Actors, directors that Should work with QT

actors: Daniel Day Lewis, Ray Liotta, Frank Vincet, Dustin Hoffman, Chow Yon Fat, Jet Li, Mel Gibson, Michael Chiklis, Viggo Mortensen, Orlando Bloom, Jim Carrey, Nicholas Cage

Directors: Oliver Stone(screw NBK) John Woo, Warchowski brothers, Paul Thomas Anderson and Michael Mann

hmm speaking of the Warchowskis can Tarantino do sci fi?

yes he can. but it wont be wachowski-like sci-fi, it would be more like kubrick sci-fi or orson welles sci-fi, i guess

NO DIRECTORS SHOULD WORK WITH QT!!

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever!!!

[quote]NO DIRECTORS SHOULD WORK WITH QT!!

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever!!!

[/quote]

Do you fear we could see something equally brilliant as “From Dusk Till Dawn”?

There is only one actor that comes to mind who should work with Tarantino:

Clint Eastwood should have a part in Glorious Bastards, that would be nice. Just a bigger cameo, you know.

damn, yes. Clint Eastwood should be fucking LEADING ACTOR in Glorious Bastards.

[quote]damn, yes. Clint Eastwood should be fucking LEADING ACTOR in Glorious Bastards.

[/quote]

Clint Eastwoods a legend and all, but he’s way too old to be in a QT movie. He could maybe play a part in a cameo or something, but I wouldnt expect to see it.

From Dusk Till Dawn was brilliant? How so? Its a half ass wannabe QT film directed by Robert “Spy Kids” Rodriguez. lol.

Pulp Fiction was brilliant, The Godfather was brilliant, Citizen Kane was brilliant, From Dusk Till Dawn was fun for about half an hour.

pete, get it: From Dusk Till Dawn is a tarantino film, Rodriguez just made it.

I think the one on the set who told the people what to do was Quentin, they basically co-directed it.

you always say you’re a true Tarantino fan, well then love FDTD, because if you dont like it, your like those people in here you always diss because they dont like some of QT’s stuff.

:stuck_out_tongue:

ahh yes i forgot some

actors: John Malkovich, Ed Harris(THAT IS WHO SHOULD BE IN GB for Eastwood’s part He was fantastic in The Rock) Robin Williams(such comic energy) Pierce Brosnan, Christopher Lee, Benicio Del Toro

Directors: Coen Brothers, Barry Sonnifield(God can u imagine Get Shorty 2 and Martin Scorsese

A Scorsese / Tarantino film would work and damm well might surpass Citizen Kane

Go Raiders

[quote]ahh yes i forgot some

actors: John Malkovich, Ed Harris(THAT IS WHO SHOULD BE IN GB for Eastwood’s part He was fantastic in The Rock) Robin Williams(such comic energy) Pierce Brosnan, Christopher Lee, Benicio Del Toro

Directors: Coen Brothers, Barry Sonnifield(God can u imagine Get Shorty 2 ÊÊand Martin Scorsese

A Scorsese / Tarantino film would work and damm well might surpass Citizen Kane

Go Raiders[/quote]

Sebber: I dont hate FDTD, but I dont think its as good as True Romance, Dogs, Pulp, Jackie, and its NOT!! You must realize that! ÊWhy didnt QT direct it? BECAUSE HE KNEW IT WASNT AS GOOD AS HIS OTHER FILMS!!! I dont love any film thats directed by Robert “Mexican Michael Bay” Rodriguez, but I do love all of QTs films. Theres a difference. Wake up sonny. :slight_smile:

Pulpmeister: I can understand QT working with different actors, but why would you wanna see him make a film with another director? I never want to see a joint film by QT and someone else (yeah yeah I know From Dusk Till Dawn was a collaboration, big fuckin deal). QT is a director, when he works on a film by himself, he works with all kinds of great people anyway. By saying that, your saying QT isnt good enough on his own. Thats no good. ÃÅ

The Citizen Kane comment: Scorsese won the Palm D’Or for Taxi Driver in 1976. Tarantino won the Palm D’or (Best Film at Cannes) in 1994 for Pulp Fiction. It was his SECOND FILM!!! For godssake Pulp Fiction IS the Citizen Kane of its time!!! It had an effect on popular culture all over the world. Not many movies can do that.

ToothPicVega you talk about joint directorial films. The Coen Brothers made such great movies as Raising Arizona, Miller’s Crossing and Fargo. I am just saying there are a lot of great directors who grew up in the moviegeek generation. I would just like to see if 2 styles can blend seamlessly.

Okay and as far as the Citizen Kane comment the Palm D Or is a FRENCH SNOB award. Lets see what the 2 great filmmakers can accomplish when they combine their styles

[quote]ToothPicVega you talk about joint directorial films. The Coen Brothers made such great movies as Raising Arizona, Miller’s Crossing and Fargo. I am just saying there are a lot of great directors who grew up in the moviegeek generation. I would just like to see if 2 styles can blend seamlessly.

Okay and as far as the Citizen Kane comment the Palm D Or is a FRENCH SNOB award. Lets see what the 2 great filmmakers can accomplish when they combine their styles
[/quote]

Theres a difference between QT and the Coens. QT is one guy. The Coens are BROTHERS. They work as a team. QT is his own team, he writes and directs, why would he need to work with another great director on a film? Its not necessary. I want to see a 100% QT envisioned film, not a half n halfer: QT/Scorsese film or a QT/Spike Lee film, etc. It makes no sense.

The Palm D’Or IS a French Snob award, but I was just making the point clear that QT is a director who’s been recognized for his work by a prestigious group of judges who know about film. QT doesnt need Scorsese to make a film.

(sigh) ToothpicVega i am fed up with arguing with u…

There is a recent Coen Brothers Project which spiraled out of control called “To The White Sea” It was about a young Pilot behind Japanese Lines during WWII. It was to star Damon and had little dialouge. Maybe Tarantino could tackle it after Glourious Bastards

The Golden Palm is at least a serious award. compared to the fucking oscars its the only true award. the oscars are the most meaningless shit ass-fuck awards ever.

of course we’d all give Halle Berry tons of awards… but lets leave that aside… (damn she’s hot) :stuck_out_tongue:

all ready then

I would love to see Edward Norton and Chow-Yun Fat casted in a QT film.

I feel terrible about John Travolta. QT is the only person to save him.

QT doesnt have to work with any directors anymore. It’s not the 90’s anymore. IT’S 2003!!!

i would like to see Christopher Walken in another QT film,his performance in ‘the gold watch’ was excellent…qt dialogue with walkens voice and the way he speaks,to me it doesnt get much better than that,i would also kinda like to see Val Kilmer in a QT film

yeah, Walken rocks. he should be in Glorious Bastards and get another great line like in:

Last Man Standing:

“I don’t wanna die… in Texas!”

True Romance:

“I haven’t killed a man… since 1984!”

great stuff… Walken rocks

I think QT should as well direct another piece of movie not written by him. eg. “40 lashes less one”.

or direct a movie where the script was written by David Mamet for example.

[quote]

…or direct a movie where the script was written by David Mamet for example.[/quote]

David Mamet? QT is an excellent writer/director, why would he direct a film written by someone else? It wouldnt be a QT film if he did that. That would suck! Where do you come up with this shit? lol.

i agree with ToothPicVega… Tarantino is better doing his own stuff

Actors: edward norton, Al pacino, bob deniro,wood harrelson( he was good in natural born killers)

i always thought james woods woulda been perfect as jimmy in pulp