of Volume 1 – and also of Volume 2 – for Japan and that‘s only been shown in two markets in the whole world, in Hong Kong and Japan. I‘ve kept the rights to the Japanese version, so what we‘re going to do is release that round the world at some point, and we‘ll put them both together. You won‘t have the closing credits of Volume 1 going on, it will be like a 60s roadshow attraction, a four hour movie with an intermission in the middle.

So it would be interessting to hear, if the man of Qkinawa maybe has an other source which says that V2 is def. a directors cut…[/quote]
I can’t wait to see these movies put back together

First, welcome to the board.

Yes, I also can´t wait for it. I saw KB as a double feature and it was sooooooooo great.

Hope we will get some nice surprises in the this one KB movie!

btw, please be so kind and make a smaller signature. It is a rule of this board only to use smaller once, like the sig before your post.

Thanx.

haha some of those people on that list don’t even post here

[quote]haha some of those people on that list don’t even post here

[/quote]

All in all it seems to be an honour....

But, the sig is too big and he forget the e in the sig...

Sidewinder posted this in an other topic:

Can anyone else watch the Japanese version with no subtitles because they’ve seen the film so many times they know what they’re saying?

Yeh i have watched the japanese version many a time and i’m not really bothered about the subtitles as i know what they’re saying!! But its really annoying how i have to tell people i show it to, exactly what who is saying and when! But its a GREAT film so its well worth the hassle!

I am not making this up and anyone who has the region 3 two disc version of Kill Bill Vol. 2 can back me up on this. Anyone who said the asian cut of Vol. 2 wasn’t different was wrong it is slightly different.

The drive to Esteban’s bar is extented featuring shots of the bar and Esteban’s whores. That’s all that’s different about it but it is still a different cut of the film. The Japanese version of Vol. 2 will probably be the same cut.

So now the only way to experience the full on hardcore version of Kill Bill is to watch both Japanese versions.

Please if anyone has the region 3 2 disc version back me up on this.

You’re correct. I actually like it a lot better than the American version.

It’s only like a minutes difference. How can it be that much better?

[quote=“IL_Buono”]
[/quote]

Word!!

Well unfortunaly I have only the jap version at home, but I will order the other version next week.

Is there someone out there who has both versions right now and can make some screenshots with differences? Even if they are more than little, I would like to know about every difference.

[quote=“Ify”]
[quote=“IL_Buono”]
[/quote]

Word!!
[/quote]

It makes the flow of the scene better. Buy it, watch it, and then discuss it. It’s the same kind of “flow” difference that the uncut HOBL scene makes to the movie.

If I get some time this week I’ll post the differences.