Rate QT!

In todays’ movie making, where is QT ranked in your opinion as the best directors today? I am confused where to place him. This is the only movie forum I am on, but year after year I slowly decline my “love” for his work, as I come to see more and more films that are better and better.

So by not being a “Tarantino Whore” I would like to see (also this will have us something to do) where you all rank him as your favs today and discuss.

Well, Quentin is my favourite. He’s head and shoulders above the rest. He’s the only writer/director that continuously makes movies I love. All his films are favourites of mine. Sure, I have other favourites that aren’t his, but he’s the only one who’s never let me down.

Yes, I’m a Tarantino whore, but how can you blame me? The dude rocks it everytime!

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Well, Quentin is my favourite. He’s head and shoulders above the rest. He’s the only writer/director that continuously makes movies I love. All his films are favourites of mine. Sure, I have other favourites that aren’t his, but he’s the only one who’s never let me down.

Yes, I’m a Tarantino whore, but how can you blame me? The dude rocks it everytime![/quote]

I agree that everything he does I like (though I have my favs of his that is above others). It’s just, I want another Paul Thomas Anderson movie damn it. ;D

We need one bad. The coolest thing would be if the Coens did True Grit, and QT and PTA did there westerns all in the same year. What an orgy of cinema it would be!

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]We need one bad. The coolest thing would be if the Coens did True Grit, and QT and PTA did there westerns all in the same year. What an orgy of cinema it would be![/quote]

I would love the Coens doing True Grit only if the Dude is back like rumored.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a PTA western, though the one rumored, he is just producer right?

I hope we see a PTA film as early as 2011. 2010 is pretty much a no (Unless a late DEC 2010 release, like TWBB was), since nothing, no news, rumors, anything is going on. Sucks we have to wait this long, but hey, it was like 4-5 years between PDL and TWBB, so I can wait. No I can’t. ;D

Well, being an Tarantino Whore. I’d say he rates as my favorite. I’m constantly entertained by his work. Something that’s hard for any director to pull off.

I’d love something from the Coen’s also. I’m interested in Scorsese’s “Shutter Island”.

QT and Scorsese are my favourites but theyre in danger of being overtaken by PTA. Im also loving Park chan wook these days.

tarantino is in no danger of being thrown from the throne in my world. his work stands above all the rest. the only two working directors that i would even mention in the same breath are wes anderson and takeshi kitano. other people have good movies too, like coen brothers or wong kar wai, but they cant compare to quentin.

I cant believe you people are even comparing PTA to Tarantino.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]I cant believe you people are even comparing PTA to Tarantino.[/quote]

I don’t understand? Which one do you like, dislike?

[quote=“G”][quote=“Mr.Pink”]I cant believe you people are even comparing PTA to Tarantino.[/quote]

I don’t understand? Which one do you like, dislike?[/quote]
I dislike PTA.