Kill Bill Vol 1 DVD Spec

Kill Bill DVD and video section, also deals with version comparisons
shubbard04

Re: Kill Bill Vol 1 DVD Spec

Post by shubbard04 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:12 pm

What I'll probably end up doing is buying the crappy bare-bones first version and then also buying the special edition with all the extra shit.  Then, I will give away the first DVD as a gift.  No, not because I'm cheap, but because others who would not normally buy the DVD should have it, regardless.  That's how I can justify buying several copies.

Premiere
Hard Drinker

Post by Premiere » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:06 pm

Since we know there's a super-duper edition that's bound to be released sometime this year, I don't mind those specs at all.
Well, we assume there will be a "super duper" edition but nothing is announced.  I think Tarantino should just take his time about releasing the DVD sets to make them worth buying.  I am not partial to any Kill Bill release that doesn't include the House of the Blue Leaves scene in colour in some form or another.
My CD collection: here
My DVD collection:here

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:19 pm

QT also said that when he releases the "super-duper" edition, he will shoot extra footage to add onto the movie. I'm guessing to help bridge the gap between the two movies. Who knows

Mr_Blonde_is_cool

Post by Mr_Blonde_is_cool » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:20 pm

I think its ridiculous what is happening with this dvds. First they were with a lot of extras and now there is only one extra. And that is behind the scenes. But if you want the real extras you will have to wait till the release of the box. That is just robbery.

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:32 pm

Not really. It just takes a long fucking time to make all these extras. The studios release something bare to tie fans over, then they take their time on the good shit. Do you really think QT can put to together an SE of Kill Bill vol 1 right NOW? You crazy? Things take time, would you want the studios to release nothing at all till the SE in next year etc?

Mr_Blonde_is_cool

Post by Mr_Blonde_is_cool » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:12 pm

Not really. It just takes a long fucking time to make all these extras. The studios release something bare to tie fans over, then they take their time on the good shit. Do you really think QT can put to together an SE of Kill Bill vol 1 right NOW? You crazy? Things take time, would you want the studios to release nothing at all till the SE in next year etc?
No, but I dont care if there arent any extra's(it would be good). But the price of the dvd without any extras is too high. 30 dollars. That is robbery. I ment that.

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:16 pm

No, but I dont care if there arent any extra's(it would be good). But the price of the dvd without any extras is too high. 30 dollars. That is robbery. I ment that.

Buy it from Amazon; it's about $19 I think.

Mr_Blonde_is_cool

Post by Mr_Blonde_is_cool » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:46 pm

Buy it from Amazon; it's about $19 I think.
Really, I didnt looked there. But I think you must pay a lot more.

JDK

Post by JDK » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:44 am

$29.99 is just the MSRP for DVDs.  Most places do not charge at MSRP of course.

shubbard04

Post by shubbard04 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:47 am

Actually, bare-bones for this DVD makes sense, when you think about it.

Which would you prefer?  A DVD packed with tons of extra shit that you watch and sink in before seeing volume 2, and then the same thing happens for volume 2, and then the super-duper extra-special DVD comes out with Volume 1 and 2 spliced together and tons of extras... all of which you have seen before...

or... you could have a bare-bones vol. 1 and vol. 2 DVD (which couldn't cost more than 20 bucks) and then the super-duper extra-special DVD with vol. 1 and 2 spliced together PLUS all the special shit.

I, personally, prefer the latter.  That's why I didn't mind picking up the special editions of pulp, reservoir dogs, true romance, and jackie brown.  There was so much extra stuff that it made it worth while.

Secondly, don't hold your breath on the full color House of Blue Leaves.  I repeat.  Don't hold your breath on the full color House of Blue Leaves.

Tarantino has said time and time again that he does not believe in 'director's cuts.'  He says that when a movie is released in the theater, it should be exactly as the director wants it.  He only has a full color version because it was specifically made for the Japanese/Chinese.  Don't think that an American version will come out in full color.  The only way you could get it is if you buy the Japanese version.

It would really surprise me if an 'unrated' version of this movie came out, considering that it is a work of art (in my opinion), rather than a stupid comedy like American Wedding.  Directors/studios/producers rarely modify works of art.

'nuff said.

Mikefare
Cowardly Lion

Post by Mikefare » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:01 am

Not sure if this is posted anywhere but...DVDAnswers.com has the Kill Bill Vol. 1 DVD cover art up. Here's the link...
http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0 ... &n=1&burl=
"And of the world's corrupters Bill stands alone. For while he corrupts the world, inside himself he is pure."

JDK

Post by JDK » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:17 am

At least they didn't use the photo where Uma looks like a neanderthal.

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:43 am

That looks sooo faaaaaaaake.

That covrt art looks like a neanderthol raped photoshop.

JDK

Post by JDK » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:47 am

Doubt it's fake, there really is no motive to make a fake one or for DVDAnswers to pass it as fake.  And there is another picture of Uma, shot in that kind of style, except she looks 10x worse.  I think it was the for the German poster or something.

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:02 am

Doubt it's fake, there really is no motive to make a fake one or for DVDAnswers to pass it as fake.  And there is another picture of Uma, shot in that kind of style, except she looks 10x worse.  I think it was the for the German poster or something.
Yeah, but you can agree it at least looks fake.

QTfightclub
Real McCoy

Post by QTfightclub » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:17 am

it looks muy fake, but i can see it being final, sucks though, something stupid; "the 4th film by Quentin Tarantino" and then "written and directed by Quentin Tarantino", why the fuck do they need to slop his name all over it? how many times do u guys/gals think itll be used on the back? fucking Miramax! it doesnt really look that cool, at least they couldve used that one image that people tried to fake as a poster for vol. 2, that would be kick ass.
I dont give a shit at this point about special features, i just want the fucking movie! at least itll have DTS, and dvdfile.com says itll have trailers, plus that QT BTS thing should be pretty cool, I'm just a happy camper that its fucking comming. Ive said it before, and ill say it again, im gonna freakin buy every single edition of this that comes out.
Plus, on the super-duper box SE, it will mostlikely have the full colour Hous of Blue Leaves, because QT himself said that that it will be fun for the DVD, I think QT is really breaking new ground with Kill Bill, hes doing tons of stuff hes never done before, such as different cuts on DVD/VHS, and also having an original score.
Can't wait!
Last edited by QTfightclub on Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:22 am

Mirimax may be rich jew fucks, but I'm sold. They are soooo milking me for my money, and I dont care. I'm a sucker and I will buy every edition that ever comes out. I just love this fucking movie, whaddya gonna do?
Last edited by Dead_Nigga_Storage on Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bullet

Post by Bullet » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:25 am

That is the gayest cover I have ever seen.

constranded

Post by constranded » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:26 am

Her face looks odd.

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:38 am

She has a fucking banana in her crotch what the fuck

margand

Post by margand » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:48 am

QTfightclub
Real McCoy

Post by QTfightclub » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:02 am

Yea, well tons of places had that fake vol. 2 poster, such as imdb.com, plus another reason why i think its fake, where is the DVD logo? i cant remember one Buena Vista/Miramax DVD that didn't have that logo in the lower right corner. Plus, it looks too cheap, and doesnt really go with Miramax's merchandising of the theatrical release, my guess is, that its fake, and that the real one will look like the fake vol. 2 poster, well at least i hope...

EDIT: fuck, nevermind, thedigitalbits just posted it as the official cover art, damn.
We've got an early look for you at the DVD cover art for Miramax's Kill Bill, Volume 1, which was announced yesterday for 4/13. Kill Bill, Volume 2 is expected to hit theaters on 4/16, just FYI.
Last edited by QTfightclub on Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:46 am

Stop bitching about this. Everybody here is going to buy the Kill Bill dvd regardless of cover art or what fuckin special features it has. and it will probably only cost $20

PURE

Post by PURE » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:17 am

That is the gayest cover I have ever seen.
This is NOT the DVD cover!!! It is a magazine ad for the DVD!

Usurper
Real McCoy

Post by Usurper » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:39 pm

What the fuck is this about?

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index. ... e=newsfull

"Tarantino Talks 'Kill Bill' DVD and Sequel
[ Kill Bill | Posted by: MrDisgustingon 01.13.04 @ 09:28 pm ]

Fox News writes, "Tarantino told me that we will not be seeing "Kill Bill: Vol. 2" until April instead of the planned February release. "To make that date I would have had to come back from promoting ['Vol. 1'] and go right back into editing," he said. "I had to take a break."

In that time, a DVD for "Vol. 1" will be released with a few extras, namely songs that were cut from the first chapter. "Eventually we're going to have one big DVD with both movies," he said. Other than the songs, though, "Vol. 1" will be a straight-ahead transfer to DVD.

More importantly, Tarantino is pondering more chapters in the series. "I've thought of prequels and sequels," he said. "I had this great idea where we wait five years and come back not with the Bride as the main character, but Vernita's (Vivica A. Fox) daughter as the main character. It would be fifteen years in the future, and the Bride (Uma Thurman) would be in a wheelchair."

Songs cut from the first chapter? WTF?
"Then they threw an army at him, and he threw it back... a piece at a time!" - Lone Wolf & Cub

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:55 pm

I think thats a typo, maybe they meant "scene" not "song".

that DVD cover is not a fake, but it's a very early version

Delfonics
Hard Drinker

Post by Delfonics » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:56 pm

She has a fucking banana in her crotch what the fuck
LOL. Yeah I don't understand what the hell that thing is.

I'm just glad they didn't use the hideous pic of Uma from the official German poster, aka "The Neanderthal".

GATSU

Post by GATSU » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:35 pm

I just like how Tarantino said in recent interviews that he didn't need the money, and  judging by this dvd, he apparently does.

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:39 pm

hey fuck off...I love that German poster

she just has a big neck thats all, dont be hatin

Subhuman

Post by Subhuman » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:46 pm

I agree - I don't see the Neanderthal. She looks like a tough motherfu---watch yo' mouf! I'm just talkin' about Uma. Oh, okay. Then we can dig it.