Re: Ennio Morricone and Kill Bill!

Its unclear whether QT is usig old music from him or whether original work is being produced… OR THIS COULD BE BULLSHIT

I’ll see what I can confirm, but my suspicion is that if Morricone music is in, it’s probably the theme from Once Upon a Time in The West or something and not an original score.

Well film geeks, I was just at IMDB and noticed that the additional music for Kill Bill will be done by none other than the guy a few of us suggested many months ago, Il Maestro himself: ENNIO MORRICONE!!!

For those who dont know who Morricone is, he is the same composer who created the legendary classsic Spaghetti Western themes to Sergio Leone’s brilliant films like: Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Once Upon a Time in the West, Fistful of Dynamite, and the gangster epic Once Upon a Time in America. Not to mention numerous other great Spaghetti Westerns and tons more excellent movie scores.

AWESOME!!! 8)

YES !!! YESSSS !!! :slight_smile:

I told you guys when RZA and Ulrich were announced: Morricone will probably be on board later for the spaghetti western stuff! And I was right! Muahahaha

Sorry, having some trouble confining my enthusiasm here 8)

I think that’s awesome news…

just 2 things:

1. anyone can send stuff to imdb.com
  2. lots of jerks send lots of shit to imdb.com

→ I believe that once we have another source…

[quote]I’ll see what I can confirm, but my suspicion is that if Morricone music is in, it’s probably the theme from Once Upon a Time in The West or something and not an original score.
[/quote]

I REALLY hope QT has got Morricone to do an 100% original score for the Spaghetti Western themes in Kill Bill, but if Morricone has given him unused outtakes music from older Spaghetti Western films that wouldnt be bad at all. He actually did that with Jackie Brown. He used outtakes from the Coffy soundtrack.

What matters the most is that theres gonna be Morricone music in Kill Bill. It doesnt get much cooler for film geeks that love Spaghetti Westerns.

exactly. Even if its not original, it still kicks ass!!!

I haven’t posted in a long while.  I’ve been trying to put this film out of my mind, because I can’t wait until October to see it.  I came back to the site today and saw the Morricone info.

I guess there is no use trying to put Kill Bill out of my mind now, because the fact that Morricone music will be in the film has forced me to check myself into an mental institution for 24 hour sedation until October.  Morricone music is the crown jewel for this film!!!  Thanks be to God!

I anticipate original music from Morricone.  After all these years of composing for all those films, he must have completetly unused music put away that he never used.  Like any rock band, there’s always stuff that you don’t release because it’s not right for the album.  I’m sure Morricone has produced tons of stuff that just wasn’t right for the film he was scoring at the time.  So, he probably wouldn’t even have to create anything new, but fish out some of the unreleased stuff from his what, 40 years of film scoring.  I have nothing to back this up; just a feeling.

Regardless, I ‘m on my way to the institution, see ya’ in October. :’(

Morricone participating in this film is DEFINETLY icing on the cake!

So what are ppls thoughts? Is he gunna make originals or old themes…? I dont think it really matters… Cuz either way its gunna be awesome ;D ;D

Very very funny… This movie is going to be ridiculous!

This is going to be a full on film geek film, i can’t wait. I really dont care if there is original music, but he did say that he didn’t agree in taking music from other movies cause it’s just not done (be my baby in Dirty Dancing).

The script for Kill Bill is so good though, me and my friends have already started quoting from it and it’s not even out yet, i think i’ll be joining BILL in the institution!!

The problem is that i live in England, does anyone know when it’s coming out over here??

I live in Belgium and here it’s said to come out in December - so I suppose the U.K. release date won’t be much different.

If you love Spaghetti Westerns and the music of “Il Maestro” Ennio Morricone, I HIGHLY reccomend getting his 2 CD Anthology (Which I’m listening to right now) FISTFUL OF FILM MUSIC from Rhino Records.

I really think people will enjoy this 2 CD set, it will get you more familiar with the music of Spaghetti Westerns and will let you hear the wide range of musical styles Morricone has utilized and created in his career.

“Once Upon a Time in the West is an extension of opera, the Italian theatrical tradition. The Music, the framing, the camera movement, the bigger than myth characters and story are operas. The Italians are not making Westerns, Theyre making opera for today. Thats why the music is so important in all of Leone’s films” - Director Martin Scorsese

Heres the Amazon.com link:

A FISTFUL OF MUSIC 2-CD SET

VIVA MORRICONE!!  :slight_smile:

this thing really kicks ass! I listened to it at a friend’s place, and its really cool.

I think, now that Pete mentions it, I will buy that one. I wanted to buy a similar one, but this one is definitely the one to go, especially if it includes songs that might appear in Kill Bill

If you love Spaghetti Westerns and the music of “Il Maestro” Ennio Morricone, I HIGHLY reccomend getting his 2 CD Anthology (Which I’m listening to right now) FISTFUL OF FILM MUSIC from Rhino Records. ÂÂ

ÂÂ

I really think people will enjoy this 2 CD set, it will get you more familiar with the music of Spaghetti Westerns and will let you hear the wide range of musical styles Morricone has utilized and created in his career. ÂÂ

ÂÂ

“Once Upon a Time in the West is an extension of opera, the Italian theatrical tradition. The Music, the framing, the camera movement, the bigger than myth characters and story are operas. The Italians are not making Westerns, Theyre making opera for today. Thats why the music is so important in all of Leone’s films” - Director Martin Scorsese

ÂÂ

Heres the Amazon.com link: A FISTFUL OF MUSIC 2-CD SET

VIVA MORRICONE!!  :slight_smile:

I agree… It’s a little late in the game for a new score to just pop up… plus, so much hoopla was made earlier (long time ago) about who the scorers were

[quote]I agree… It’s a little late in the game for a new score to just pop up… plus, so much hoopla was made earlier (long time ago) about who the scorers were[/quote]It’s not that late in the game if he’s only going to contribute a few songs. Watch the dollars trilogy. morricones music often would imply that something was moving and other little things here and there. They were that way because he made those songs by watching the film, he wasn’t just making music and giving it to leone. There are still months left.

[quote]
It’s not that late in the game if he’s only going to contribute a few songs. Watch the dollars trilogy. morricones music often would imply that something was moving and other little things here and there. They were that way because he made those songs by watching the film, he wasn’t just making music and giving it to leone. There are still months left.
[/quote]

Morricone’s music is only being used for a few key sequences. RZA and Lars are doing the majority of the score.

[quote]

Morricone’s music is only being used for a few key sequences. RZA and Lars are doing the majority of the score. [/quote]Yeah, I know. That’s why I said he’d only be doing a few songs and would have time to create new ones.