[Region 2 Japan] Volume 1 DVD topic

Hey! I just bought the limited japanese box set of vol.1 here in Paris and I felt i had to express my joy to you (dou you find me sadistic ?).

the box is gorgeous, with a superb picture of the bride on one side, the dvd inside is the regular japanese dvd (with dts english track and an exclusive documentary about the creation of the animated scene). you can also find in it a little black and yellow and blood splattered action figure with a lego look in a little cardboard box, and very miniaturized version of the last hattori hanzo blade in several pieces. and finally, the t-shit, but it’s not like the basic kill bill t-shirt, no it’s the awfull one uma wears in okinawa in the chapter “the man from okinawa”. so coooool.

it was the first time i saw the japanese version and it kicked my ass. the differences I noticed was of course a different and full colored edition of the crazy 88 scene (incredible!), an extra shot of boss matsumoto’s guts, and the second arm of sophie being cut at the end. (and the hommage to fukasaku + klingon proverb missing)

• I changed the title - cps -

…and more spillage of blood and guts in the Gogo flashback

Yeah the box is nice. I ordered it at the last minute before the release. $200.00 is a heafty price. But I’m such a big fan I gave in and bought it.

Bring on the $200.00 vol. 2 box set.

I payed 150 euros (someone stole the fuckin euro sign on my keyboard!) which is a good price.

I’m too cheap to even buy the regular DVD.

I got it off Ebay for 160 bucks AUSTRALIAN which isnt too bad. Def worth it tho, its fucking awesome!

Isn’t it just the Japanese dvd plus a T-shirt, plastic Hanzo Sword, and little figurine?

That’s it yeah. I’m gonna wait to buy any version of Kill Bill until QT releases an uncut special edition r1. It’s gonna happen, don’t you worry. I just can’t afford to spend that much money on some fucking toys and a ugly t-shirt.

[quote]I got it off Ebay for 160 bucks AUSTRALIAN which isnt too bad. Def worth it tho, its fucking awesome![/quote]

That’s price is ok. I’m expecting mine any time now, I bought it from some guy who has about ten of them. I saw his ad on the site Marktplaats (Dutch for Market place, something like ebay), he only asks 115 euros for it, so I was like “What the fuck, if I don’t buy it I’ll be stealing from myself and how stupid would that be.” I really can’t wait to see the film in it’s full glory.

Fuck you guys, I’m waiting till the region 1 comes out, so I can buy it for 30$ or whatever its MSRP is. :-/

Im trying to buy this set so fuckin bad. But i really dont have the money to be spending $130 on one movie. Does anybody know where I can find this set for a decent price. Until I do have the money to buy this set, it will be even more money on ebay. Then I’ll have to worry about gettin the Vol. 2 set as well. Fuckin money, click click, time 2 start robbin motherfuckas. Put the money in the bag bicth

[quote]

That’s price is ok. I’m expecting mine any time now, I bought it from some guy who has about ten of them. I saw his ad on the site Marktplaats (Dutch for Market place, something like ebay), he only asks 115 euros for it, so I was like “What the fuck, if I don’t buy it I’ll be stealing from myself and how stupid would that be.” I really can’t wait to see the film in it’s full glory.[/quote]
That’s a good price. I just looked at Marktplaats, but now there is only one, and he asks €150,- for it. I placed my bet, so I’ll just wait.

From a second topic about this theme:

Profbobo:

Hey all … just got my box set in the mail today; before you jump o me, I realize that I had the sword on display upside down I figured you all might like to see pics and screengrabs of the movie itself, though …

All of my pics can be viewed here: http://www.messikan.com/gallery/kbbox

I love the Be@rbrick, actually … I paid $50 for the nonbloody one a few months ago, so the box set didn’t seem too far out of the realm of possibility

LadyIshii: I think it’s sold out at most retailers; I picked mine up from Amazon.co.jp, but all they have left is “used” (still sealed, though) copies. Not sure if they ship internationally or not. I preordered mine back in February.

Momojiri_onna:

The point is that it’s very Japanese. Every big manga/anime character has a block figure.

someone had a questionn about the DVD menue:

sjantis:

I just bought the Japanese version of Kill Bill. It has English subtitles, fair enough, but the DVD menu is in Japanese. How do I solve this problem? I mean, I can always click on each, but it is irritating. Can it be changed into English? or does anyone know where to find a screen print translated?

Ing. Bastard:

The main menu reads as:

Main feature

Chapters

Extras - Bio’s/Filmographies, Stills, 2 x anime features and trailers

Sound

Royal with cheese:

I’m sure you can get the regular version all over the world in some specialized DVD stores (you’ll need an R2 compatible player, of course). I just mailed one store asking if they’re gonna sell it. And I think they will!

I’m just wondering if the Japanese dialogue is subtitled in English, but as it’s R2 and will be compatible in the UK as well, I’m quite sure it will be. I mean, most of the DVDs nowadays come with at least the subtitles for the hearing impaired

Scarface

They should’ve put the Bruce Lee yellow tracksuit instead of the t-shirt and it would have been PERFECT.

It’s still too expensive for me though.

Margand:

This is from www.davisdvd.com:

DavisDvd.com is for sale | HugeDomains

I am in argentina. Anyones knows were I can find the japanese special edition (japan sites or anothers)

Sprouticus:

not as orgasm-inducing as before (when some of us thought the sword was normal sized), but still an orgasmic set none-the-less. 7,600 yen also is a pretty justifiable price… it rounds off to $75-$80… correct me if i’m wrong please.

JKiller:

Damn, even the edition without the sword and all is 35 bucks!! I don’t know about that. Hopefully it’ll be around 20 or so when April comes around. but if that’s what it takes to get the uncut jap version, then i guess that’s what i’ll be paying.

QTfightclub:

Dont forget that u need a region free (or region 2) DVD player to watch this!

Margand:

I pre-order it at www.cdjapan.co.jp (dvd-only) and the premium box in www.hmv.co.jp. In both sites the say that the limited edition is sold out but I pre-order it from both of them an only from cdjapan mail me that can´t send me. I still wait the answer from HMV. Enjoy

Kill Bill: Vol 1. (Japanese Uncut/Colour) DTS/5.1 - DVD Region 2

Certificate: 18

No. of Discs: 1

Running Time: 113 minutes

Year Produced: 2003

Region: 2 (UK & Europe/Japan)

Audio: English - DTS 5.1

Japanese - Dolby Digital 5.1

Subtitles: English, Japanese

Aspect Ratio: 2.35 (Widescreen)

Anamorphic: Yes

Encoding: NTSC

Interactive Features:

Interactive Menus, Scene Selection, Theatrical Trailer, Featurette

DVD with the complete House Of Blues Leaves sequence in full colour and uncut

Special Features:

* Fight scene selection

* Making of anime sequence *

* On set footage

* Anime storyboard-to-film comparison

* Cast and crew biographies *

* Interview: Quentin Tarantino

* Interview: Lawrence Bender

* Interview: Uma Thurman

* Interview: Lucy Liu

* Interview: Sonny Chiba *

* Interview: Julie Dreyfus *

* Interview: Chiaki Kuriyama *

* Stills gallery

* Concept art gallery

* Bootleg trailer

* Theatrical trailer

* Kill Bill Vol. 2 trailer

* 5 TV spots

• No English subtitles on these features.

user "wrath sou"l about the japanese vol1 (extras):

the japan one have a “making of the gore anime” part with the original sketch and stuffs.interview with japanese anime director…frankly,I dunno what’s he talking about with but its pretty cool though…but still the color scenes top the other versions…

I love my R2 DVD, I’ve seen it more than 50 times :slight_smile:

[quote=“Eigakan”]
I love my R2 DVD, I’ve seen it more than 50 times :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Sure…rub it in. :’(