Kill Bill: Vol. 1 - Which version is yours?

Which Vol1 DVD do you have?

• US DVD
  • Japan uncut DVD
  • Any other Asian import (cut)
  • European DVD
  • waiting for the SE

0 voters

I just want to know which version (the japanse or the american/european) you’ll buy? So, I’m a bit confused, cause I thought Tarantino’s favorite version is the japanse, but in the script of Volume 1 you can read, that all was planned to be in black & white (the house of the blue leaves showdown). So, the only thing I want to know is, which version is Tarantino’s personal favorite? Cause I want to preorder my DVD now and I don’t know: American or Japanse?!

So, what will you buy?

im gonna try and pick up the japanese limited edition if i can find it anywhere

already pre ordered the american version ;D

Why pre order it when you can walk into Best Buy and get it for as much as it’s running on the site you got it from + no shipping + you get the film faster.

It all works better that way! :smiley:

Why not both??? ??? ???

Because we’re not fuckimg millionares. ??? ??? ???

Neither ??? ??? ???

I’m waiting for the director’s cut two-fer edition.

I’m far too wealthy and spoiled to hold out for a two-disc. I’ll get that when it comes out and trade in the inevitable rebate coupon.

I don’t want to buy two versions of one movie, cause I think thats stupid. Sorry, but when I’m going to see one of my favorite movies KILL BILL: VOL. 1, I wanne see the best version, and not one of two versions. And the best version for me is the version, that Q.T. likes most, his Director’s Cut. Where’s the Admin when I need him :smiley: ? Does anybody know, which version is Tarantino’s personal favorite? Cause I going to preorder today my KILL BILL: VOL. 1 american DVD today and I hope this is Q.T.'s DC.

Another thing: I’m from Germany and my English is not very good. I can understand every movie in English and I can talk very good, I think, but writing and grammar is a bit difficult :smiley: . So can you please all correct me when I make mistakes? Thank you very much!

I don’t think it’s stupid to have two versions of the same movie at all, especially not when it comes to Kill Bill. And anyway, the two versions are different, so they’re not the same films. I’ll get both for sure. It’s only fucking money, who cares! ::slight_smile:

I am and always have been a fan of convenience. I want what i want immediately—I’m not much on waiting. So, I’ll be trotting to Newbury Comics or Best Buy or something April 13th and buying Vol 1 straight from the shelf.

If the Japanese DVD turns out to be the most awesome thing EVAR, I may end up buying that one at a later date. But right now, I just wanna be able to watch one of my favorite movies any time I want, as soon as possible. And, with the exception of downloading it, buying it from the store on April 13th seems to be the fastest way to do that.

Well i was going to buy two copies anyways, so now i can have two different copies, yay!

I tell you what I’m going to do: I am waiting until the “normal” (US-Version) is either cheap enough on DVD, or I am going to wait for another Version. Maybe the Special Edition will even include the Japanese Cut, or maybe I find a DVD-Import store that offers the Japanese DVD very cheap.

In short: Be patient. If you’re not sure, just wait what comes along

I love KILL BILL: VOL. 1, too, its one of my favorite movies of all time, but I don’t want to have two versions of this. For me something like that is just to complicated, but do what you want Mata_Hari, brother :wink: .

I’ve just preordered the american RC1 DVD of KILL BILL: VOL. 1 for a good price and I’m very happy :slight_smile: . I’ll do the same with Volume 2 and when Quentin makes a DVD with both Volumes as one movie in a Special Edition I’ll buy this, too. But when I buy Volume 1, I just want to have Tarantino’s (and my) favorite cut and that’s simply the american/european version, cause in the script you can read of the black & white sequence, so it was planned and its Tarantino’s favorite. And I think this whole black & white thing has style, it looks just great :slight_smile: .

I am not a millonarie. But in this momento I live and work for Kill bill and i want to buy every one single version of the film on DVD, because I liked. Thanks.

THanks for what? You sure like wasting money. :-/

[quote]Why pre order it when you can walk into Best Buy and get it for as much as it’s running on the site you got it from + no shipping + you get the film faster.

It all works better that way!  :smiley:[/quote]

not exactly. on bestbuy.com there is no shipping. same price as you said. and when you pre-order stuff like that you usually get it earlier

Gah, just go to the store, you fucking pussies.

Its okay that you want to have every version of KILL BILL. I live for KILL BILL, too. For me its the best movie ever made in filmmaking history. But I don’t like it to have two or more versions of one film and it doesn’t matter how brilliant this film is, cause I simply don’t like having two versions of one flick. That’s my thing, that’s my opinion. And now stop this, how to say, silly conversation :wink: .

First, you don’t call me pussy! Second, cd-wow has no shipping costs and so I preordered there.

[quote]I tell you what I’m going to do: I am waiting until the “normal” (US-Version) is either cheap enough on DVD, or I am going to wait for another Version. Maybe the Special Edition will even include the Japanese Cut, or maybe I find a DVD-Import store that offers the Japanese DVD very cheap.

In short: Be patient. If you’re not sure, just wait what comes along[/quote]

It takes an eternity for DVDs to decrease significantly in price; the two-volume will be out before the “normal” one decreases even by four dollars.