The Music of KILL BILL

Which scene in Kill Bill worked best for you due to the music?

The HOBL scene, because it jumped from one song to another. The single best part was “Nobody But Me” when she did the breakdance and started taking all their legs off.

My favourite would have to be Bill’s coup de grax. The Navajo Joe song just makes you want to cry. I did…lol. That scene is so fucking strong.

Yah i agree with you.

Also, i love the buried alive scene - that music was just so damn perfect. And the Pai Mei sequence.

I enjoyed much of the music in Kill Bill and I think Volume 2 had better music and better use of music than volume 1.

I loved it when Il Tramonto played during the introduction of Bill in Volume 2, mostly because I was so surprised it played but also because it was done beautifully especially how the music changes along with the scene when the camera keeps cutting between The Bride and Bill. I didn’t know Tarantino was going to use so much Morricone music. I loved when Il Tramonto played during the introduction of ‘The Bad’ in The Good The Bad And The Ugly, but I gotta hand it to QT, he out did Leone on that one.

I also loved The Rza’s music during the Pai Mei scene, it was perfect for the scene where The Bride trains.

I thought the music which played while Bill and Budd were talking was fucking brilliant, I can’t get enough of it.

I also thought Robert Rodriguez’s score which played right after Elle gets up after Budd dies was perfect. Some badass music to go with a badass scene.

Sunny Road To Salina was also perfect for when The Bride is on her journey across he desert in her search for Budd.

Haha, I’ve mentioned a lot and I could go on and on because I liked most of the music equally, but I shall stop here.

[quote=“Ify”]
I also thought Robert Rodriguez’s score which played right after Elle gets up after Budd dies was perfect. Some badass music to go with a badass scene.
[/quote]

Rodriguez really surprised me with that piece of music.

I remember listening to his audio commentary on Once/Mexico and noticed how he always talked about “How this sounds like spaghetti western music”. But honestly, I thought he did weak job of making spaghetti western music on that movie. I wasn’t hearing it at all. But here in Vol 2, he really raised his game because I was shocked that the music in that particular sequence wasn’t from a spaghetti western!

He also did a neat little guitar-twang bit that I liked just before Budd calls Elle on the cell phone.

[quote=“Laydback”]
Rodriguez really surprised me with that piece of music.

I remember listening to his audio commentary on Once/Mexico and noticed how he always talked about “How this sounds like spaghetti western music”. But honestly, I thought he did weak job of making spaghetti western music on that movie. I wasn’t hearing it at all. But here in Vol 2, he really raised his game because I was shocked that the music in that particular sequence wasn’t from a spaghetti western!

He also did a neat little guitar-twang bit that I liked just before Budd calls Elle on the cell phone.
[/quote]

Have you heard his ‘Mexican Spaghetti Western’ piece from the extra on the Volume 2 DVD??

I honestly think he can become the next Morricone. I mean I am loving his music so much right now, I don’t think he can go wrong. He and QT should be the new Leone and Morricone!

OMG i completley forgot the scene with B.B. with the song ‘About Her’ playing in the background!!

[quote=“MiaRose”]
OMG i completley forgot the scene with B.B. with the song ‘About Her’ playing in the background!!
[/quote]

One more time, :o I can’t read a music topic of you without reading “About her”… I must make a compil of all the post where you mention it, MiaRose, or I have to create a new sort of avatars with music, and yours will be with this song !

No just kidding, one more (I also say always the same) I love the song ;D

LOL you are probably right cyber-lili ::slight_smile: I can’t help it, i love it so much!

And you’re right to love this song. I almost cried when I heard it for the 1st time in the movie. Not just because of the song, I wanted to cry, because of the situation in the movie too (or you will believe that I cry every time I hear a sad song).

I did cry. I cry everytime i watch it. Hell, i even cry when Bill dies. that’s how pathetic i am lol!

I cry when Bill dies…

YAY! I’m not alone! ;D

HOBL

WHen she’s escaping from the grave

‘About her’, BB scene

’Goodnight moon’/credit car scene

[quote=“MiaRose”]
YAY! I’m not alone! ;D
[/quote]

I cried too...so sad song...

Especially the screaming at the beginning of Navajo Jo. So sad

i fuckin love it, if i ever make a big film that song will most definitly be on it, i dont care if i have to pay ennio 700mil, im using that song, its placement in navaja joe is so great

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJJJJJJJJJJAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHEEEEEEAJJJJJJJWEEEEEEEEEEEEE

tum tum tum dum tum

The screaming part can be heard in the movie Election too. Reethe Witherspoons angered music.

Yes, it’s really cool music. I love Kill Bill largely through music.