RZA doin' da score for KILL BILL

Everything about Kill Bill Volume 1 and 2 music/soundtrack
dave

Re: RZA doin' da score for KILL BILL

Post by dave » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:22 pm

My take on the hip hop scene is that yes most it sucks, right now
then you're looking at the wrong scene.
BTW I havent seen Ghost Dog, and I hate MTV so I havent really seen any of RZA's work. I may have seen him in a Wu-Tang video or two but thats it.
toothpick, if you havent seen/heard any of rza's work then why are you commenting on his ability to do the score? and i doubt you'll see any of rza's/wutangs work on mtv these days.
just because RZA's part of hip hop
>:( you make it sound like hiphop is 'thing' totally removed from music.

like the people have said.. what makes you think the score is going to be hiphop? rza is a muscian and is more than capable of producing a decent score. youre NOT going to hear ja rule or nelly screamin in the background throughout the movie.
Last edited by dave on Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toothpick_Vic_Vega

Post by Toothpick_Vic_Vega » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:19 pm

then you're looking at the wrong scene.

toothpick, if you havent seen/heard any of rza's work then why are you commenting on his ability to do the score? and i doubt you'll see any of rza's/wutangs work on mtv these days.

>:( you make it sound like hiphop is 'thing' totally removed from music.

like the people have said.. what makes you think the score is going to be hiphop? rza is a muscian and is more than capable of producing a decent score. youre NOT going to hear ja rule or nelly screamin in the background throughout the movie.
Dave, whats your point? We are having a discussion on what we think about hip hop and if RZA will be using hip hop in the movie. Personally I hate new hip hop, Im an old school fan myself.

Im sure RZA's gonna do something really cool for Kill Bill, QT wouldnt have picked him otherwise. Believe me, Ill be first in line when Kill Bills soundtrack comes out.

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:11 am

RZA is gonna kill this sountrack and I mean that in a GOOD WAY.

What he did with Ghost Dog was nice (another flick with Swords).  Anyhow - I also heard some rocker is doing half the soundtrack forgot who so for those of you who HATE hip hop beats you can get some rock guitars in there ! heh heh

Really - I always like Quentin's taste in music and hope he does include other artists in there too.

Laydback
Fucking Professional

Post by Laydback » Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:40 am

Lars (Metallica) is the rocker and Ennio Morricone (The Maestro) is incorporating a little bit of music as well.

By the way, RZA recently popped up in Entertainment Weekly's "Cult Movie" countdown and shared his Top 5 Kung Fu Movies:

Shaolin & Wu Tang (Helll yeah, I love this one)

Five Deadly Venoms

The Kid with the Golden Arm

Blade of Fury

Enter The Dragon

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:16 pm