What Program Did Robert Use

Does anyone Know What Program Robert Used To Make Grind House LOOK all Fuckt up

no i dont but alot of editing programs come with that effect.

I think he made the filters sort of frame by frame. He maybe threw an average effect thing in but I doubt he did the entire thing just with that. Especially because he uses the scratches and colour changes as an dramatic effect as well an not just at average places throughout the movie.

Does he really do it all himself? I’m pretty sure he’s got a special effects

house somewhere in Texas that he works with. If that’s the case

they probly made the effect themselves.

many cuts would have been maintained on several editing packages, Hobo with a shotgun used final cut pro, and that got a good effect

Not sure about RR, since he doesn’t like to work with film anymore, but if you ARE working with film prints or negatives, you can always do what Eli Roth and Edgar Wright did with their fake trailers and damage the film. Stamp on it, tear it slightly, throw it around, scratch it- that sort of thing.

Then it really WILL be fucked up! :wink:

But if not lol, just use Final Cut Pro, like mr blonde_22 suggested. Probably better.

final cut might be the safe way haha, knowing my luck if i tried to do the roth technique i would completley ruin my film lol

Yeah…Final Cut is way safer.

That makes me wonder actually (and sorry if this is completely off topic but hey) does QT still use film? I’m woefully ignorant and was curious if RR and his HD fanboy-ness had rubbed off on him.

does ne one know if there are ne websites that post good filters for the effect i have a plugin for it but it isent that good. Nd yess tarantino used film for grindhouse.

im wasn’t sure what quint would do cos after shooting digital for sin city he merley said Mission accomplished. I wouldn’t know of hand where to get that effect, maybe you could ask the guy that did hobo anyway heres is myspace http://www.myspace.com/hobowithashotgun 

Adobe After Effects, most of all

buy the Grind House book (see wiki pages) to read more about the special effects in grindhouse, including interviews with the FX guys

[quote=“The Seb”]
Adobe After Effects, most of all

buy the Grind House book (see wiki pages) to read more about the special effects in grindhouse, including interviews with the FX guys
[/quote]

Im gona have to pick this up.

[quote=“Jjp”]
Im gona have to pick this up.
[/quote]

what editing program do you use? because i have an effect that is almost identical to the Grindhouse effect and its for free. I use Final Cut. i can link you if you use FCP too.

could u render it and send it to my email or sumthin i use sony vegas 7 please respond.

[quote=“Jjp”]
could u render it and send it to my email or sumthin i use sony vegas 6 pleas respond.
[/quote]

ya i might be able to send a lil clip. maybe tomorrow though cuz im kinda busy. trust me though. it looks great

ok thanks alot man cause i wana make this grindhouse trailer.

[quote=“Jjp”]
ok thanks alot man cause i wana make this grindhouse trailer.
[/quote]

im actually making a grindhouse type double feature right now for my economics final with 2 of my best friends. we’re calling it ECONSPLOITATION!

My flick: Greenbacks

fake trailers

My friend’s flick: Sole Propriotor

should be badass

HAHHAH Im Makeing one to it calld GRINDSCHOOL It’s for BCIS LOL but where useing Movie maker :-[

LAters

movie maker ahhh dat sucks.

bluesteel could you upload your footage of the grainy effect on youtube and i will just get it wit media converter?