Your favorite Kill Bill tune (vol 1 & 2)

Everything about Kill Bill Volume 1 and 2 music/soundtrack
Man_from_Okinawa

Re: Your favorite Kill Bill tune (vol 1 & 2)

Post by Man_from_Okinawa » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:15 pm

My favorite music pieces:
- Bill shooting in the Bride's head and "Bang Bang" starting to play, after that, the credits
- "Battle Without Honor or Humanity" in the long-shot scene with Lucy Liu and her gang
- "Crane/White Lightning" playing before the big Crazy 88 massacre starts
- "Il Tramonto" playing in the wedding chapel, the Bride walking to the door and finally, when the theme enters its climax, we see Bill's face for the first time in the movie
- Elle in the car driving to Budd's trailer with "The Chase" playing
- the music piece playing while Elle collects the money after Budd's death and of course the "Budd Twang"
- "A Silhouette of Doom" playing before Beatrix and Elle have their final sword clash and the eye rip-out scene
- Bill's death in the chair when he stands up and makes his five steps with "Navajo Joe" theme

Mr_Blonde_is_cool

Post by Mr_Blonde_is_cool » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:27 pm

My favorite music piece from Kill Bill is From Man to Man.
I love that one.

tab665

Post by tab665 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:28 pm

i like any song NOT by the 5678's

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:32 pm

Whatever original piece of music played when B kisses Bill and we pan out from the church and see the DiVAS march in and shoot up the place. (vol.2) . I think it's a Rodriguez piece and goddamn it's so fuckn crazy kick ass. That and THE CHASE are my favs for sure.
Yeh the tune playing during that pan out from the Church is fucking awesome. It gives me goosebumps that music, it sounds all sad-like and its really dramatic the way Bill is just standing their watching and then suddenly the deadly vipers get presented, its so cool!!

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:15 am

Whatever original piece of music played when B kisses Bill and we pan out from the church and see the DiVAS march in and shoot up the place. (vol.2) .
Does anybody know the name of that music/tune by the way? I really want to listen to it again.

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Matsunaga_Hisahide

Post by Matsunaga_Hisahide » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:19 am

All the music is brilliant, I listen to it all the time when I'm on the internet.

My favorite part from Volume 1 is "Battle Without Honor Or Humanity" The visuals combined with the sound is simply perfect. So fucking cool

My favorite musical piece from Volume 2 has to be "The Chase", that part is fucking brilliant I gotta tell you.

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:20 am

All the music is brilliant, I listen to it all the time when I'm on the internet.  

My favorite part from Volume 1 is "Battle Without Honor Or Humanity" The visuals combined with the sound is simply perfect. So fucking cool

My favorite musical piece from Volume 2 has to be "The Chase", that part is fucking brilliant I gotta tell you.
Ditto. BWHOH is one of the coolest, if not the coolest song of all time. That song pumps me up everytime I hear it and makes me wanna live life to the fullest. The other one I really love, and maybe more than Battle at times, is "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood." That song always reminds me of the beautiful last fight between the Bride and O-Ren and makes me feel somewhat emotional for some reason.

The Chase is Volume 2's answer to Battle Without Honor or Humanity, and I just wish that it was more than 55 seconds long.

KarunaDreamer

Post by KarunaDreamer » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:22 am

I agree.  BWHOH really pumps me up, too!  Remember the first time you saw the Vol. 1 trailer, hearing that music at the beginning, and by the end of the trailer, you KNEW this was going to be the coolest movie in the whole world!

But my favourite, most loved, most listened to piece of music from either has GOT to be L'Arena by Ennio Morricone (track 9 from vol. 2)!  It inspires me when I remember the scene that was happening while it was playing (my fave scene)!  From the moment she finally manages to put that piece of sticky rice in her mouth to the moment her hand bursts out from the dirt!  I can see it all in my mind (listening to it right now)!

Ok, sorry, I'm just really... passionate about it!  Great idea to have a thread about this, btw.

Katana

Post by Katana » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:50 pm

VOL.1: Death Rides a Horse/Battle Without Honour or Humanity
VOL.2: Sunny Road To Salina/L' Arena/The Chase

fox_force_five

Post by fox_force_five » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:53 am

in volume 1:

the track that plays when we see boss matsumoto's sword in the anime sequence

in volume 2:

silouhette of doom

Sushi

Post by Sushi » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:52 am

"Bang, Bang" by Nancy Sinatra is probably my favorite piece. IT sets the tone for the whole movie and goes so well with the beggining. Though, every piece in the movie fits well. Which is one of the best thing when it comes to Tarantino movies. He seems to look for songs that are actually relevant to the movie, rather than hiring the Top 15 bands in America to write random songs like in every other movie.

The fact that the Kill Bill Vol. 1 soundtrack is the only soundtrack I've ever bought is really a testament to what I'm saying. :P

MistyDawn

Post by MistyDawn » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:28 am

Battle Without Honor or Humanity....with O-Ren and her crew walking in slow motion. oh man oh man. nothing can beat that!! Its one of those moments. Just like the walking scene in Reservoir Dogs!! Its Classic!!!!!

Ringo

Post by Ringo » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:47 am

Well, there's the stand-off with Bea and El in the trailer with Sillhouette of Doom.

Sunny Road To Salina as Bea walks in the desert.

But in my opinion the best peice of music used in Vol. 2 is The Demise of Barbara and the Return of Joe. While Bill rises and walks his last five steps to the boneyard. It's absolutley awesome.

But then there is Il Tramonto as Bea hears Bill's flute and goes outside.

And Theme from Fistful of Dollars after Bea is shot fulla rock salt.

Tons more to...

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:28 pm

MistyDawn wrote: Battle Without Honor or Humanity....with O-Ren and her crew walking in slow motion. oh man oh man. nothing can beat that!! Its one of those moments. Just like the walking scene in Reservoir Dogs!! Its Classic!!!!!
YES!!!

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:32 pm

Ringo wrote: Well, there's the stand-off with Bea and El in the trailer with Sillhouette of Doom.

Sunny Road To Salina as Bea walks in the desert.

But in my opinion the best peice of music used in Vol. 2 is The Demise of Barbara and the Return of Joe. While Bill rises and walks his last five steps to the boneyard. It's absolutley awesome.

But then there is Il Tramonto as Bea hears Bill's flute and goes outside.

And Theme from Fistful of Dollars after Bea is shot fulla rock salt.

Tons more to...
Pretty much agree with everything you said there..... Morricone is a fuckin' genius motherfuckers!!!
Last edited by Ify on Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlazeAlpha
Hard Drinker

Post by BlazeAlpha » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:56 pm

My favorites would be ....

"The Grand Duel - (Parte Prima)" by Luis Bacalov
"Battle Without Honor or Humanity" by Tomoyasu Hotei
"The Flower of Carnage" by Meiko Kaji
"Il Tramonto" by Ennio Morricone
"L'Arena" by Ennio Morricone 

Bleach
Fucking Professional

Post by Bleach » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:44 pm

It's Green Hornet and Run Fay Run. These are perfect pieces of music. I love the music QT picked.
And I hate Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood. Only the beginning is cool. The rest 10 minutes is a crap. I don't like that there is full version in the soundtrack.
I don't like pop music.

My favourite band is Pink Floyd. I am an absolute fanatic!
[img width=500 height=66]http://i41.tinypic.com/9sqlpu.jpg[/img]

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:14 pm

Bleach wrote: It's Green Hornet and Run Fay Run. These are perfect pieces of music. I love the music QT picked.
And I hate Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood. Only the beginning is cool. The rest 10 minutes is a crap. I don't like that there is full version in the soundtrack.
I don't like pop music.

My dad loves Pink Floyd!

Yasmin

Post by Yasmin » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:22 pm

Zamfir - The Lonely Shepherd

LetsGoToWork

Post by LetsGoToWork » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:45 pm

Ify wrote:
Bleach wrote: It's Green Hornet and Run Fay Run. These are perfect pieces of music. I love the music QT picked.
I don't like pop music.

My dad loves Pink Floyd!
Whow, I love the Umma Gumma album. Suddenly I feel very old...

amanda

Post by amanda » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:49 pm

my favourite piece of music in Kill Bill was the music as the credits were rolling at the end of the movie, also the part were she was about to kill O-ren's clan.

isabella

Post by isabella » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:02 am

the song has to be malaguena salerosa but is the Chingon singer Alex Ruiz the actual favorite... ;) does anyone know anything about him?

monque

Post by monque » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:04 am

Chingon - Malaguena Salerosa

Yasmin

Post by Yasmin » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:39 am

Bit of trivia:

The Sunny Road To Salina and The Chase were suggested by Julie Dreyfus. Both songs come from her father's record company. She showed them to Quentin and he loved them.

Jot

Post by Jot » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:24 am

I thought the music for both volumes was really well chosen, but my fav's have to be:

Vol 1:
Bang Bang- after the opening sequence and with the subdued opening credits- sets the tone brilliantly
Dont let me misunderstood
Battle without honor or humanity

Vol 2:
L'ARENA
About her
Malaguena Salerosa

MiaRose
Basterd

Post by MiaRose » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:59 pm

Vol 1
Bang Bang (my baby shot me down)
Twisted Nerve
The Green Hornet
Don't let me be misunderstood

Vol 2
Il Tramonto
A Silhouette of doom
About Her (totally perfect)
L'Arena (my favourite one out of the lot)
Malaguena Salerosa

I love 'Goodnight Moon' by Shivaree too
"I'm not saying that we haven't, and I'm not saying that we have. We love each other, but we're almost too close now to be a couple. We had out life together on Kill Bill. It was like a marriage in every way." -Quentin

Aurélie
Hard Drinker

Post by Aurélie » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:36 pm

"about her"

MiaRose
Basterd

Post by MiaRose » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:25 pm

Mine are:

Battle without Honour or Humanity, Nobody but me, Woo Hoo, The Green Hornet, The Lonely Shepherd and 7 Notes in Black.
"I'm not saying that we haven't, and I'm not saying that we have. We love each other, but we're almost too close now to be a couple. We had out life together on Kill Bill. It was like a marriage in every way." -Quentin

AdamNR

Post by AdamNR » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:40 pm

I really liked Sunny Road To Salina but cant find it anywhere apart from in the film, anyone know where I can get it?

MiaRose
Basterd

Post by MiaRose » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:43 pm

hmm i got it from cubfiction message board, lemme see if i can find the url!