My fellow latino Tarantino fans

Im half Mexican so Im a big fan of Latin American cinema… However when I post topics about latino movies in other forum sections no one ever replies to them… Its because most people in this forum are interested in European and Asian cinema when it comes to foreign cinema… Im half arab half Mexican, grew up in the middle east and currently livin in Canada… So only I speak a little Spanish… My favorite latino directors are Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, Alfonso Cuaron, Guillermo del Toro, Fernando Meirelles, Walter Salles and to some extent Carlos Reygadas… The best movies of 2006 where all by Mexican directors, Babel, Children of Men and Pan’s Labyrinth… Classics like Amores Perros, City of God, Y Tu Mama Tambien and Motorcycle Diaries prove that the latinos are taking over the cinema world right now… Gael Garcia Bernal is the most talented actor out there… He never starred in a bad movie and all his movies have something unique or controversial about them… He worked with some of the best directors out there, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, Alfonso Cuaron, Walter Salles, Michael Gondry (France) and the great Pedro Almodovar (Spain)… Feel free to discuss any latino movie in this post…

Latino movies by my favourite directors:

Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu (Mexico): Amores Perros

Alfonso Cuaron (Mexico): Solo Con Tu Pareja, Y Tu Mama Tambien

Guillermo Del Toro (Mexico): Cronos, The Devil’s Backbone, Pan’s Labyrinth

Carlos Reygadas (Mexico): Japon, Battle in Heaven

Fernando Meirelles (Brazil): City of God, City of Men

Walter Salles (Brazil): Behind the Sun, Central Station, Motorcycle Diaries

Latino movies starring Gael Garcia Bernal:

Amores Perros

Y Tu Mama Tambien

The Motorcycle Diaries

The Crime of Padre Amaro (Mexico)

Private Lives (Argentina)

Various other successful Latino movies:

Like Water For Chocolate (Mexico)

Sex, Shame and Tears (Mexico)

Duck Season (Mexico)

Lower City (Brazil) "Y’all have to watch this"

Nine Queens (Argentina)

Cronicas (Equador)

Maria Full of Grace (Colombia)

What other Latino movies are worth watchin? If you liked the idea of this forum I could start a similar Spanish cinema thread which Im also a big fan of… Btw sorry I don’t speak Spanish :wink:

i’m mexican, and i gonna tell you somethig… that movies aint mexicans, it’s movies made by mexicans ¿the diference? Its big.

Greetings!

No they are Mexican!!! Babel is an American movie by a Mexican Director! So is Children of Men! However all the movies I listed are MEXICAN!!! Obviously you haven’t watched them! Amores Perros is Mexican. Y Tu Mama Tambien is Mexican. The Crime of Padre Amaro is Mexican! etc Whats wrong with you?

Alfonso Cuaron American movies: A Little Princess, The Great Expectations, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Children of Men

Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu American movies: 21 Grams, Babel

Guillermo Del Toro American Movies: Mimic, Blade 2, Hell Boy

Walter Salles American movies: Dark Water

Fernando Meirelles American movies: Constant Gardener

So I knw what Im talking about… Its you bro who’s lost!!! No offense :wink:

When a movie is filmed in Mexico, by a Mexican director, with Mexican actors, speaking Spanish THEN ITS MEXICAN!!!

[quote=“Navajas”]
When a movie is filmed in Mexico, by a Mexican director, with Mexican actors, speaking Spanish THEN ITS MEXICAN!!!
[/quote]
Yes, even if its payed with US money. That shouldn’t matter…

The movies I listed arent payed with US money!!!

That makes it even more clear :wink:

Its a reason to be angry? be cool men! shot! Mexico, doesnt pay or give money to those directors, maybe with Amores Perros, or Y tu Mama Tambien, but Bbel was filmed In Japan, US, Marruecos ( i dont know the english name, sorry my bad) and Mexico, BUT the money comes from US.

Do you tough, the president call someone of the directors like, Alfonso Cuaron or, “El negro” Iñarritu and he told them: " Hey buddys, congratulations for ya movies, you must be felt prouds by your jobs, yeah, one point more for Mexico!!" Hell no!! The gobernent doesnt care shoot that, they trimmed the budget in culture and but in cinema, so these directors got that to go or to US or Europe. its sad, really sad.

Now, i must to recognize the Mexicans job, yes, i dont doub that, really, i felt proud whe i saw that, but, that’s the reality.

Greetings

I never said Babel is Mexican!!!

Actually the 3 Amigos (Del Toro, Inarritu, Cuaron) have formed a company called Tequila Gang to help Mexican film makers and finance them… Walter Salles is doing the same thing in Brazil…