Kill Bill: Vol. 1 - Which version is yours?

Kill Bill DVD and video section, also deals with version comparisons

Which Vol1 DVD do you have?

US DVD
11%
US DVD
11%
Japan uncut DVD
14%
Japan uncut DVD
14%
Any other Asian import (cut)
No votes
Any other Asian import (cut)
No votes
European DVD
11%
European DVD
11%
waiting for the SE
14%
waiting for the SE
14%

Total votes: 28

Man_from_Okinawa

Kill Bill: Vol. 1 - Which version is yours?

Post by Man_from_Okinawa » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:41 am

I just want to know which version (the japanse or the american/european) you'll buy? So, I'm a bit confused, cause I thought Tarantino's favorite version is the japanse, but in the script of Volume 1 you can read, that all was planned to be in black & white (the house of the blue leaves showdown). So, the only thing I want to know is, which version is Tarantino's personal favorite? Cause I want to preorder my DVD now and I don't know: American or Japanse?!

So, what will you buy?
Last edited by Man_from_Okinawa on Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

sprouticus
Kiddo

Re: Kill Bill: Vol. 1  - Which version is yours?

Post by sprouticus » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:56 am

im gonna try and pick up the japanese limited edition if i can find it anywhere
ok ramblers

lets get ramblin'

1MeanMotorSkooter

Post by 1MeanMotorSkooter » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:58 am

already pre ordered the american version  ;D

Bullt

Post by Bullt » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:11 am

Why pre order it when you can walk into Best Buy and get it for as much as it's running on the site you got it from + no shipping + you get the film faster.

It all works better that way!  :D

margand

Post by margand » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:18 am

Why not both??? ??? ???

Bullt

Post by Bullt » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:25 am

Because we're not fuckimg millionares.  ???  ???  ???

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:11 am

Neither ??? ??? ???

I'm waiting for the director's cut two-fer edition.

Mr.Transluscent

Post by Mr.Transluscent » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:40 am

I'm far too wealthy and spoiled to hold out for a two-disc.  I'll get that when it comes out and trade in the inevitable rebate coupon.

Man_from_Okinawa

Post by Man_from_Okinawa » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:37 pm

I don't want to buy two versions of one movie, cause I think thats stupid. Sorry, but when I'm going to see one of my favorite movies KILL BILL: VOL. 1, I wanne see the best version, and not one of two versions. And the best version for me is the version, that Q.T. likes most, his Director's Cut. Where's the Admin when I need him :D ? Does anybody know, which version is Tarantino's personal favorite? Cause I going to preorder today my KILL BILL: VOL. 1 american DVD today and I hope this is Q.T.'s DC.

Another thing: I'm from Germany and my English is not very good. I can understand every movie in English and I can talk very good, I think, but writing and grammar is a bit difficult :D . So can you please all correct me when I make mistakes? Thank you very much!

Mata_Hari

Post by Mata_Hari » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:57 pm

I don't think it's stupid to have two versions of the same movie at all, especially not when it comes to Kill Bill. And anyway, the two versions are different, so they're not the same films. I'll get both for sure. It's only fucking money, who cares!   ::)

The_It_Girl

Post by The_It_Girl » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:42 pm

I am and always have been a fan of convenience. I want what i want immediately---I'm not much on waiting. So, I'll be trotting to Newbury Comics or Best Buy or something April 13th and buying Vol 1 straight from the shelf.
If the Japanese DVD turns out to be the most awesome thing EVAR, I may end up buying that one at a later date. But right now, I just wanna be able to watch one of my favorite movies any time I want, as soon as possible. And, with the exception of downloading it, buying it from the store on April 13th seems to be the fastest way to do that.

Bexi
Real McCoy

Post by Bexi » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:46 pm

Well i was going to buy two copies anyways, so now i can have two different copies, yay!
Can open. Worms everywhere.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Re: Kill Bill: Vol. 1  - Which version is you

Post by Sebastian » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:14 pm

I tell you what I'm going to do: I am waiting until the "normal" (US-Version) is either cheap enough on DVD, or I am going to wait for another Version. Maybe the Special Edition will even include the Japanese Cut, or maybe I find a DVD-Import store that offers the Japanese DVD very cheap.

In short: Be patient. If you're not sure, just wait what comes along

Man_from_Okinawa

Post by Man_from_Okinawa » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:09 pm

I love KILL BILL: VOL. 1, too, its one of my favorite movies of all time, but I don't want to have two versions of this. For me something like that is just to complicated, but do what you want Mata_Hari, brother ;) .

I've just preordered the american RC1 DVD of KILL BILL: VOL. 1 for a good price and I'm very happy :) . I'll do the same with Volume 2 and when Quentin makes a DVD with both Volumes as one movie in a Special Edition I'll buy this, too. But when I buy Volume 1, I just want to have Tarantino's (and my) favorite cut and that's simply the american/european version, cause in the script you can read of the black & white sequence, so it was planned and its Tarantino's favorite. And I think this whole black & white thing has style, it looks just great :) .

margand

Post by margand » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:01 pm

I am not a millonarie. But in this momento I live and work for Kill bill and i want to buy every one single version of the film on DVD, because I liked. Thanks.

Bullt

Post by Bullt » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:03 pm

THanks for what? You sure like wasting money.  :-/

stuck in the middle
Real McCoy

Post by stuck in the middle » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:20 pm

Why pre order it when you can walk into Best Buy and get it for as much as it's running on the site you got it from + no shipping + you get the film faster.

It all works better that way!  :D
not exactly. on bestbuy.com there is no shipping. same price as you said. and when you pre-order stuff like that you usually get it earlier
HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! You bastard!

QTfightclub
Real McCoy

Post by QTfightclub » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:10 pm

Gah, just go to the store, you fucking pussies.

Man_from_Okinawa

Post by Man_from_Okinawa » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:28 pm

Its okay that you want to have every version of KILL BILL. I live for KILL BILL, too. For me its the best movie ever made in filmmaking history. But I don't like it to have two or more versions of one film and it doesn't matter how brilliant this film is, cause I simply don't like having two versions of one flick. That's my thing, that's my opinion. And now stop this, how to say, silly conversation ;) .

First, you don't call me pussy! Second, cd-wow has no shipping costs and so I preordered there.

Galapogos

Re: Kill Bill: Vol. 1  - Which version is you

Post by Galapogos » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:11 am

I tell you what I'm going to do: I am waiting until the "normal" (US-Version) is either cheap enough on DVD, or I am going to wait for another Version. Maybe the Special Edition will even include the Japanese Cut, or maybe I find a DVD-Import store that offers the Japanese DVD very cheap.

In short: Be patient. If you're not sure, just wait what comes along
It takes an eternity for DVDs to decrease significantly in price; the two-volume will be out before the "normal" one decreases even by four dollars.

stuck in the middle
Real McCoy

Post by stuck in the middle » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:18 am

Gah, just go to the store, you fucking pussies.

i dunno how i am a pussy for a pre-ordering a movie online. but anyway i didnt do that because im waiting until the two volumes get packed together
HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! You bastard!

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:01 pm

*applauds QTFightClub

He's right. Get off your fat lazy asses and go two blocks down and buy the dvd yourself.

Jurassic

Post by Jurassic » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:56 am

Im gonna get the japanese version, although that one is a bit more expensive.

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:00 am

*applauds QTFightClub

He's right. Get off your fat lazy asses and go two blocks down and buy the dvd yourself.
Fuck that, i'm just gonna steal it from a little kid I see walking on the street.
Last edited by IL_Buono on Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

shubbard04

Post by shubbard04 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:16 am

I can't believe someone didn't mention this before.

QT doesn't believe in 'directors editions.'  He released the movie into the American market exactly the way that he wanted to.  Sure, the MPAA made him change some parts, but he was fine with the changes he made, so he's fine with the movie.

Unless, of course, you are all referring to the Asian version as 'the director's cut,' which I guess you could be.  Then... yeah... you could wait reasonably for that.

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:24 am

I can't believe someone didn't mention this before.

QT doesn't believe in 'directors editions.'  He released the movie into the American market exactly the way that he wanted to.  Sure, the MPAA made him change some parts, but he was fine with the changes he made, so he's fine with the movie.
We already know that. You know what the fuck we mean....
::)

Bullt

Post by Bullt » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:32 am

Did you read his last sentence?

shubbard04

Post by shubbard04 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:45 am

Thanks Bullet, because Dead Nigger Storage... I have no fucking clue what you mean.  ;-)
Last edited by shubbard04 on Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Usurper
Real McCoy

Post by Usurper » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:24 am

Im a fucking kill bill nut, i'd buy any and all versions of the dvd in a microsecond. If they made Kill Bill toilet paper i 'd buy it in a heartbeat, and even if i was dying to wipe my ass and it was the only toilet paper.. i still wouldn't use it  ;)
"Then they threw an army at him, and he threw it back... a piece at a time!" - Lone Wolf & Cub

Man_from_Okinawa

Post by Man_from_Okinawa » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:46 pm

I'm a Kill Bill nut and freak, too. But it doesn't make fuckin sense to buy two or more versions. I'll buy the "The Bride" 12" action figure and I would buy every merchandising shit of this, but two DVD editions is stupid. Thats my fuckin opinion.