Plagiarism!

Alan Reeves, Phil Steele, Philip Brigham - The Chase.

I really loved this song. Really. It fit so perfectly when Elle was driving with a sinister smile and a Black Mamba in the money bag. But I didn’t buy the soundtrack. I don’t know why, I just didn’t. But I will.

Well, yesterday, it was just yesterday when I bought Pink Floyd album Saucerful of Secrets. I am a fanatic, I love Pink Floyd, I’ve got 2Gbs of their live music. And I just put the headphones on and begun listening. Oh god! The first track “Let There Be More Light” started just like The Chase. I had no idea of the song Tarantino used. I played it again and again and I WAS SURE - that’s the song. Just not so developed. So I looked this morning and found out that the song is The Chase. In Amazon.com you can listen to music samples. I listened to The Chase. And to Pink Floyd. JUST LISTEN. IT’S ALMOST THE SAME GODDAMN SONG!

I really hoped it would be Pink Floyd. They’re just so cool. And I am sure it’s Reeves, Steele and Brigham who copied the idea and music, because “Let There Be More Light” has been made in 1968. Pretty old. I have no time, I’ll check to make sure. But PLEASE listen and say what you think about it!!!

By the way Andrew Lloyd Webber made Phantom of the Opera with a great influence of Pink Floyd “Echoes”. That’s a fact.

1 Like

Ermmm… It doesn’t sound anything like The Chase!

[quote=“Bleach”]
Alan Reeves, Phil Steele, Philip Brigham - The Chase.

I really loved this song. Really. It fit so perfectly when Elle was driving with a sinister smile and a Black Mamba in the money bag. [/quote]

You know where I can get the full version of that (without having to buy the soundtrack)?

I just listened to the Let There Be More Light sample in Amazon. It’s not the best example at all. You have to listen that song from the BEGINNING. There you can hear the similarities. Really. And I already said that The Chase is more developed and so on! What, if you steal music you’ll leave it just like the original? Rubbish.

They are alike. Why did I remember the Elle’s scene when listening to LTBML?

Hmmm, maybe you have to be a Pink Floyd fan to notice that? Anyway, noone’s gonna change my thoughts.

It’s not a copy of Pink Floyd. The trio of artists mentioned above used to cut film scores for Universal and 20th Century Fox from 1965-1970.

It’s from a flick called “The Chase”. Released in 1966, I think.

It’s not a copy. Pink Floyd may have found a few similar chords, but it’s not a copy.

i did listen to it from the start, and not from Amazon!! But if you still think they sound similar, then so be it.

It’s totally different, they maybe used a few of the same notes, but if that songs are the same, than Iron Maiden - Children of the Grave and Metallica - Fade to Black (classical part after intro) are exact the same.

Sounds exactly the same as Floyd’s “Saucer full of secrets” to me. Listen to it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmmuHnXLJiw

I totally agree with you.

Sounds exactly like it.