QT's favorite movies by year

Here are QT’s favorite movies of 2005:

4. Devil’s Rejects

3. Hustle & Flow

2. Domino

1. Sin City

Anyone know what his fav’s were for 2004 or other years?

Angel Eyes

In 2004 I think it was Shaun of the Dead. In 2003 it was Terminator 3 if I recall correctly.

Yeah, i was watching the late show and thinking, what a coincidence! My favorite movies of the year compare with his list. I own all those DVD’s except hustle and flow.

I found this–QT’s eight favorites of 2004.

“Shaun Of The Dead was my favourite film of last year and I’m not just saying that because (director) Edgar Wright is standing next to me. I also think it is the best British movie made in the last seven years, since The Crying Game, and maybe the best British movie about young people right now I’ve ever seen. My second favourite movie of the year was The Passion Of The Christ. I’m actually in the writers’ branch of the Academy, but I wanted to switch over to the directors’ branch so I could vote for Mel Gibson to win an Oscar. I think The Passion Of The Christ is one of the most magnificent directing jobs I’ve seen in my life. I hadn’t seen a movie bring back the imagery of silent cinema until that film. I also loved Before Sunset, The Incredibles, Team America, OldBoy, Fahrenheit 9/11 and Harold And Kumar Get The Munchies.”

Did he love Before Sunset? OMG! That film is one of the worst ever!!!

I can see why he liked Farenheit 911, this film has so many ideas for a war movie, it’s incredible… we’ll probably see some of those in Inglrious Bastards

Sin city is f***ing great :slight_smile:

[quote=“Luxie”]
[/quote]

are you serious? i like it even better than Before Sunrise, it’s great

Not sure if its been posted before, but found it on http://www.cinemastrikesback.com

[quote]
For those that didn’t stay up and watch the Oscar Jimmy Kimmel special, you missed Quentin Tarantino giving out his top four favorite films of 2005.

1. Sin City
  2. Domino
  3. Hustle & Flow
  4. Devils Rejects

Note this was supposed to be a top 5 but it got lost in translation with what was going on. They went through the top 3 and then got side tracked and then came back on topic and he mentioned “Devils Rejects� as the remaining film in his top 5. I think “Wolf Creek� might be number 4. I’ll post an update once I find an answer.

He also gave a special mention to Mickey Rourke (Sin City, Domino) for his work in 2005 which he felt should have been recognized.

And of course earlier in the show Kimmel helps Jon Stewart pop a huge zit on his face right before he went on the Oscars.
    [/quote]

Pleased to see Devil’s rejects in there!

[quote=“Vlad”]
Not sure if its been posted before, but found it on http://www.cinemastrikesback.com

Pleased to see Devil’s rejects in there!
[/quote]

The older topic was in the wrong board, hence moved and merged.

Sin City kicks ass

[quote=“Luxie”]
[/quote]

What?!? Linklater is a filmmaking god! Are you high on glue?

[quote=“RassRole”]
What?!? Linklater is a filmmaking god! Are you high on glue?
[/quote]
Actually, i looked this film up and realised that i´ve mixed it up with another film. I admit i was wrong here. Sorry! I´ve never been high on glue though! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Luxie”]
Actually, i looked this film up and realised that i´ve mixed it up with another film. I admit i was wrong here. Sorry! I´ve never been high on glue though! :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

with After the Sunset? you silly rabbit!

Yeah! I sure am silly! Hahaha :wink:

tricks are for kids.

but, I am also glad The Devil’s Rejects is on there >:D Rob zombie a director…who would’ve thought his movie would turn out so great.

Dude I didn’t know he had listed his top favorites from 2005. It doesn’t matter that he had pretty much the same opinion as me, but it does surprise me.

Mine, out of everything I’ve seen from 2005(I’m behind)

are

Sin City(surprises me that he’d pick this, cause of his involvement)

Devil’s Rejects

Walk the Line(wonder what he thought of this, best oscar-type film I’ve seen from 05)

Domino(would probably be on it, it just keeps getting better and better everytime I see it)

40 year old virgin(love this movie)

Waiting(Clerks and Office Space for the restaurant industry, love it)

Batman Begins(fucking pleasant surprise)

Revenge of the Sith(not the best of the year, but I’ve been hyped up about it for 6 years, and I loved it)

Have not seen Hustle and Flow yet, looks really good. Was also pretty curious about Syriana,Goodnight/Goodluck,Munich,New World, have yet to see any of them.

[quote=“Luxie”]
[/quote]

Oh, good! ;D I became really worried there for a second!

[quote=“RassRole”]
Oh, good! ;D I became really worried there for a second!
[/quote]

lol, same here. That is the kind of mistake that could lead to a fatal stabbing incident…

I watched Crash last night and i found it pretty good. I could see QT liking how everything gets solved in the end.