Quentin Tarantino and What You Love About Him

Why do you like Quentin Tarantino as a Filmmaker?

Please also check some of these topics:

A five pages long discussion why and if we find him that good“Is tarantino the greatest director in your opinion?”

Has Tarantino Improved?

Tarantino Cult- or Commercial Director?

Writer or Director?

Writing Style and Pace - What attracted me to QT’s Movies

[quote=“wakeonme”]
Why do you like Quentin Tarantino as a Filmmaker?
[/quote]

I think mostly because he makes films out of love for cinema, not becausae he wants to earn billions

[quote=“The Seb”]
I think mostly because he makes films out of love for cinema, not becausae he wants to earn billions
[/quote]
I agree with you. When he´s interviewed on tv, you can really see that film is a passion, the way he talks about it. Some directors seem so blasé, but he is just so enthusiastic! I love that!

First of all i think he’s a brilliant writer and i think he can write anything and it will be good.

I love his directing style as well cause…hes a director lol :slight_smile: another thing is when i see him talking in interviews you can tell that he is so enthusiastic and has such a passion for film that its just incredible and when i see other film-makers they are completly different in what they talk about. The last thing is and this is one the biggest things i love about him is that alot of his films pay homoge to classic films and styles and movies that he loved watching when he was a kid. What i hate about people is that they say he is plagiarizing movies and stealing them and that makes me angry cause i know that he doesnt do that and i think its good having someone that is passionate with film and wants to bring back what old GOOD cinema was like. Quite frankly i dont really like what most of hollywood has become my dad doest even go to the movies hardly at all anymore cause one he doesnt like theaters and little annoying kids being at the theaters and two there is nothing that he’s interested in but i try to tell him that there are some great movies still out there but anyways back to the topic i just think that its great that Tarantino shows some of the old classic styles of films but redefining it and making it his own. Thats what i love about Tarantino does anyone have any other things that they love about him.

P.S. I dont love Quentin for his violence there are so many more great things about Quentin and violence isnt one of them but you might think different.

I have merged your topic with this one Noodles.

Check out the links Tanukihime posted, aswell.

Happy posting :slight_smile:

I have to go back to my initial reaction to Pulp Fiction in 1994. I don’t expect to see another movie that has that kind of impact. I question whether Pulp holds up for younger people than me, but at that moment I had simply, even as a so-called film geek, never seen a movie as well conceived or executed.

Tarantino’s approach reminds me a bit of Frank Miller’s hero comics. What’s great about the Frank Miller Daredevil is that Daredevil is still Daredevil, Matt Murdock Matt Murdock, the Kingpin the Kingpin, and the themes and ideas are left intact. Only, with Miller’s writing, you actually give a shit again. You can feeeel what Matt Murdock is going through. You can feeeel the Kingpin’s evil. I think it was Warhol who said that when you look at anything too long, it loses all meaning. I think great artists are always, either consciously or not, reinventing the old stuff in order to restore meaning (Lucas did the opposite with the Star Wars prequels).

Right out of the gate, you meet Vincent and Jules, two hitmen on their way to do a hit. But somehow the situation seems more emotional than banal Hollywood action. There’s a tension there between these guys’ natural conversation and what you know they are about to do. Then when Vincent drops the bomb, that he is going to take the boss’s wife out on a date, you realize that what you’ve just heard has set up a story, and, like Daredevil in the hands of Frank Miller, this cliche scenario has meaning again. You can feel Vincent’s situation in an almost personal way. You feel it again when he’s getting turned on by Mia, against all likelihood, and again when he’s standing in the bathroom saying, "One drink and that’s it."

Spielberg did the same thing with Jaws and Close Encounters, a monster movie and a UFO movie. More than anything, he made audiences feel it again, and, in that regard (among others), I’ve always seen a link between Spielberg and Tarantino. Both defined a decade. Both established styles that for better or worse became norms. Both are incredibly misinterpreted and poorly emulated. The question of Tarantino’s status as a cult or mainstream director has come up, and I think it’s obvious Tarantino is a director of entertainment. His movies are fun above all else. All the intellectual stuff, the timeshifts and conversations, wouldn’t mean much if Tarantino weren’t telling good old fun stories.

And lastly, attitude is everything. There is a fine line between what Tarantino does and parody. Parody is done out of a certain amount of contempt. For man. For the genre. For the medium. But like Mozart said, genius is all about love, love, love. Nobody loves what he’s doing as much as Tarantino, and it shows.

What I love about Quentin Tarantino…hmm. I gotta like quote Patricia Arquette in True Romance for this one. YOUR JUST SO COOL!!! And I’m a fucking guy! “If I had to fuck a guy it would be him!” Hey this goes for you too Takashi Miike! And I knew the deadly Mr.M BEFORE Quentin talked about his Radness on the Pulp Fiction DVD! Robert Rodriquez and Quentin Tarantino and Takashi Miike!!! WHAT CAN’T YOU LOVE ABOUT THEM!!! THESE CATS ARE WELL AND WAY BEYOND THE REALMS OF WICKED!!! AND I DO LOVE QUENTIN’S AGRESSIVE STYLE!!! IT FUCKING AMPS ME UP TOO JUST WATCHING HIM CONVERSE!!! FUCK IT WHILE I’M AT IT, “HEY ROD, U WANNA FUCK 2?!!” :o

[quote=“Luxie”]
I agree with you. When he´s interviewed on tv, you can really see that film is a passion, the way he talks about it. Some directors seem so blasé, but he is just so enthusiastic! I love that!
[/quote]
I agree too, I love watching and hearing inreviews with him cus he really sounds like he loves what he’s doing!

He doesn’t idolize or make films that are a big part of mainstream hollywood

[quote=“thecrazy88”]
I agree too, I love watching and hearing inreviews with him cus he really sounds like he loves what he’s doing!
[/quote]

yeah man, me too, i totally agree :slight_smile:

He’s just a cool person who you can relate to. I always feel like (even though Spielberg is a really nice guy) that you can’t relate to people like Spielberg. But Tarantino is a fan and a fucking great director.

because he tell’s it like it is.