Official "Post Brief Plot of Your Script" Topic

Post a sentence or two about the plot of your script. I had this idea, which seemed to Clerks-ish, but I still dont know.

Basically 4 14 year olds take over the 3rd main ones cousins video store for a day. Through the whole day they talk to each other and customers about movie trivia and movies to take out. As I already said, it seems a little like Clerks, but I still might try to write it.

Can’t think of a title, anyone got a idea?

yeah it does sound kinda clerk-ish, but it would be fun to write. i say write.

TITLE: strange teenagers from outerspace who decided to take over a video store and became mixed up zombies (it’s from a movie)

Anyway i’m thinking about writing a roughly based don quixote movie about a delusional american pilot ten years after WW2 in america.The thing is he wasn’t even in the war and lives in a deserted army base.

The first scene will be him in a deserted armybase and an alarm goes off (switching from Quixote’s point of view and the real world). Anyway his up in the air and can’t see any nazi planes, some bird are off in the distant and as they come closer they turn into Nazis. he starts shooting them down and in the confusion he whips out his pistol and shoots his engine which sends him plumetting to the ground. then it cuts to a kid in a small desert community walking down the street, the plane crashes the kid takes him to the hospital, he thinks his been caught by the nazi’s and they start there adventure.

i should have just posted the script

hey copperhead do you really think anybody else will post, i mean come on

Yep. I just did

lol…

well I am sorta into “production” of my short movie, which is gonna be an entry exam for a numer of filmschools here in western europe…

if someone can add to the plot or give me some feedback that would be helpfull…

it’s only visual, my bother, who is doing the school in higher muscial arts is doing the OST (HAHA) for it…

uhm anywayz the plot in short is as follows:

we see a young guy, staring with a big smile on his face sitting in a chair…we zoom in and are let into the guys bizar mind…its a dream about a guy dancing in the snow and the guy seems to be able to control his dreams…and the guy starring in his dreams in particular…

then we zoom out again and see the guy in the dreams being controlled standing in front of the guy dreaming yelling very agressively at the guy with the big smile on his face…

uhm this is in VERY short, what it is about…but the meaning behind it is that you see at the end that the guy is controlling the dominant guy in front of him in his dreams…I ll open with a good quote and built up the tention…and try to blow away the onces that are watching it with a descent psychological twist…

the point is that I show that I have the skills to tell a story through images and am able to do something of my own…there is where the psychological stuff enters, because that is kinda what education I am doing now…:stuck_out_tongue:

the style is gonna be a wannabe melville one…plus the dream sequence a fellini wannabe one…hope I’ll get into filmschool with it :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“tarantino_is_god”]

we see a young guy, staring with a big smile on his face sitting in a chair…we zoom in and are let into the guys bizar mind…its a dream about a guy dancing in the snow and the guy seems to be able to control his dreams…and the guy starring in his dreams in particular…

then we zoom out again and see the guy in the dreams being controlled standing in front of the guy dreaming yelling very agressively at the guy with the big smile on his face…
[/quote]

So then that guy said to the other guys brother that that guy is not a guy, but a guy-det. So then the guy in the corner said to the guy controlling the guys mind that this guy in the opposite corner, was gay. So that guy controlled his dreams so that that guy was dreaming about the other guy who said he was gay, so then that gay said to the guys brother that he was the other guys brother also. So that guy said the gay one? And the other guy who controlled the dream said ya that guy.

yeah its exactly like that dude!

or guy…

fuck it, I cant make it clear, because my english sucks too much, plus I had to much to drink…:stuck_out_tongue:

I would psot my idea, but im sensitive :stuck_out_tongue: and its something you have to sit around and talk to me about into the AM some night, like my friends have, to get what i mean. Its a social critque, but not in an artsy farsty way, in a gritty way. I dont like summing things up, cuz it makes them sound lame. If someone had summed up the basic physical RD plot to me before i saw it i probably wouldnt have even watched it. :-[

yeah, I shouldnt have posted it either, because that makes it 2d and I dont have the patience to post something thqat takes me an hour to explain in a reasonable normal way…

luckily I have people around me who I can talk to about it in person, so they know wtf I am talking about :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve thought about these things like millions of times.

Once I had this idea of a priest killing those people who walk in the priests chamber in the church to donate large sums of money. The people are just classified as LOST because who would ever think of them being killed in a CHURCH? Could develop a story, but it’s nothing special.

Then I was thinking about a mystery, about an apartment house from which all people dissappear one night. Police investigators are bewildered and the only thing they can find is that every phone in the house is picked up. But I can’t think of a solution.

So I’ve got million plots like that and they never go anywhere further, just raw ideas killed in their roots.

I have two “real” plots I’m working on.

1. A man gets his brains stolen from him on a space ship, and he travels to Earth to find them. There’s also an immortal guy, whose body is created mystically from “lost materia” like the socks you’ve lost in your life.

I started this with my friends and it was supposed to be almost like a comedy (when someone loses his brains, he speaks Swedish) but then I started to think about the plot myself, 'cause none of my friends had any more ideas, and it came to the point that it’s as I called it one time “Sergio Leone meets Douglas Adams”.

2. This one is more difficult to explain, for one reason I haven’t started writing it yet, but it’s my back up plan, if I really get frustrated with writing the first one. Here we have three characters and a story for everyone. I show a scene from everyone’s story after each other. And the thing is that first one’s story happens within many years, we jump about year or so everytime we see her story happening. The second story happens in a week, we see one scene per day, and the third one happens in one day.

About in the middle of the movie there’s this one point when all stories collide, and the third storie has all the characters in it to the end, but the other two stories continue without other characters. If someone is interested I could tell more about this, but I’ll tel already that the collision scene is about coffee store robbery and the ending of the movie is in the third story and it’s about warehouse shootout with cops.

3. This is just an idea I had once, came back in my mind from tarantino_is_god’s post. In it there is a man, who sees series of dreams always thinking that everything happening around him is real and then having false awakenings. In the last dream he goes to this room where he meets Morpheus-kind-of-character who talks to him about lucid dreams and such. In the end thereäs this “twist” that all what has happened is actually the Morpheus-guy’s dream. I’m not sure if I had seen Waking Life already when I first had this idea. I haven’t thought about this in a long time, mostly because I never had any ideas for the dreams that would occure, but it could work just fine as a short film having only the last conversation.

[quote=“Bleach”]

So I’ve got million plots like that and they never go anywhere further, just raw ideas killed in their roots.
[/quote]

same for me man…usually very high budget kinda stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

pain in the ass to model your thoughts through your technical (im)possibilities…

I really like your style though bleach! love to see more vids and pics!

I’ve got a few here and there. One about a writer who writes a script in which his lazy brother rewrites into a masterpiece. He takes full credit leaving him with barely anything but a story credit and the desire to kill his brother.

The other is about a man who took off from his small town four years ago to join the city life of drugs, crime, and money. Four years later he comes back to his family and it’s basically about how everything goes when he comes back.

I also have a fantasy trilogy in mind. More inspired by Final Fantasy games than anything.

[quote=“tarantino_is_god”]
same for me man…usually very high budget kinda stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

pain in the ass to model your thoughts through your technical (im)possibilities…

I really like your style though bleach! love to see more vids and pics!
[/quote]

Thanks! The quality of videos is terrible though, especially before I found out how to get normal colours.

Anyway, what I think is that everyone that loves cinema such as all us here, should be able to make a nice low budget film, if you love your work enough and if you have the passion you’ll be able to make something even with a crappy phone camera.

Movie one

So a guy likes a girl, she gets hit by drunk driver, so he attacks the drunk. Another guy gets special powers and must defeat an alien who makes weapons so he can take over his home planet, he is helped by good aliens. Another guy is abducted by different aliens but gets loose and goes on a bloody massacre and destroys the ships controls and is stuck in space. The guy defeats the alien making weapons and goes on the good aliens ship so they can go to their home planet and they find the stalled ship, who happens to be the aliens rivals so they get the guy and try to get info on the ship. They get blown up when more bad aliens come. The first guy goes on a date with the girl and she says hes not aggressive enough for her so he goes to a karaoke bar. The end.

Movie two

An android created to kill zombies must instead kill the vampires who have taken over.

I have spent most of time writing my “zombie screenplay”, which had many loopholes that needed to be fixed. I decided the title “Dark Silence” did not make much sense. . .I have been searching for a new title… These may seem a little too, well shitty, but its the best I can do. My choices are - 1THE STRIDE OF THE WICKED 2 CONSTERNATION 3 DEAD AWAKENING “Aim for the head.” - not a title

[quote=“CopperHead”]
Post a sentence or two about the plot of your script. I had this idea, which seemed to Clerks-ish, but I still dont know.

Basically 4 14 year olds take over the 3rd main ones cousins video store for a day. Through the whole day they talk to each other and customers about movie trivia and movies to take out. As I already said, it seems a little like Clerks, but I still might try to write it.

[/quote]

[quote=“WeaselCo”]

Movie two

An android created to kill zombies must instead kill the vampires who have taken over.
[/quote] The living dead facing off against an android?

[quote=“CopperHead”]

[/quote]

One Day Rental

The Zombies are just cannon fodder. They don’t really care about the android. The android was created to kill the zombies but was a prototype. The vampires destroyed the plant before it made any. The android fell in love with her creator and thus is seeking revenge against the vampires, who happen to run fenced in towns. They offer protection for blood, but they are the ones who really started the whole zombie thing when they tampered with their genes. They also have doped themselves so that sunlight no longer affects them.

DARK SILENCE - After an American embassy in London,UK is mysteriously besiged by a mutagenic chemical agent, all hell breaks loose. Those who persihed when the attack transpired return to life as. . .the living dead. One man, Travis Greer, a CIA covert operative and a partner are summoned to investigate the bizarre case. After the disappearance of his partner during a black ops mission; Travis is forced to embark on a perilous quest in order to retreive his partner’s briefcase that encompasses incriminating documents, (documents that he obtained after his mission.), that would surely unveil the malefactor behind the chemical attack.

i really want to write a western (doesn’t everybody) but i can’t seem to think up any “Good” stories. i mean in most western all there is is the Revenge story and the search for someone or something (money, gold).

i have some great characters but that’s about it.

has anyone got any idea for a great plot for a western that i can have ;D