Coming Full Circle With IB, Is This The Beginning of a New Tarantino?

Quentin will always be Quentin. The films he makes will be his no matter what. But it feels to me that IB is really coming full circle since Reservoir Dogs and True Romance. Those were the films of a first timer, someone who wanted to be a filmmaker. Inglourious Basterds is his largest (in scope and cast) film to date. He’s going back to a largely male cast with strong females peppered throughout. And if those films were great (and they are), this will be even greater. Where do you think he’ll go after this? He’s done almost everything in one way or another, horror, gangster, heist, samurai/spaghetti western, blaxploitation(ish), romantic, slasher flick and chase flick and chick flick in one movie, and Jerry Lewis/Alfred Hitchcock with Four Rooms. I’m dying to see where he goes from here. The skies the limit. And if what he says is true about his bio-pic on John Brown, I couldn’t think of a better way to end a career.

What will he do?

High School Musical 4.

His zombie epic. We can only dream…

He spends next 10 years making sequels and prequels for his past movies.

[quote=“Ify”]
High School Musical 4.
[/quote]

Correction: High School Musical 4: Bowling For High School. The Plot:

A dude get sick on all the bad singing and kills everybody with a AK-47!!

. . . i’d say yes it is something of a new beginning for quentin tarantino. it’s could be described as a comeback of sorts. the i.b. teaser material is quite intriquing. he’s seems to be nailing i.b. like the maestro he is . . .

. . . are YOU basterd enuff?

he should do a musical. with violence, perhaps.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
he should do a musical. with violence, perhaps.
[/quote]

What like Saturday Night Fever meets Pulp Fiction?

[quote=“FAT BAAASTERD”]
He spends next 10 years making sequels and prequels for his past movies.
[/quote]

God forbid you fat basterd. It’d be cool if he revisited the Kill Bill world but it brings tears to my eyes thinking of it: Pulp Fiction 2 - Senior Fiction.

Psssh… When QT finishes press for this film, he’s gonna do nothin but party for the next 6 years, then he’ll make another film for bitchy, finicky-ass fans to complain about. “Why isn’t this going to be as good as PF???”

[quote=“Geoi”]
Psssh… When QT finishes press for this film, he’s gonna do nothin but party for the next 6 years, then he’ll make another film for bitchy, finicky-ass fans to complain about. “Why isn’t this going to be as good as PF???”
[/quote]

HAHA ;D, there are plenty of those. I don’t care how much time it takes, just as long as he keeps making movies. What a sad world it will be, where there is no more Tarantino on the big screen… :’(

Just as long as he gets to that biopic on John Brown, I’m good

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
What like Saturday Night Fever meets Pulp Fiction?
[/quote]

nah. more like The Sound of Music meets The Apple meets meets aesthetic violence. add crazy HK style.

[quote=“Ify”]
High School Musical 4.
[/quote]

You just killed me.

[quote=“Ify”]
High School Musical 4.
[/quote]

Maybe Harry Potter and the deathly hallows (is it right?)

two or three years ago, he said that we could still expect for more or less ten movies from him…

he has been mentioning a few projects like a soft-core erotic movie…a kung-fu movie spoken in mandarin and with chinese actors…kill bill vol 3…and the one that seems to be his biggest post-basterd thing : a spaghetti western that touchs on the subject of slavery (he sounded pretty excited about this one when i saw him talking about it, dont remenber where)

[quote=“moura”]
two or three years ago, he said that we could still expect for more or less ten movies from him…

he has been mentioning a few projects like a soft-core erotic movie…a kung-fu movie spoken in mandarin and with chinese actors…kill bill vol 3…and the one that seems to be his biggest post-basterd thing : a spaghetti western that touchs on the subject of slavery (he sounded pretty excited about this one when i saw him talking about it, dont remenber where)
[/quote]

Yeah, yeah, the “southern”! I’d like to hope for ten more movies but I’ve heard him in interviews more than once saying that at some point in his life he was going to stop making movies altogether and do something else, like write books. I believe I heard the number being thrown around like 60, and at the rate he makes movies ten sounds like too much to hope for.

But who knows, maybe he’ll pull a Clint Eastwood and release four movies in two years.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
Yeah, yeah, the “southern”! I’d like to hope for ten more movies but I’ve heard him in interviews more than once saying that at some point in his life he was going to stop making movies altogether and do something else, like write books. I believe I heard the number being thrown around like 60, and at the rate he makes movies ten sounds like too much to hope for.

But who knows, maybe he’ll pull a Clint Eastwood and release four movies in two years.
[/quote]

Noooo. :slight_smile: I don’t think I’d even want Quentin to make more than a couple of movies in the next decade. His films are special. I’d be happy with a couple more easy ones like JB, where he’s not worried about breaking the box office at all, and then maybe one more massive work. He doesn’t need to work himself to death, and I doubt he could stay the same artist if he did.

[quote=“Geoi”]
Noooo. :slight_smile: I don’t think I’d even want Quentin to make more than a couple of movies in the next decade. His films are special. I’d be happy with a couple more easy ones like JB, where he’s not worried about breaking the box office at all, and then maybe one more massive work. He doesn’t need to work himself to death, and I doubt he could stay the same artist if he did.
[/quote]

Your probably right, I agree with you. Unless he announces something better, the films I really want to see are his southern and his John Brown biopic (although the way he’s described them they sound like one in the same). If that was his big one then I would be more than happy with smaller films like Jackie Brown (as far as I’m concerned his best film, not counting Pulp Fiction of course) where I feel you can best appreciate his talent.

i hope he does at least seven or eight more…he loves movies so much; why would he make so few? he seems to have so many ideas…even kubrick managed to make almost 20 movies; quentin hasnt done even ten yet!

sometimes i think that he has watched so many movies, that he doesnt feel like telling most of the stories he could tell…because he knows they were already told

i just hope he does as much as he can and that he finds ways to make his work interesting and fresh everytime;