Most typical

Hello, I’m gonna do a small presentation about Quentin Tarantino in school.

And now I wonder what you think are typical about his movies and what

similarities you can see between them.

Sorry for my poor English :slight_smile:

The dialogue, I would say. It’s very unique and great in all his movies.

then why did everyone bitch about the lack of tarantino-esque dialoge in kill bill?

i think what’s unique to his films is the way he crams so much of cinema-history into 90 minutes. his films are like love-letters to all his favorite movies and genres

[quote=“The Seb”]
then why did everyone bitch about the lack of tarantino-esque dialoge in kill bill?
[/quote]

I didn’t bitch about the dialogue in Kill Bill.

[quote=“The Seb”]

[/quote]

who did? whoever did it wasn’t right to cause Kill Bill is overloaded with Quentesque (made that word up 8)) dialogue

the trunk shots…? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Vince Vega”]
The dialogue, I would say. It’s very unique and great in all his movies.
[/quote]

That doesn’t answer the question, almost every single movie has dialogue, and a lot of them have great and unique dialogue.

I think you meant to say that all his movies have that pop culture-related dialogue. Often, his dialogue appears to have no relation to the plot, but in actuality, the dialogue is there for a reason. It builds on characterisation.

[quote=“The Seb”]

i think what’s unique to his films is the way he crams so much of cinema-history into 90 minutes. his films are like love-letters to all his favorite movies and genres
[/quote]

The question isn’t what’s unique about his films, it’s; what are the similarities between them, what kind of stuff does he have in every one of his films?

Also, I think you were to broad in your first statement. People bitched about the lack of Tarantino-esque dialogue in VOLUME 1, but they shut up after watching Volume 2!!

[quote=“Johny|Exhale”]
who did? whoever did it wasn’t right to cause Kill Bill is overloaded with Quentesque (made that word up 8)) dialogue
[/quote]

I have read a lot of your posts where you seem to make up your own words for things, you are too up yourself, buddy. “Quentesque” is the worst “word” I have heard, stick to the known and given; Tarantino-esque.

[quote=“thecrazy88”]
the trunk shots…? :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Finally, it took a 14 year old to answer properly!

Yes Tarantino has trunk shots in all of his movies.

Other similiarities between his films:

• QT himself appears in some form in all his films
  • They are full of film references
  • uses a non-linear structure (as well as other devices found in novels)
  • a briefcase often plays an important role in all his films
  • shots of people doing things in extreme close-ups (eg. Max Cherry turning the gear box)
  • never has product placement
  • Often uses made-up brands (Red Apple cigarettes, Big Kahuna Burger)
  • has some sort of cereal in all his films (mostly the discontinued ones, he has collected over time)
  • have “long-shots” (a continuous unbroken take)
  • characters have Aliases
  • redemption plays a part in all his films
  • have a crime element
  • uses an actors thought to be out of taste, which usually end up as revivals (Travolta, Grier, Forster, Carradine,)

You may find others here: Quentin Tarantino - Biography - IMDb

[quote=“Relic”]
I have read a lot of your posts where you seem to make up your own words for things, you are too up yourself, buddy. “Quentesque” is the worst “word” I have heard, stick to the known and given; Tarantino-esque.

[/quote]

all in favor of making Quentesque the official word from now on? great, Quentesque it shall be!

“Tarantino-esque” haha horrible, 2 vowels should never collide, “Tarantino … esque”, “Quentesque” one word, soothing, flowing, 2 q’s, brilliant, on my part, because i am the king, i am the walrus, i am the ruler, the emperor and the owner of your teenage existence

ask your babysitter to move you away from the PC, or atleast the internet, “buddy”

[quote=“Johny|Exhale”]
[/quote]

The correct term is “Tarantinoesque.” I shit you not.

Both sound kind of silly (Tarantinoesque is cooler imo), but Quentesque wouldn’t make sense because you would name a word after a specific director’s last name, not his first. Anybody could have the name “Quentin”; not many directors have the last name Tarantino.

[quote=“Relic”]
That doesn’t answer the question, almost every single movie has dialogue, and a lot of them have great and unique dialogue.
[/quote]

“And now I wonder what you think are typical about his movies and what

similarities you can see between them”.

It doesn’t answer the way you think about it, but I do think the dialogue is typical for his movies.

And I would like to add the Dutch references Quentin makes in all his movies to your little list. Quentin sure loves us, but hey, doesn’t everybody? Especially you Relic, I know you love us.

And for the record, Quentesque sounds better.

…but it doesn’t make any sense

If you say the name Quentin on this board, who do you think it refers to? Not the Quentin who lives next to petstore in Richmond, Virginia.

Yeah, but only if you use it on this board. If you were to actually use it in real life, it’d have no meaning. If you want to have words where you can only specifically use them on the internet, that’s fine. But Tarantinoesque is nice because you could actually say it in real life and have it make sense.

haha dude i’m not changing history here, use whatever word you like

Thank you, kind sir.

Ermmm… Quentin Tarantino himself, that’s right, the actual real-life guy himself likes and has referred to the word “Tarantino-esque” and thinks it on the same level if not one better “Wellesian” (yes, QT is a big-headed fucker) so I have blown you the fuck away there. As Hans has pointed out, saying “Quentesque” doesn’t make sense, his name isn’t even Quent, if you were to make someone an adjective, you would use his FULL last name, otherwise you could be referring to anybody. Too many people suck each others dicks on this board even when they know that person is wrong.

[quote=“Vince Vega”]
“And now I wonder what you think are typical about his movies and what

similarities you can see between them”.

It doesn’t answer the way you think about it, but I do think the dialogue is typical for his movies.

And I would like to add the Dutch references Quentin makes in all his movies to your little list. Quentin sure loves us, but hey, doesn’t everybody? Especially you Relic, I know you love us.

And for the record, Quentesque sounds better.
[/quote]

I didn’t say you were wrong, just that you didn’t really answer the question, like The Seb, you were too vague in what you said. You should have said how his dialogue is typical in his movies.

Who gives a shit is Quentesque sounds better (it doesn’t), nobody here has the right to just make up and use a word, especially when there is already a word for it, that has been ACCEPTED by QT.

QT loves a lot of things, I wouldn’t toss off to his picture too much if I was you. I would also try to smile if I was you, sheesh, talk about being miserable.

Also, believe it or not, but there this board is not the centre of the world.

another typical Quentesque thing: Red Apple Cigarettes

What about Quentinjarometarantinoesque.com/org.netesque? I think that one sounds pretty spiffy myself.

[quote=“Relic”]
I would also try to smile if I was you.
[/quote]

Haha, I am smiling right now, believe me.

[quote=“Johny|Exhale”]
another typical Quentesque thing: Red Apple Cigarettes
[/quote]

Already mentioned, dumbass.

[quote=“Vince Vega”]
Haha, I am smiling right now, believe me.
[/quote]

Good to know. We need more positive-ness.