Should Tarantino Remake SCARFACE

I for one would love to see his version of Scarface. The actors and setting would be very crucial to the success of the movie. He would have to get a real Cuban that seems humble but also has the charisma needed to be a drug lord / kingpin. ( of course we can’t forget to put that scar across his face ) Miami would be an ideal location but it would have to look like the Miami from the 1980’s. I really believe only Tarantino could pull off a better remake of this movie than the one with Al Pacino. The rest of the cast would also have to be a bunch of nobodies and some really sexy ladies. Maybe a few actors from the Tarantino selection. This would be huge if he could pull it off. The Al Pacino version is classic and I too do not like when somebody takes a good thing and turns it into crap. Yes it was a classic but a lot of the movie was boring and dragged on just a bit too long. I have thought about it and I believe Tarantino is the only person capable of remaking this classic. I would love to see it happen. Violence, drugs, and violence. What else am i missing here? Please Mr. Quentin Tarantino, remake this movie. ;D

I think Quentin would do a good job of remaking Scarface but I dont think he would want to.

Should he do a remake of a remake? Answer: No.

Why remake a movie that is already great?

He could do a movie that is kinda like Scarface, but he should not remake it. And he wouldn’t be interested of course.

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]Should he do a remake of a remake? Answer: No.

Why remake a movie that is already great?

He could do a movie that is kinda like Scarface, but he should not remake it. And he wouldn’t be interested of course.[/quote]
First of all, thanks for the responses. This is my first post on here and I wasn’t sure if this has been covered before so I thought I would share my idea and see what the Tarantino fans think about it.

secondly , Do you know him personally? If so then at least mention the idea to him in my description. If not,then how is it that you know what he would and wouldn’t do. At least admit that you know a Tarantino version of Scarface would kick ass. c’mon >:D

[quote=“purplehayes”]
secondly , Do you know him personally? If so then at least mention the idea to him in my description. If not,then how is it that you know what he would and wouldn’t do. At least admit that you know a Tarantino version of Scarface would kick ass. c’mon >:D[/quote]
Yes a few of us on here know him personally. We sometimes meet up with him and he just tells us about his ideas for his upcoming projects.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”][quote=“purplehayes”]
secondly , Do you know him personally? If so then at least mention the idea to him in my description. If not,then how is it that you know what he would and wouldn’t do. At least admit that you know a Tarantino version of Scarface would kick ass. c’mon >:D[/quote]
Yes a few of us on here know him personally. We sometimes meet up with him and he just tells us about his ideas for his upcoming projects.[/quote]I had to ask. Hope your not writing sarcasm and i am just a gullible fool. ;D I would very much like to read what he has to say about the idea :frowning:

Im serial.

Only Seb knows QT. :wink:

Second, CK was saying QT won’t do it because no one should, since it was remade to start with. Second, QT don’t do remakes. He just takes ideas from movies. I think that is what he was getting at.

Off that, why do you think another Scarface remake would be better? Just a question, because I love the Howard Hawks Scarface and the De Palma one, and don’t think it needs another.

Ohhh this guy was dumb enough to believe me and you had to wreck it!!! >:D

I do think QT would do a great job with a remake but I wouldnt want him to.

Imagine if another director decided to do a remake of pulp fiction… Why??? Why??? Why??? Even an amazing director, there is no point. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Quentin does his own thing man.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]Ohhh this guy was dumb enough to believe me and you had to wreck it!!! >:D

I do think QT would do a great job with a remake but I wouldnt want him to.[/quote]
LMFAO you guys are great! (sarcasm) no seriously though. Thanks for agreeing with the idea. I think the remake of scarface from the mind of Tarantino would be a great movie to watch. Unfortunately, if similarities or ideas from scarface were taken to be used in a different movie, that movie would then be labeled as a rip off of scarface. I would not want to see that. I know it’s not all about what the critics say. I am sure, if Tarantino used ideas from scarface and made his own out of it, fans like us would still appreciate the movie. I guess whenever i watch the 1980’s version of Scarface I see the improvements that could be used in the movie and the image I have is just much more darker and complicated than what we see. What really disappoints me are the points in the movie that are very boring and drawn out. I think the movie is highly overrated to a certain point. But as a whole it is a real classic and Masterpiece. Funny how the remake turned out to be the better version. Anyway,the whole build up towards the end is painfully boring and then to have it end so abruptly leaves you really wanting more. I see the idea of building the plot and showing how the life of Tony Montana ended as quickly as his rise to the top. I just think a lot of that build up of the plot could be much more entertaining. Nothing over the top. Just some good old Tarantino fun.

[quote=“kiddos_baby”]Imagine if another director decided to do a remake of pulp fiction… Why??? Why??? Why??? Even an amazing director, there is no point. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Quentin does his own thing man.[/quote]
i think pulp fiction is on another level and is not overrated like the 1980’s remake of Scarface which by the way is the better version. IMO Pulp fiction is flawless and couldn’t be made any better. Scarface? Has room for much improvement. Someone else already made the movie better once. Doing it again would only continue in the tradition of film. Remakes are great and sometimes even better than the originals if it’s done by the right person.

Really… scarface has flaws? I think the film is perfect. Remakes are great when they work but I know I would rather see a Quentin Tarantino original than a remake of someone else’s film. ;D

[quote=“kiddos_baby”]Really… scarface has flaws? I think the film is perfect. Remakes are great when they work but I know I would rather see a Quentin Tarantino original than a remake of someone else’s film. ;D[/quote]
not a fact just my opinion. the words I think are used to say my opinion. Sorry. of course the subject is debatable which is one reason i asked the question to begin with. Thanks for the input. peace :-*

I hate Scarface and I’ll never like it. Howard Hawks did a great job and De Palma ruined it by setting it in the eighties, I hate the eighties and any remake of the movie still in the eighties will be boring.

But Oliver Stone wrote it, so it can’t be blamed on De Palma.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]But Oliver Stone wrote it, so it can’t be blamed on De Palma.[/quote]

Yes blame the Stone. He fucked up the Doors movie. BLAME STONE! ;D

[quote=“cyber-lili”]I hate Scarface and I’ll never like it. Howard Hawks did a great job and De Palma ruined it by setting it in the eighties, I hate the eighties and any remake of the movie still in the eighties will be boring.[/quote]
No I think you just dont like it cause its a guy flick.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]
No I think you just dont like it cause its a guy flick.[/quote]

Maybe. Though I love other guy flicks. And though I have prcise reasons NOT to like Scarface like the over-exageration of everything that turns into a stereotype of the eighties.

I think one of the reasons I like Scarface so much is because I’m so nostalgic about the 80’s.

So, lili, maybe you would like it better if you were older, and lived through the 80’s.