Im Writting a Script For Tarantino To Direct - "Bad People Hurting Eachother"

its going to be massive. an insane crime movie with very interesting and strong dialogs/situations. its got an emotional side too :slight_smile: is there any chance I can send it to him?

its called “Bad People Hurting Each Other”

how can I get it licensed (I dont know if thats the word for it - making it legally mine) so it cant be “borrowed”?

You don’t even know how to sell an idea, let alone write a script.

I’m bored already.

Sorry buddy, but I don’t think Tarantino would direct a script written by a pro let alone some kid on the internet. But if you do write it you can get it registered with the WGAw here: http://www.wgawregistry.org/webrss/ or just go through the copyright office.

The title kinda sucks.

[quote=“Scarface”]
The title kinda sucks.
[/quote]

" The Title Kinda Sucks" would even be a better title than “Bad People Hurting Eachother” :wink:

Could you post some stuff you wrote though?

QT worked his ass off to get to where he is, why should he read a script some fanboy wrote. Get real dude, and work your ass off just like every other director out there - except for Michael Bay, that fucking rich boy thinks he’s hot shit.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
QT worked his ass off to get to where he is, why should he read a script some fanboy wrote. Get real dude, and work your ass off just like every other director out there - except for Michael Bay, that fucking rich boy thinks he’s hot shit.
[/quote][quote=“Cyd”]
You don’t even know how to sell an idea, let alone write a script.

I’m bored already.
[/quote]

Why are all you people so negative?

Not negative. Realistic. Sergio Leone started from the lowest position in cinema and he moved up the ranks in years until he co-directed a movie. How can anyone possibly expect to have their unsolicited material read and directed by one of the world’s finest directors - by posting on a message board - no less.

Just sayin’.

[quote=“VikingWithNoName”]
Why are all you people so negative?

[/quote]

;D Funny.

Can we, in good conscience, allow people to go through life being thick and irritating? We must stop this sort of delusional behaviour, if only for their own good. Damnit. lol. sarcasm

I’m with Viking on this one. Sure the idea that Tarantino would direct this kid’s script is completely ridiculous but that doesn’t mean we have to be rude, insulting, and hurtful about it. If the kid’s got something he wants to write we should be encouraging/helping him to improve. I always thought that’s what this forum was for.

And people wonder why the community never grows.

I don’t think most of the comments were insulting. They were honest more than anything. And I don’t know about you, but I kinda find it hard to tell someone “Good job!” or “Keep up the good work!” when I haven’t even read one word of the script (except for the title, which puts me off instantly).

Honesty can be insulting. It can also be helpful. Most of the comments felt (in my opinion) to be geared more towards running someone down than an “honest” attempt to help them. Saying “the title kinda sucks” is honest but it’s also insulting and therefore completely useless criticism. If you can’t explain why you think it sucks and how to improve it than why say anything at all?

I’m not against criticism when it’s constructive.

[quote=“Dex”]
Honesty can be insulting. It can also be helpful. Most of the comments felt (in my opinion) to be geared more towards running someone down than an “honest” attempt to help them. Saying “the title kinda sucks” is honest but it’s also insulting and therefore completely useless criticism. If you can’t explain why you think it sucks and how to improve it than why say anything at all?

I’m not against criticism when it’s constructive.
[/quote]

I’d back that up.

I thought it was a joke when I saw the topic, but it sounds like your serious mac. I think your intentions are, ambitious(?), if that’s the word for it. To post that on a Tarantino board is either stupid or ballsy, I’ll say ballsy for now.

One thing going for it if nothing else is I’d like to read it, if you can post it I’m sure more people than myself might like to see it. I’ll reserve judgement until then, but I’m not gonna shit on your parade. Keep at it, maybe your a damn good writer. Once again, we’ll see. I’ll post some encouragement until then.

Thought: Maybe you should pick a different reason to write. Maybe?

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
[/quote]

That cocksucker really does think he’s hot shit doesn’t he? Have you tried to listen to one of his commentaries? Thought it’d be funny hear what he had to say on the Transformers DVD, and dear fucking god, you’d think he was a master fucking filmmaker if you didn’t know better. Couldn’t sit through more than a half hour.

Although when it comes to Michael Bay he’s like the flip side of someone like Howard Hawks, an assignment director that blows instead of excels.

Did no one get the sarcasm? Even though I noted it?

First of all, im not a KID.

Second - everyone werefanboys before they became screenwriters or novel writers.

Third - you dont need to go through the yerarchy in movies world to have good ideas in your head. Im surprised tarantino fans, who know the way he got into cinema, reacted this stupidly to my topic.

Of course Im not going to make it to get to him, but it could only be perfect if he directs it.

[quote=“geeteeage”]
First of all, im not a KID.

Second - everyone werefanboys before they became screenwriters or novel writers.

Third - you dont need to go through the yerarchy in movies world to have good ideas in your head. Im surprised tarantino fans, who know the way he got into cinema, reacted this stupidly to my topic.

Of course Im not going to make it to get to him, but it could only be perfect if he directs it.
[/quote]

I’m insulted geeteeage. I didn’t react stupidly, I reacted as nicely as I could considering. And if you are a kid, I’m sorry, you just came off like one. The best way to shut all us up instead of saying we’re stupid? Post some of what you’ve written. The best scene thus far of this massive crime epic.

Its all in my head at this point. Ive written down just the main ideas in a few sentences. I will post something as soon as I bring it all together.

[quote=“geeteeage”]I will post something as soon as I bring it all together.[/quote]

I’m excited. And you are a kid - it’s obvious.