[Reviews] Volume 1 DVD Review collection topic

Kill Bill DVD and video section, also deals with version comparisons
shubbard04

Re: Kill Bill Vol1 DVD Review topic

Post by shubbard04 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:34 pm

Here's a decent reason to buy this version and then wait and buy the special edition as well when it comes out.  Actually, here are a bunch of reasons:

1.  So you can watch it now.  Why rent it (and spend 5 bucks) when you spend 20 bucks and watch it several times?
2.  What will the 20 bucks you spent mean to you in four months?
3.  To be able to say to people 'yeah, I bought it.  I own it.'

Duh.

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:45 pm

http://newyorker.com/critics/cinema/?040419crci_cinema
full of spoilers. and the author doesnt know much....
That review has nothing to do with the dvd.

tab665

Post by tab665 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:56 pm

yeah i bought kill bill today at best buy, but they have a special where you can get kill bill and RD for only 20 bucks, i figured mine skips a lot now anyways so i went on ahead and got that. as for people just wanting to rent it or just copying the movie, i call you cheap bastards. how fucking lame is it that you would refuse to buy just volume one now. in the meantime im going to watch it over and over again whenever i feel like it because im not a cheap bastard. i thought about just renting it and burning a copy, but hey, i have morales. besides 20 bucks for kill bill and a new un scratched RD is a pretty good deal.

Bullt

Post by Bullt » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:28 am

Good DVD with good picture, and sound, and price.

Slim on the fucking extras though.

:-*

conker_thelad79

Post by conker_thelad79 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:05 pm

you see what money does to people , bloody hell.
if you dont want the dvd yet dont buy the bloody thing ,get the soundtrack then you'll look cool.
why to this day have i seen no girls in this forum? :-/

kakarot251

Post by kakarot251 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:40 pm

Ah.... drive-in's... i havnt been to one in a while... if i can find one, KB would be awesome to see on one

then again, there is one they are making in downtown Detroit... man i dont want to get shot though, so i think i can wait...

kakarot251

Post by kakarot251 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:41 pm

So much for not double posting...
I do believe i will buy the dvd, and/or just keep the not so legal version to watch on my computer

hushjr

Post by hushjr » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:36 am

I just bought the DVD today, and im kinda dissapointed, I mean it barely has any special features!
And I dont like buying different versions of the same movie, but o-well, the music on the menus are kick-ass! ;D

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:53 pm

here's my review of the Kill Bill Volume 1 DVD (Region 2, Germany):

PICTURE:
The image itself is nothing too special but the DVD delivers a decent transfer with lots of color and nice sharpness. But the DVD looks as if they had somehow been a bit lazy on detail. the presentation could be a lot more high-res  it seems

SOUND:
The Dolby track does its job very well. there's plenty use of surrounds and the base kicks in nicely. I wish there would've been more constant surround sound in terms of ambience and all but overall this is neat. expect the DTS track to kick even a bit more

MENU:
A very nice job. The menu really has styel. above average

EXTRAS:
Apart from the vol 1 teaser, vol 2 teaser and the vol 1 bootleg trailer (just one of them), there is the "Making Of", which is the one that was shown on TV almost half a year ago, and two performances by the 5.6.7.8s from the movie, in poor stereo quality.

Overall, the DVD serves its purpose as a blank-filler until we fans get something decent.

I hope the pep up the image quality a bit and some EX encoding would be nice as well. and yeah... EXTRAS... where are they....?
Last edited by Sebastian on Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.