Quint or Hitch?

I was watching Vertigo last night and, as usual it still blows me away, but so does every film by Sir Hitch, but I prefer Tarantino, obviously. But that doesn’t mean that Quentin is better or more innovative, he simply is my preference. On a technical level The Master was far superior, just, not all his films grab on and don’t let go, all of Quint’s do, but QT isn’t as innovative on a technical level, but he definitely is on a writing level. So is Tarantino better because he can write, or was The Master, because he shooting abilities were better? Tarantino fan site or not, many of you must admitt Sir Alfred’s superiorities, and may then believe he he is better, so, no, although many of you probably think the answer to this question is obvious, I don’t.

Hitch, sorry Q

I think this comparison lacks a permise or some sort of level of comparison. Hitchcock was a master at telling crime stories that were just new at the time. No Hitchcock film would blow anyone away, today.

I think Tarantino’s films have far more substance in terms of acting and directing. Wheras Hitchcock is I think the better storyteller.

Vertigo blew me away!!! :o

Nah…no way can you rate them against each other. to compare two such masters of cinema is impossible…it would be like asking ‘who was the better painter Da Vinci or Picasso?’ (er…actually i think Da Vinci was better, but you get the point…two diffrent styles of painting, two diffrent styles of film making, both creators are equally as good in their own style and you cant comparitavly rate them)

Quint or Hitch? Quint or Hitch? Quint or Hitch? Q or H Q or H … hmmm dam

:-</E>

[quote=“Jot”]
Nah…no way can you rate them against each other. to compare two such masters of cinema is impossible…it would be like asking ‘who was the better painter Da Vinci or Picasso?’ (er…actually i think Da Vinci was better, but you get the point…two diffrent styles of painting, two diffrent styles of film making, both creators are equally as good in their own style and you cant comparitavly rate them)
[/quote]

I pretty much agree. Two different styles of directing from different times.

But if I had to choose, I’d agree with Johnny, Hitch.

Quint.

There aint no black folks in Hitch’s movies! >:( :laugh:

[quote=“Laydback”]
Quint.

There aint no black folks in Hitch’s movies! >:( :laugh:
[/quote]

Hah aha ha ha ha!!

Quentin.

[quote]There ain’t no black folks in Hitch’s movies.[/quote]

That's cause Hitch is a sucker for blondes. Who'd blame him?

I love how Hitchcock used beautiful actors - the girls looked perfect, just like they had came from a beauty salon, and the guys where the essence of manliness, always tall with suits and everything. I find it pretty funny.

Then I love how he creates suspense. You always follow a character that’s done something bad, a murder or a theft, and then some good person shows up and tries to help him. I love the idea of this - the viewer is attached to the EVIL guy and wishes the GOOD guy would get lost. It’s always:

“Hi! I’m a detective, may I help you somehow? You look as if you needed some help”

“N…n…nno thanks… I…I’m in quite a… hurry”

“Are you sure? You look frightened. Has something happened?”

“No, no, nothing” /an awkward smile/ "what makes you think that?"

And on and on it goes until the girl runs off with a bad excuse and like four man look at her with those suspicious faces. How can you not like it? Nobody ever makes these kinda films now.

Then I like his soundtracks, it is some really dramatic music, makes you laugh, haha, everything in his films was theatratical, and it fits the atmosphere so well.

And of course the appearances. Tarantino also appears in his movies, but not like that. Remember in Stage Fright, when the girl is running, she’s bewildered, frightened, she had commited murder, right? So she runs on Hitch and he looks at her as if he knew everything. And he DID, he’s the DIRECTOR for god’s sake, he appears in his movies not like a character, but as a director, I love that.

Hitchcock of course.

There’s no discussion, look at the filmographies.

Hitchcock was the pioneer, he’s the fucking master. He has influenced almost every single director since his day. QT even uses Hitchcock techniques. There is no question that Hitchcock is one of, if not the greatest director ever. However, just like somebody else said, Hitchcock maybe the greatest, but I still prefer QT. There are quite a few other directors I think are better than QT but I still prefer QT and he is still my favourite.

cool pics but i cant really answer the Q because ive never relly considered them comparable

Quentin hates Hitchcock, and i never noticed any Hitch techniques in a QT movie, where did you?

Hitch is one of the best, number 4 in my top 5 because i think sometimes hes slightly overrated, i used to say he was thé best all the time, but i don’t know, he could of used some more variations now and then, i realise that now, but i can’t say anything bad about him really, the only thing that kind of bothers me is that it’s impossible for me to have a Hitchcock marathon, it gets dull, they lose their magic, give them time to sink in

North by Northwest also took over as my favorite Hitch film, Vertigo took the cake for a while but i don’t know, NBN it just so amazingly directed i can’t even express it, while in Vertigo it’s the story that blows me away, not that much the film on its own, NBN is more exciting, it’s adventure, a chase, nail biter, suspense… almsot perfect

How do you know that Qt hates Hitch?

well, ‘hate’ is a big word, he’s just not a fan, he said it alot

That’s kinda funny since QT is a huge De Palma fan, and De Palma rips off Hitch every chance he gets. I mean you can’t say you love Dressed To Kill and then proclaim you’re not a fan of Psycho. It doesn’t make any sense if you know what I mean.

[quote=“Scarface”]
That’s kinda funny since QT is a huge De Palma fan, and De Palma rips of Hitch every chance he gets. I mean you can’t say you love Dressed To Kill and then proclaim you’re not a fan of Psycho. It doesn’t make any sense if you know what I mean.
[/quote]

well Quentin said he loves Psycho II more than Psycho, so yeah, there you go