Ever Looked @ Someone Differently Cuz They Didn't Like QT Movies?

I tend to do this, I must admit.

If I’m talking movies with someone, whether a film buff, film geek or casual viewer, and they don’t like QT movies, I automatically think sumpn’s wrong with 'em. I mean, of course to each his/her own and everything, but if these ppl won’t even admit to his talent, if they can’t even cite some element of humor or dialogue or action that they enjoy in his movies, I tend to think these ppl are not very deep.

I mean, how can one ignore the passion this man puts into his work? Just with a fair knowledge of film you can recognize the ENORMOUS respect this man has for his medium. QT is actually a very disciplined director, despite his somewhat carefree public persona, me thinks…

To me, a fan of QT is one that is open-minded and enjoys life. They actually LOVE movies; movies are meaningful to them. I know it is to me.

The few ppl I’ve come across who hate QT’s films have usually been insanely snobbish filmwatchers and close-minded individuals who think films should be made or say in a certain way only.

So, ya’ll came across any QT haters lately?

haha, this is no problem for me. Because there is no such thing as a "quentin hater’. Everyone has a soft spot for him, regardless if they admit it or not!!! So if someone says they hate his movies, they are just lying their face off…why? I’m not sure.

I know a guy who everytime I ask him to refuses to watch a QT movie. He’s never seen one but I’ve been dying for him to see “Reservoir Dogs” and “Pulp Fiction” and everytime turns it down. This really bugs me because pretty much we’re like each other’s ultimate movie buddy. We talk movies more than anyone else we talk to. But yet he doesn’t wanna see either one. This bugs the hell out of me.

Plus, another way I see someone differently is if they don’t sit through the credits. Weird, I know, but still it ain’t over until the final credit rolls so why quit so soon and disrespect the people who helped make a movie so good? That is of course unless it’s just balls out turdy and deserves disrespecting to the MAX!

I agree with you, lazer. The people that surround me are what you called ‘‘casual watchers’’. So if they saw a QT film they wouldn’t know it was him, they wouldn’t care either. I guess I’m just used to it. One of my friends refuses to watch anything by him, thinking he’s violent and will ‘‘gross her out’’. Another friend watched Kill Bill (only vol.1) and said it was too agressive. So to answer your question, it bugs me that they don’t even realise how good a director he is, or perhaps, like Black Mamba said, simply won’t admit to it. I try not to mind it though:)

PS. I so know what you mean Rass, I love the credits, hehe, but by the time they finish, I’m abandoned :-[

I look out for familiar names of people I didn’t expect to have been involved in the film and such. If I liked a song, I’d stay 'till the music credits go by, and someimes, some directors put Thank Yous at the end, I like them… ;D

If I did that, I’d be looking at myself differently. I don’t like all of Quentin’s movies, although I have watched them all a few times through. I like the guy himself and the way he thinks, and if I like half of his movies, I watch the others simply because they’re his.

I’m very open-minded, so I don’t judge people on what films they like or don’t like. In fact, I find it more interesting. All my friends like some of the same movies as me, but have a large collection of films not to my tastes. Most of them haven’t seen half of Tarantino’s movies, and I don’t really care. Having different tastes just gives us more opinions and recommendations to share.

I don’t know anybody who’s seen more than Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill, and mostly because they’re popular movies, not because they’re particular fans of the director. But like I said, it doesn’t bother me because I’m open-minded. I’ll take an interest in just about any film, even if I don’t actually go on to watch it. And I don’t force people to watch things just because I like them, but I like to talk about how much I like them when we discuss movies.

When ever someone says that to me I think ‘yeah right. stop lying’. There isn’t something someone likes about one of his movies. It’s a given.

I’d say there’s a very high chance that if you don’t like Quentin Tarantino movies you saw “Date Movie”, first showing on the opening day :-</E>

And if you hate Quentin Tarantino movies you found the message the movie carried quite profound as well as occassionally funny.

My mom thinks QT films are violent and immoral. But I don’t care, a movie without gore is like a movie without balls. QT has big balls, he knows how to meld humor with gore, which is one of his filmmaking trademarks. Than you Mr. Tarantino, without your films I would be lost…TOO MUCH, SORRY!

[quote=“RassRole”]
I’d say there’s a very high chance that if you don’t like Quentin Tarantino movies you saw “Date Movie”, first showing on the opening day :-</E>

And if you hate Quentin Tarantino movies you found the message the movie carried quite profound as well as occassionally funny.
[/quote]

man that movie sucked. But back to the topic, in one of my classes a year ago my old eng. teacher got on the topic of violent movies that are also good, and she says braveheart and my friend and i both go at the same time. “Pulp Fiction” and she goes "no that movie is trash. i really hated that teacher.

[quote]in one of my classes a year ago my old eng. teacher got on the topic of violent movies that are also good, and she says braveheart and my friend and i both go at the same time. “Pulp Fiction” and she goes "no that movie is trash. i really hated that teacher.
[/quote]

If you’re gonna talk shit about one Tarantino movie, don’t make it “Pulp Fiction”. If you disrespect “Pulp Fiction” you just disrepect movies in general.

QT Haters?! Ha ha ha! Nah, haven’t ran into one, although when KillBill was released this radio personality fuck was cashing in on the bashing band wagon when this kid called in trying to explain that it’s like homage to all the bang em up Kung Fu seventies stuff, and that he’s bringing it all back to light for the un-illuminated. That includes the disk jockey fucking meathead. Love the name laser.

[quote=“RassRole”]
[/quote]
I burst out laughing when I read that! My friend who has never seen a QT film always makes fun of him, and yes she did see Date Movie on the first day of it’s release![quote=“OsuFan45”]
man that movie sucked. But back to the topic, in one of my classes a year ago my old eng. teacher got on the topic of violent movies that are also good, and she says braveheart and my friend and i both go at the same time. “Pulp Fiction” and she goes "no that movie is trash. i really hated that teacher.
[/quote]
Evil bastard…

Yeah she was.

I had a girlfriend who asked me why I liked Pulp Fiction so much…I told her to watch it and find out. She got up and left when Marcellus Wallace was getting cornholed by Zed. As her car was backing out of the driveway I yelled out to her “I guess dinner and a blowjob is out of the question!” We never went out again. If you can’t stomach Pulp or Clockwork Orange, than you need to get fucked!

hillarious story :wink:

I got asked once by a mate who QT was…really.

When I was dating my now ex-boyfriend I showed him Pulp Fiction, he hated it - he gave no reason why.

Also, I converted my friend to the joys of the QT film, showed her Jackie Brown - she loved it and now is one of his biggest fans.

I don’t judge people on thier movie tastes…most of the time.

[quote=“MissMia”]
I got asked once by a mate who QT was…really.
[/quote]
Haha, no shit… I get asked that like every day :stuck_out_tongue: people are just stupid. But I don’t judge them for their movie-taste either…

This girl at work asked me what I was looking at (this site). I said it was a site about QT…you do know who QT is, don’t you. That stupid bitch didn’t!

It is quite strange to think some people don’t know who he is!

Trout is a fucking genius!! Holy shit I’d love to have some stupid fucking dumb bitch to yell that shit at!!! HA!!!