QT's favorite movies

I am curious what QT’s Top Ten movies are and I assume he has mentioned it numerous times so anyone kno?

Taxi Driver, Blow Out, Rio Bravo and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly are few of his absolute favorite movies.

i remember reading this in a book somewhere and i think the list went something like this:

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Coffy

Carrie

The Great Escape

Blow Out

His Girl Friday

Rio Bravo

Taxi Driver

Bringing Up Baby

Dressed To Kill (?) or maybe The Streetfighter (?)

i’m not sure about the last one, but i think the other ones were on the list. Great Escape and GBU are both on my top 10 also, which is really cool

Top 3: (Never Change)

-Rio Bravo

-Blow Out

-Taxi Driver

The rest of his list changes all the time.

I got this from this very site…it has quotes about the films from QT himself, dont know how it stands up now:

Rio Bravo (1959)

Director: Howard Hawks

Starring: John Wayne, Dean Martin

"When I’m getting serious about a girl, I show her Rio Bravo and she better fucking like it"

Taxi Driver (1976)

Director: Martin Scorsese

Starring: Robert DeNiro, Jodie Foster

Scorsese’s classic set the blueprint for Tarantino’s fascination with ultra-violence

Blow Out (1981)

Director: Brian dePalma

Starring: John Travolta, Nancy Allen

De Palma is probably Tarantino’s favorite director (he cites De Palma’s Casualties of war as ‘my favorite war movie’). This, before Pulp Fiction, also marked John Travolta’s best screen performance.

Abott and Costello meet Frankenstein (1948)

Director: Charles T. Barton

Starring: Bud Abbot, Lou Castello, Bela Lugosi

"When I was a little kid that was my favorite movie of all time. It’s not like thy make comedy now. The scary parts are really scary and the funny parts are really funny. Frankenstein actually kills people. He throws the nurse through the window, and she’s dead."

Big Wednesday (1978)

Director: John Milius

Starring: Jan-Michael Vincent, Gary Busey

"I don’t like surfers; I didn’t like them when I was growing up. I lived in a surfing community, and I thought they were all jerks. I like this movie so much. Surfers don’t deserve this movie"

Where Angels Dare (1969)

Director: Brian G. Hutton

Starrring: Richard Burton, Clint Eastwood

"This is my favorite guys-on-a-mission movie. I’m gonna do a guys-on-a-mission movie one day"

Fandango (1985)

Director: Kevin Reynolds

Starring: Kevin Costner, Judd Nelson

"Kevin Reynolds is going to be the Stanley Kubrik of this decade. Fandango is one of the best directorial debuts in the history of cinema. I saw Fandango five times at the movie theater and it only playd for a fucking week, all right?"

Breathless (1983)

Director: Jim McBride

Starring: Richard Gere

"Here’s a movie that indulges completely all my obsessions - comic books, rockabilly music and movies"

Days of Thunder (1990)

Director: Tony Scott

Starring: Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman

"It’s like a fucking Sergio Leone movie with cars"

Rolling Thunder (1977)

Director: John Flynn

Starring: William Devane, Tommy Lee Jones

"Most movies let you down but this is ass-kicking nirvana"

it also has a picture of the “Streetfighter” cover…so that one is probably on his list too

[quote]

Days of Thunder (1990)

Director: Tony Scott

Starring: Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman

"It’s like a fucking Sergio Leone movie with cars"
[/quote]

That movie is soooooooooooooooooooo gay.

Yea, i tried to watch some of it on TV, and i couldnt, it was so freakin shitty.

yeah you sure that was on there, my mom likes that movie, and anything my mom likes is usually pretty bad…

This is what he entered for BFIs Sight & Sound poll

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Leone)

Rio Bravo (Hawks)

Taxi Driver (Scorsese)

His Girl Friday (Hawks)

Rolling Thunder (Flynn)

They All Laughed (Bogdanovich)

The Great Escape (J. Sturges)

Carrie (De Palma)

Coffy (Hill)

Dazed and Confused (Linklater)

Five Fingers of Death (Chang)

Hi Diddle Diddle (Stone)

I just purchased The Good The Bad and The Ugly Special edition DVD today its pretty cool It includes; Deleted scenes, a commentary track by a film historian, a making of documentary, a doc. on Sergio Leone, a civil war doc,a feturette on Ennio Morricone, an eight page booklet and the International theatrical mini-posters.

Anyways its being sold with a sticker on it that says:

“My Favorite Movie” - Quentin Tarantino

I just thought this was both cool and interesting enough info to share.

I thought QT’s fav film was blow out?

The sticker on my copy says "Cinematically Perfect - Quentin Tarantino"

And in an advert that came on TV about it, it shows Tarantino saying “My favourite Movie”

I think I saw that advertisment as well…

Great flick!!!

I saw that sticker too, and I thought it was really very strange, Quentin’s favourite movie is Rio Bravo, his top 3 are:

1. Rio Bravo
  2. Blow Out
  3. Taxi Driver

I don’t know where the hell MGM heard that “quote” from, I remember reading an interview very recently in which he said that his top 3 are as listed above, and it’s been that way forever, I dunno though. ???::slight_smile:

I knew blow out was one of them! still at least the movie is a good one, at least it wasn’t something like “Raise The Titanic” -My Favourite movie! -Quentin Tarantino

…that would be extremely worrying…

Actually the sticker credits the Hollywood Reporter for the quote.

Its possible that they brought it up to him he said something like “oh thats one of my favorites” or somthing to that effect.

I think that a man with such a unbelievable knowledge in movies has def. more than one fav movie!

Surely he could make a list of 100 films in 3 seconds.

But it is prolly a good marketing thing to stick a badge with “QT says is hís fav” on the cover.

yeah people tend to think “Oh Tarantino likes it - it must be good.” THINK FOR U DAMN SELVES!!

yeah he probably could metion 100 in 3 seconds, i wonder which films he would include?

Tarantino participated in Sight & Sound’s 2002 Director’s Poll of directors’ favorite movies

Here is the “Top 10” list that Tarantino submitted:

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Leone)

Rio Bravo (Hawks)

Taxi Driver (Scorsese)

His Girl Friday (Hawks)

Rolling Thunder (Flynn)

They All Laughed (Bogdanovich)

The Great Escape (J. Sturges)

Carrie (De Palma)

Coffy (Hill)

Dazed and Confused (Linklater)

Five Fingers of Death (Chang)

Hi Diddle Diddle (Stone)

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/top … =Tarantino”>http://www.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/topten/poll/voter.php?forename=Quentin&surname=Tarantino</LINK_TEXT>

NO WAY!

Quentin told me that his favourite film was legally blonde!