[Versions] Volume 2 Asian/Japanese Cut

Kill Bill DVD and video section, also deals with version comparisons
Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Re: [Versions] Volume 2 Asian/Japanese Cut

Post by Sebastian » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:17 pm

chill out buono! if he thinks its better than the US cut then thats his opinion. its the same with volume 1 and HOBL,s ome like it, some dont. but thats not a reason to get touchy here

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:10 am

I thought he meant that the 1 minute of extra footage made the entire movie better, not just the one scene. He got all pissy at me because I'm obviously an idiot for not automatically knowing what he meant. That's all I was trying to say. Don't fucking crucify me because I don't read into things the exact same way as everybody else does.
Last edited by IL_Buono on Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pai Mei.

Post by Pai Mei. » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:47 pm

Hello everybody whats cooki'n??  :) I'm new in here and thought that this topic sounds interesting since I was looking for an Japanese cut of Volume 2 today!!  8)

sidewinder572

Post by sidewinder572 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:59 pm

the Japanese version doesn't come out until October 8. You can find the extra footage on the region 3 dvd.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:43 pm

The ASian cut of volume 2 is 46 seconds longer.
The cuts are all unimportant and I really cant think of a reason why QT did that. here's a DETAILED comparison (in german)

http://www.schnittberichte.com/index.php?ID=1751

sidewinder572

Post by sidewinder572 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:00 am

I checked the running time for the Japanese version and it's the same as the region 3 DVD.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:56 am

sidewinder572 wrote: I checked the running time for the Japanese version and it's the same as the region 3 DVD.
you mean the region 3 2-disc thing? yes. might be. but consider that usually running times are given in "approx." and thus it may not be accurate enough to judge about the 46 seconds

sidewinder572

Post by sidewinder572 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:44 pm

I'm about 99.9% certain that the Japanese DVD will be same cut as the Hong Kong DVD. I don't think he made a special Japanese version of Vol. 1 and a special Hong Kong version of vol. 2. As a matter of fact wasn't the uncut version of Vol. 1 released theatrically only in Hong Kong and Japan?

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:49 pm

sidewinder572 wrote: I'm about 99.9% certain that the Japanese DVD will be same cut as the Hong Kong DVD. I don't think he made a special Japanese version of Vol. 1 and a special Hong Kong version of vol. 2. As a matter of fact wasn't the uncut version of Vol. 1 released theatrically only in Hong Kong and Japan?
yeah i think so