Malcolm McLaren Accused Of Plagarism

Everything about Kill Bill Volume 1 and 2 music/soundtrack
Ify
Fucking Professional

Malcolm McLaren Accused Of Plagarism

Post by Ify » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:39 am

Crazy haired Malcolm McLaren has been accused of plagiarism for allegedly copying the work of a French musician.

The musician known as Lancelot claims that he sent McLaren a tape of his song ‘Smith Ballade’ in 2002; the track was part of an album that Lancelot failed to get off the ground.

Lancelot believes that after sending McLaren his work his song was subsequently used on the soundtrack for Quentin Tarantino’s film ‘Kill Bill 2’ under the title ‘About Her’.

He said to the court in Angers, France: "A friend told me that the (Kill Bill 2) soundtrack was really like one of my songs. So I bought the CD and what I heard was exactly my song."

According to Music-News.com the song ‘About Her’ is am electro mix featuring samples from 1960’s group The Zombies.

McLaren was not represented in court…obviously doesn't give a shit.

by Lowri Williams on 12/09/2005
http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=8479

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Re: Malcolm McLaren Accused Of Plagarism

Post by cyber-lili » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:07 pm

Sorry for MiaRose who love this song, but :o

I hope he didn't steal the sing because... arrghh I love this song !

Johny_Exhale

Re: Malcolm McLaren Accused Of Plagarism

Post by Johny_Exhale » Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:50 pm

agreed, great great song at a great great moment in the film, its a perfect match