Anyone get free stuff with a DVD purchase?

I just got back from the mall, and along with the DVD, I got a near-like life sized poster of Uma Thurman in her motorcycle garb. It’s different and unique from all the other posters so I’m happy. FYE had the deal (although it wasn’t advertised).

What about everyone else?

I didn’t get any free stuff from wal-mart…Where i live our mall doesn’t even have an FYE. >:( oh well.

doesnt FYE give a mail in rebate and the final price is like 10 bucks for the dvd plus poster?

Yeah there is a rebate but it’ll take years before I get that money back.

i went to an FYE affiliate called Saturday Night Matinee and also got the 10$ rebate plus the life size Uma Poster, but i think that you only get the poster if you reserved a copy in advance (which i did)

by the way, for anyone who bought the DVD:

who watched the ‘‘documentary’’ about the making of Kill Bill? it shouldn’t have even been called a special feature, it was only 20 minutes long with no new information. useless…

I didn’t reserve a copy and got a poster.

That “Making Of” is already old news as most people have already seen it.

Our FYE had a promotion where, if you bought any Sony batteries, you got a free gift…one of the free gifts being the damn near life-size Uma poster. My friend and I were halfway across the mall and I saw the huge KB poster on the FYE entrance, aaand more or less ran to it. It had this thing on it that said “Free with purchase of Sony batteries” so I busted out $1.99 and begged for my poster----not a bad deal at all, given that posters are like $7 a piece normally. And much smaller.

But no, nothing special with my DVD purchase. It was a whole 13 cents cheaper at Walmart than anywhere else though!

I got the poster which is exactly the same as the front cover of the DVD which kinda sucks coz i already had this one…

…And they are pretty darn similar

I didn’t pre-order mine, they just gave me the poster when i bought the DVD.

No, it is different from that photo.  That’s a German poster anyways.  And, it’s different from the DVD cover as well… you just have to give it a closer look.

EDIT: I just hung up on my wall and it looks fucking kick-ass! It’s like 6-7 feet tall too.

WOW! :o

Life size UMA poster. Dammit, I just got mine at Best Buy. Do you know how limited they are? You think I can get one tomorrow?

:-/

I got a Pussy Wagon keyring  ;D  ;D  ;D

Got it from HMV in england

i bought kill bill for $20 yesterday and got reservoir dogs for free

Went to FYE today scored a poster! :smiley: It’s so fuckin cool. On my door now. Thanks for the info.

Here is a pic of it from an ebay auction goign for 51 bucks!! :o hehe

Apparently some of the pre-orders in Japan received a jumpsuit style dvd case. Don’t know how many were made…

Fucking Japanese. They get all the cool stuff.

Here in Canada, we have the super-special English/French packaging. Tuer Bill, indeed.

[quote]Went to FYE today scored a poster!  :smiley: It’s so fuckin cool. On my door now. Thanks for the info.

Here is a pic of it from an ebay auction goign for 51 bucks!!  :o hehe

[/quote]

Yep, that’s the one I got. 51 bucks? Hahah… I feel sorry for the idiot that buys it.

[quote]Fucking Japanese. They get all the cool stuff.

Here in Canada, we have the super-special English/French packaging. Tuer Bill, indeed.[/quote]
lol Yeah I got the Canadian version at Future Shop the morning it came out. No freebies, though. The cover is actually reversable.

[quote]Apparently some of the pre-orders in Japan received a jumpsuit style dvd case. Don’t know how many were made…

[/quote]

Oi! That’s fuckin’ cool. Although I like the poster better. :smiley:

up

[quote]up[/quote]

wow. the sheer one-wordedness of your incredible moderating skills gives me goose bumps ;D