5, 6, 7, 8's

Ok i went on google to find something about this Japanese rock girl group as they are featured (as we all should know by now) in Tarantino’s Kill Bill.

Check this out:

5,6,7,8’s: Here’s where the name came from: The fifties

was Elvis, the sixties was surf, the seventies was punk,

and the eighties was the 5,6,7,8’s. Yes, they’ve been

around awhile. The amalgam of punk and surf (I’m not sure where Elvis comes in, perhaps a spiritual influence) is unique. Live, they put on a terrific show. Singer/guitar-

ist Ronnie “Yoshiko” Fujiyama is the main attraction, as

she runs all over the stage mugging like a demon-possessed pixie. I must say I miss the original bassist (what is it with all these bands not hanging onto their bassists?) who had a cool way of swiveling her hips as she played. The drummer has the nickname “Salad.” How could you not like someone with the nickname “Salad”? The CDs are fabulous, and live, well, let’s say that no matter how good the other bands are that night,the 5,6,7,8’s will be the highlight. Guaranteed. My favorite songs are “I Walk Like Jayne Mansfield” and “Ah-So!” The crowd favorite seems to be “Bomb the Twist”.

The link to their own website is:

www.fujiiya.com/the5678s

(if that doesnt work then just go to http://home.earthlink.net/~banananohana/japbands3.html and scroll down until you see their name)

Do you guys know anything??

J.W.

Ive never heard of the 5678s before this week. Im not from Asia so… But Im glad that QT is using stuff most of us in the USA never heard. Like he said, hes making this film for a worldwide audience, not just for us. So the Chinese people will have something for them in it, and the Japanese and so on. Meanwhile us westerners will get a look at what popular culture is like in China and Japan. Nice. Im very happy with everything Ive heard about the filming. I know its gonna be great. 8)

Cool pictures of the 5.6.7.8.s, Seb!

How did you find out about them?

The Crazy 88s definitely have 60s spy caper look to them!

hehe. i got an email from a japanese friend BEFORE those pics where at AICN. I even think harry found those pictures because i sent him an email (anonymously) that he could find them at tarantino.info

then what i did i pressed that japanese forum into a web-based translator website and checked it out, but it doesn’t reveal much more info.

the pics are cool, i think. i hope i’ll get more. i guess i need even more asian contacts

I was just over at AICN, I laugh my ass off at some of the stuff those talkbackers say. They really are hilarious.

QT looks like hes havin a helluva time in that pic. Hes looks like Charlie Bucket after he just inherited Willy Wonkas chocolate factory. LOL.

Well im back from my 2 1/2 day trip and ready to post some stuff about the news i missed.

Very cool pic and i love the fact that we see a bit of how the House Of Blue Leaves looks like. It looks excellent and QT does really look like he’s having fun which is very good.

I downloaded a 5.6.7.8’s song from kazaa. I dont know the title it just says Audio Track 03 but it sounds cool. It reminded me of the surf stuff we head in Pulp Fiction very much. Cool song without too many lyrics but one chick keeps screaming something which might get annoying. But the music itself will make you realise why QT chose them. It sounds so much like QT stuff.

J.W.

I just listened to Bomb The Twist. Damn that chick has some lungs on her! Nothin sounds cooler than Japanese girls yelling :slight_smile: I can see why QT picked them to be in Kill Bill, perfect intense music for The Bride to go Krakatoa to. 8)

CMON BOMMMMMMMMB THE TWISSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTT!!! Bomb Bomb Bomb The Twist…

nimereht wrote:

the 5.6.7.8’s will be at the premiere of kill bill in LA on sept 29th, then they play a show at spaceland the next night…

if you’re in LA, go!

The band will play in some countries…

On this link you can find some informtions about Germany, UK, Netherland, USA and…

http://www.fujiiya.com/the5678s/

There is also a concert (this information is not given on the link) in Germany:

Fr, 06.08.22.00 Uhr

HIRSCH

Vogelweiherstraße 66

90441 Nürnberg

E-Mail: mail@der-hirsch.de

Just been listening to a bunch of 5,6,7,8’s. They truly kick all your asses. Click here and hit “save target” on each link-

Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos

I agree 5,6,7,8’s are amazing and really catchy, I’ve managed to download a few songs from that site but it appears to be down at the moment. :frowning:

The 5,6,7,8’s are great no argument. However if your looking for a good Japanese rock group buy Shonen Knife’s Let’s Knife. It’s the greatest album by Japan’s all time greatest band. It’s also arguably the most infectious album ever made.

If your not in the 5.6.7.8 Playgirl’s Club your a s-q-u-a-r-e square.

Thier Tallahasee Lassie remake is a listening MUST.

Snap, I wanna be in the Playgirl’s club! HOw do you join?

The 5678s kick some serious ass! I love those girls! :smiley:

I think if you really enjoy their music, you should look into J-Rock music in general. There are some really stellar bands out there. Very unique and jam-worthy. Nothing like it can be found here in America.

i have to say i think my favourite song has to be Woo Hoo… its so catchy you cant help singing along in your out of tune tone lol (laugh out loud)

My favourite songs would have to be all the ones they performed on the R2 DVD; Woo-hoo, Bomb the twist, Walk like Jane Mansfield. The others I’ve heard are alright but not great.

Fuck! They played last thursday in Holland, and the other 3 times I missed to. Damn, it would be fun to see them.

I don’t know if anyone plays guitar here, but can someone help me to find a guitar tab from the 5, 6, 7, 8’s of the song ‘I’m blue’

The 5678s are releasing WooHoo in th UK at the end of this month!!! Search in Amazon Music to see