Kill Bill Vol 1 DVD Spec

This is from www.dvdanswers.com:

Title: Kill Bill: Volume One

Starring: Uma Thurman

Released: 13th April 2004

SRP: $29.99

Further Details

Mirimax have now provided us with the exclusive first details on Kill Bill: Volume One which is directed by movie legend Quentin Tarantino and stars the lovely Uma Thurman. The disc will indeed arrive on the 13th April as we had originally reported, and should set you back somewhere in the region of $29.99. I’m afraid fans of extra material will be a little disappointed with this first release. Only one extra feature will be included - a behind the scenes program hosted by director and writer Quentin Tarantino. No doubt an all singing, all dancing edition will be arriving in a few months time! Anyway, here are the official disc specs, and we’ll bring you the region one artwork as soon as it becomes available to us:

2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation

English Dolby Digital 5.1 Track

English DTS 5.1 Surround Track

French Language Track

Behind the Scenes Program with Quentin Tarantino

English, Spanish Subtitles

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I’m pretty disappointed with the lack of features, but this is the first Tarantino film that I have been around to catchthe craze of, so I will catch up on all the releases.

Since we know there’s a super-duper edition that’s bound to be released sometime this year, I don’t mind those specs at all.

But I just wanna see the damn movie on my TV screen ASAP!!!

This could have easily been released in Feb.

Bastards.

And the 2-disc rumor officially goes down the dumps… >:(

Yes, but will House of Blue Leaves be in freakin color!?!?!?!

what is taking them so long to release it if it has those specs??

Nah, I don’t believe this crap for a second, until I see it at Digital Bits or IGN or something…

No, that can’t be all, if that was it, it wouldnt be comming out in fucking April. No trailers? No trivia track?

[quote]Nah, I don’t believe this crap for a second, until I see it at Digital Bits or IGN or something…[/quote]
I’m with you 100%.

[quote]No, that can’t be all, if that was it, it wouldnt be comming out in fucking April. No trailers? No trivia track?[/quote]

starts QT voice**

Hence, the bullshit. This spec list sucks dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick

(Yes I counted thats the correct amount of dicks Brown says in Res Dogs, just incase any of you nerds counted) :wink:

French Language Track? Behind the scenes with Quentin Tarantino?

Wow, fuck me Freddy! :smiley:

i’ve been coming to this forum for a while now and FINALLY decided to register and post my thoughts. what better time than now to express how much crap this is. not saying i’m not gonna buy it, but i expected more…much more.

according to IGN DVD, the only official specs they know of are a DTS track. If this is so, a 1-disc set may be pretty bare-bones… that somewhat gives the dvdanswers info some truth, but what the fuck. I’ll wait until IGN DVD gives the full specs in either case.

heres a link: http://dvd.ign.com/articles/462/462302p1.html

in other completely unrelated news that i saw on IGN DVD, how shitty is that matrix revolutions box art? WOW. i guess they made it to go with the movie itself. check out the shittyness: http://dvd.ign.com/articles/462/462089p1.html

OMFG that is one of the worst covers i’ve ever seen.

How come they made this piece of shit while the covers for MAtrix 1 and 2 were pretty cool.

Some shitty news about the Kill Bill DVD though, Miramax really are a bunch of money sucking assholes.

If they wanted to come with a superduper version later on, they could do it like LOTR, with a regular 2disk edition with some nice extra’s first, and few months later an all out 4disk super edition.

But thats not gonna happen i suppose :frowning:

I’m NOT going to buy it if these specs prove to be true. We know a better version is underway.

QT has become a capitalist dickhead. The rumour has it that vol2 was postponed simply because they want to take away our money with the retail edition(s) of vol1. I bet he’s gonna make ten different releases of the DVD, with slightly different bonus materials everytime and maybe the scenes from the Asian version on one of them. I strongly doubt he’ll include those in the first version.

But I agree that you must try to cash in on every chance given. There’s nothing wrong with that. After all, if the consumer buys a piece of shit, it’s his fault, not the seller’s. So blame yourselves.

What they shouldve done is forgot the release of the Vol 1 DVD in April, release Vol 2 in February and then give us the Deluxe Royale with Chow Mein 2 or 3 Disc Ultimate Kill Bill DVD set in August.

But I really wanna watch Vol 1, I dont think I can pass up that DVD if its sittin on the shelf. Vol 1 is one of the coolest movies Ive ever seen.

I was lookin at Amazon.com and they already have Vol 1 marked down to 19.95. Not bad at all!! Alot better than 30 bucks for 1 DVD!!! (if thats really the case)

At this fuckn point I dont even give a shit anymore. I’ve been waiting for the DVD since Vol. I was still new in theaters, and if they’re gonna be dickheads then they can all jus suck one. My cuzin made me a copy of Vol 1 on CD so I’ve jus been watchn that on the computer and it’s good enuf for me till the DVD comes out. Fuck em all I’m sick of this bullshit.

I’m still buying the DVD, too. Really, this isn’t uncommon. The studios release a bare-bones DVD, maybe with one or two extra features, and then if it does very well, they may or may not release a Super Bonus Deluxe With Curly Fries edition, usually in a couple of years. I don’t think QT is going to lead us on with release after release of the DVD with only slightly different special features, though - he seems to smart to do something that retarded. I’m thinking there’s going to be one special bonus edition, and that’s it.

I have been told that “bare-bones” editions (if you want to call them that) of Vol. 1 and 2 will be released during the 2nd (Vol.1) and 3rd (Vol. 2) quarters of this year. In late November/early December 2004, a 4-disc set (a really cool, creative name was given  ;D) will be released for the “non-casual” fan.

You heard it HERE first!!!

ALSO: If anyone here cares (I DO!!!), The ORIGINAL Star Wars Trilogy will be released for the first time ever on DVD in September 2004!!!

PURE

[quote]I have been told that “bare-bones” editions (if you want to call them that) of Vol. 1 and 2 will be released during the 2nd (Vol.1) and 3rd (Vol. 2) quarters of this year. In late November/early December 2004, a 4-disc set (a really cool, creative name was given  ;D) will be released for the “non-casual” fan.

You heard it HERE first!!!

PURE[/quote]

I read you post and Ok you was the first who posted it. Although I can´t find this post now ???

BUT why did you know it. I´m only curious…