[Reviews] Volume 1 DVD Review collection topic

The Review is up on dvd.ign.com!

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/503/503610p1.html

yeah i didnt expect much from this dvd i aint buyin it

rent maybe

Hahaha, yeah she beat O-Ren because of the Hanzo sword.

[quote]Damn, Ethan, you are an fool. [/quote]

WORD

I can’t wait to finally own it.

I buy films based on the merits of the actual movie, not the DVD.

[quote]I buy films based on the merits of the actual movie, not the DVD.[/quote]

Each to his own…

Personally i wouldn’t really buy a barebones DVD even if i loved the film. Kill Bill is an exception of course…

I really loved Mulholland Drive, but the DVD was so shit that i just hire it every now and then. I mean, the thing didn’t even have fucking chapters!

[quote]I buy films based on the merits of the actual movie, not the DVD.[/quote]

exactly, special features are overrated, I bet a very few people watch the special features more than once except maybe the bloopers, deleted scenes and the music videos.

I know they’re releasing a SE later on, I guess I’ll just rent that one or sell the bare bones and buy the SE :-/

[quote]
After giving 110 minutes to this overhyped, overrated nonsense…
[/quote]
^^^ Right next to a Matrix Revolutions ad…

[quote]
I really loved Mulholland Drive, but the DVD was so shit that i just hire it every now and then. I mean, the thing didn’t even have fucking chapters![/quote]

I think i read somewhere that Lynch didnt want chapters on the movie because he envisioned it as one whole story, not a story made up of chapters and such.

great review. might as well of been from www.ihatekillbill.com or something

[quote]great review. might as well of been from www.ihatekillbill.com or something[/quote]<br/>

what the fuck is that supposed to mean? I thought that review was pretty accurate.

[quote]great review. might as well of been from www.ihatekillbill.com or something[/quote]

7/10 for the movie is NOT hating. Those three points were taken off due to the fact that the reviewer felt it was an incomplete movie. This is a DVD review anyways, and since you have already seen the movie, you should be paying attention to the grades of the other aspects of the DVD.

EDIT:

Quote from the article:

“Kill Bill: Volume 1 is very worth seeing and I’m excited to see Volume 2. When I do I plan to write a review of the entire film as a whole, as I believe it was always intended. And who knows, I still have high hopes that, when we put both parts together, we will end up with one of the greatest action films of all time.”

Sounds like a lot of love from www.ihatekillbill.com

Right. He’s even calling it the best action flick of all time, that is, unless vol.2 will suck ass, which it won’t.

00soul doesn’t know what the heck he’s talking about. I bet he didnt even read the review, he just skipped down to the scores.

It’s a great review, many good points there. Very close to my personal opinion.

here’s another DVD review:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/killbillv1.html

I didnt like the Digital Bits review at all. Once the guy said "Its not “cinema”. Fuck him.

Just another asshole trying to downplay how great the movie is.

And anyone who doesnt buy Vol 1 on DVD isnt a QT fan. Gimme a break with the “oh its too barebones” bullshit. Pleeeeease.

Yeah! I’m really looking forward to this great DVD of “Kill Bill: Vol. 1” DVD and preordered it since weeks. Oh man, only one week and then I have it in my hands :slight_smile: !!

One week? What the fuck. I have to wait 3,5 weeks till I get a copy.

I was just looking at the screenshots in the IGN review. Kill Bill is like cinema candy. I love looking at the damn thing. :slight_smile: I cant fuckin wait to put this movie on and crank up the surround and just go back to Exploitation World.

Theres people who totally get it and they love it, then theres the group who just dont like B movies and hell, CINEMA in general. They just missed the boat completely. Sucks to be them. The way I see it, if you cant enjoy a film like Kill Bill Vol 1, you shouldnt be watching movies at all.

But, hey, thats life I guess.