[vol 1 OST] General Kill Bill volume 1 soundtrack talk

Everything about Kill Bill Volume 1 and 2 music/soundtrack
Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

[vol 1 OST] General Kill Bill volume 1 soundtrack talk

Post by Sebastian » Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:25 pm

so, here we go. we don't know much about the Kill Bill soundtrack yet. What we know is, that theres that cool asian rockband called "the 5,6,7,8s" and know i wanna make "let's gather info" topic here.

anybody who has full-lenth mp3s of them, please send me urls or whatever, i don't have real-player but i wanna listen to mp3s of them.

do you think they are cool?
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toothpick_Vic_Vega

Re: [vol 1 OST] General Kill Bill volume 1 soundtrack talk

Post by Toothpick_Vic_Vega » Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:54 pm

I think they are very cool!

Im hoping Quentin uses more of that 60s surf music in Kill Bill too. That would be so cool. Hes described surf music as "rock n roll spaghetti western music". And he said Pulp Fiction was like a rock n roll spaghetti western. 8)

I also hope he uses some strange country music like he did in Maynards Pawn Shop in PF.

And another kind of music Id like to hear is some rockabilly. Like the song by Charlie Sexton at the beginning of True Romance, its called "Graceland". I love that tune!

Kyle

Post by Kyle » Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:49 am

Strange country music in the PAwn Shop?

That would considered a surf song.....the great thing about surf is that it has different mixes with Rock, Country, and it's own sound.

But using surf in Kill Bill? I don't know...I'd be nice if he used one or two for a battle sequence...but he hit big with it in Pulp, he used great songs...

Toothpick_Vic_Vega

Post by Toothpick_Vic_Vega » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:58 pm

The strange country song I was talkin about is Maria McKees "If Love is a Red Dress". I wasnt talking about "Comanche" by The Revels. Comanche is the ass rape theme music.

Laydback
Fucking Professional

Post by Laydback » Wed Jul 31, 2002 6:08 am

So is there a confirmation that KILL BILL will have a score by a film composer? Or will it carry the tradition song-compilations as in QT films of the past?

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:13 pm

there will definitely be a lot of compilation stuff, there are rock songs, flamenco tunes, spanish stuff and the 5.6.7.8's stuff and a lot more.... i hope i'll hear more soon.

Tony_Rocky_Horror

Post by Tony_Rocky_Horror » Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:07 am

We don't know of any official composer yet, but what I think Quentin will do is get different famous composers for each piece of music...for instance Lalo Schifrin would write the DiVAS-credits, Ennio Morricone would do the Elle and I-spaghetti western theme, a group like Goblin The Vengeance Theme, and so on. Thus creating some sort of best of compilation, like with his previous films, only this time with all music written especially for the movie. What do you guys think ? I think he could pull it off in theory, seeing the Asian dream team of choreographers involved in this film, why could he not do the same with the composers ? And in practice, it really is what I believe he has in mind...I don't think he'd let all these different sorts of music (heavy metal, spaghetti western, rockabilly,...) be written by one composer. Wouldn't it be helluva cool to have Morricone, Schifrin, Goblin,... -music all in one movie ?
Last edited by Sebastian on Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toothpick_Vic_Vega

Post by Toothpick_Vic_Vega » Tue Aug 06, 2002 4:54 pm

I think that would be the bomb!  Lalo Schifrin, Ennio Morricone AND Goblin! That would be unbelievable if it actually happened. Ive never seen 3 composers work on one film before so that would be a first as well. Even if QT just had Shifrin and Morricone, that would be great. I really hope QT gets Morricone to do original spaghetti western music for the film. It would be so awesome.

ORIGINAL SCORE BY ENNIO MORRICONE

"VENEGEANCE THEME" by GOBLIN

"DIVAS THEME" BY LALO SCHIFRIN

Id love to see that 8)

SpongebobDurden

Post by SpongebobDurden » Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:59 pm

I thought I read somewhere that Llao Schifrin was confirmed to write a piece for it.  All I know, is that QT does the most kickass soundtracks for his movies.  I went out and bought the Jackie Brown soundtrack last night.  Very good collection of music.

Toothpick_Vic_Vega

Post by Toothpick_Vic_Vega » Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:42 pm

QT has a little bit of heavy metal in the film too. Im wondering whos gonna be doing that part of the film. The Showdown at House of Blue Leaves soundtrack is heavy metal too.

QTs soundtracks are all great. I have all of them so I listen to them alot. Lately Ive been listening to the From Dusk Till Dawn soundtrack. I love the music on that one.

So far from what Ive read and heard the following types of music will be on the soundtrack:

- An unknown sad female song as the Kill Bill title credits music. Im thinking a R&B Blues song by someone like Janis Joplin, Ricki Lee Jones, Maria McKee, etc. might be used. Hopefully it will be a cool 60s or 70s hit.

- Spanish flamenco guitar music
-Spaghetti western music
- Heavy Metal
- Punk Rock (the 5678s)
- Spanish rock music

Other types I hope to hear:

Rockabilly
Surf music
Funk

PERLsoprock

Post by PERLsoprock » Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:41 am

I think he should try and get Yoko Kanno to do some of the music. Anyone heard the Cowboy Bebop soundtracks?

SpongebobDurden

Post by SpongebobDurden » Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:43 am

Christ that idea is inspired.  Cowboy Bebop, while being just a decent show, has fucking amazing music.  The 5678's are playing at the House of Blue Leaves while the fight is occuring.

insider

Post by insider » Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:57 am

"Across 110Th Street" is one of my favourites songs in tarantino soundtracks. Could be cool this type of music in Kill Bill.

SpongebobDurden

Post by SpongebobDurden » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:10 am

QT does the same thing with songs that he does to actors, he makes the uncool cool as all hell.

PERLsoprock

Post by PERLsoprock » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:10 am

You think Cowboy Bebop is just a decent show? It's like my most favorite show of all time. I think it's kinda like pulp fiction, in the way that it dosn't seem to complex at first, but it has tons of under lying themes running through it.

Plus the music is great.

SpongebobDurden

Post by SpongebobDurden » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:14 am

It has some good episodes, but it can get very boring.

insider

Post by insider » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:19 am

Cowboy Beepop is the best anime in the last years. How many episodes has the serie? I see about 26 episodes. Are there more?

SpongebobDurden

Post by SpongebobDurden » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:23 am

It doesn't touch Akira or Ghost in the Shell.  I know they are movies.

PERLsoprock

Post by PERLsoprock » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:29 am

Ya, it has 26 episodes. plus a movie (which I saw recently) it's amazing. It's like an episode of the show just extended about an hour and 45 minutes longer. The action scenes blew my mind.

Track it down if ya can.

Kyle

Post by Kyle » Wed Aug 21, 2002 4:23 am

Music is just plain fun in movies

Taishakuten

Post by Taishakuten » Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:30 am

There seems to be a lack of good Techno in movies... Some Techno would be good for a battle scene or two, just to make it diverse.

Toothpick_Vic_Vega

Post by Toothpick_Vic_Vega » Sun Aug 25, 2002 9:59 pm

There seems to be a lack of good Techno in movies... Some Techno would be good for a battle scene or two, just to make it diverse.
I like techno alot.  The techno in The Matrix was perfect for that genre, but this film isnt supposed to be like that. Its going to be of an old school Exploitation film. From what Ive read the fight music will be heavy metal and spaghetti western type guitar music. Im sure its gonna be something totally super cool even if it turns out to be retro type music.

Tony_Rockyhorror

Post by Tony_Rockyhorror » Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:41 am

There is a actual song by Ho-hum (a band from Little Rock, Arkansas) that's called Let's Kill Bill.    I think that this song was written about Bill Clinton, but it would work here.  Anyway, ho-hum has been one of my favorite bands for years now and this song would be perfect for the soundtrack.  Here's a link to a clip:

http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SI ... MID=649470

Tony_Rockyhorror

Post by Tony_Rockyhorror » Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:58 am

http://www.htsrecordings.com/hohum2.html

I don't know if this link works but a listen to Let's Kill Bill and see if you think it would fit on the soundtrack,  maybe a closing credit song?

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:35 pm

originally posted by ToothpickVicVega:
-----------------------------------------------------------

What we do know about the song is that its a sad song sung by a woman.  

Knowing this, what woman singer (and song) do you think QT will use for the opening credits?  

You can write out as many names as you want.

ambient_noise

Post by ambient_noise » Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:28 am

QT has a little bit of heavy metal in the film too. Im wondering whos gonna be doing that part of the film. The Showdown at House of Blue Leaves soundtrack is heavy metal too.

My wish is that QT will go for a HEAVY heavy metal type track, perhaps something by TOOL in the vein of Stinkfist, preferably instrumental. Those guys kick so much ass they'd cause a riot in the cinema hall.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sat Aug 31, 2002 2:43 pm

just nothing thats on MTV or on daily mainstream radio

Tony_Rocky_Horror

Post by Tony_Rocky_Horror » Sat Aug 31, 2002 3:31 pm

Yeah, I don't wanna hear any of that Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park-crap in a QT movie. Keep that stuff for Fast and the Furious and other stupid Hollywood popcornflicks.

Toothpick_Vic_Vega

Post by Toothpick_Vic_Vega » Sat Aug 31, 2002 5:04 pm

Come on, you think those bands would actually be used in a QT movie? No fuckin way. QT is all about rediscovering old bands that have been forgotten/overlooked by mainstream pop culture. Just look at his movies. He aint gonna be putting Stinkin Park and Limp Shiznit in his movies, thats for damn sure.

Kill Bill will have : The 5678s, Heavy Metal, Spanish rock, country, blues, spaghetti western music

My guesses for title credits theme singers:

Dusty Springfield
Maria McKee
Janis Joplin
Ricki Lee Jones
Sandy Rogers

Hopefully it will be some cool 70s tune, the kind QT grew up listening to.

ambient_noise

Post by ambient_noise » Sat Aug 31, 2002 5:54 pm

That list of female singers is certainly credible but I wouldn't put it pass QT to come up with something from way out of leftfield.

And though there may very well be Heavy Metal on the soundtrack, I hope to God he wouldn't use 70s or 80s metal bands. Some of those bands may be hugely influential but heavy metal music from those decades do not possess much rhythmic qualities. Certainly not something you can time a fight scene to.

I think BLADE is a very good example of music complementing the onscreen action perfectly.
Last edited by ambient_noise on Sat Aug 31, 2002 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.