do you watch football? (soccer)

The off-topic chat lounge
cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Re: do you watch football? (soccer)

Post by cyber-lili » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:51 pm

blue_lou_boyle wrote: It will be very difficult to beat France but without Ribery and possibly Benzema (who apparently doesnt get played because of his starsign: he's a scorpio) we have a chance.

What do the french members of the board think about this game. RatQuiRit? Lili?
To me, it's already a shame for us that we have to play this game and that we didn't get selected in the first place. And as I said it before, I really hope the French team takes this as a real warning to change the selector, maybe some players, change the spirit of this team. We're no longer in the golden age of French football.

Said that, I think we have high chances to beat Ireland, not necessarely with a great amount of goals, but the last two matchs proved we can score a lot when we want. But only if we feel the danger and don't take it as granted.

blue_lou_boyle
Basterd

Post by blue_lou_boyle » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:58 pm

....I guess i'll be back on this thread sometime in the middle of november either talking smack about an Irish victory or offering congratulations.

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:45 pm

France suck at football these days. Well, our national team does. It's hard to believe we'd have to play the barrages with such talented players though. So, imo, Domenech is responsible for it, 100%. I mean, the guy has little balls printed on his glasses' branches, who'd want that?
Gignac is gonna score our goals, IF we score...
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

armstrong
Kiddo

Post by armstrong » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:36 pm

I am amazing Galatasaray Fan. Watching its every match !! Anyone else whose fan team is Galatasaray ?

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:05 am

Sorry Ireland, that sucked.
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:26 am

Come on you Irons!

blue_lou_boyle
Basterd

Post by blue_lou_boyle » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:06 am

:'( - so disappointed, proud of our team and our attitude tonight, thought we did enough to win in 90 mins but it wasn't to be. i must say anelka was amazing for france....yet another heartbreaking defeat for ireland - football means so much to us, all i can say is im proud to be irish with the level of commitment shown by our team. roll on the european championships. congradulations to our french friends (even if henry did cheat ;) )

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:00 pm

Well, based on what I've seen on these 2 matches against France, Ireland doesn't play a great football, mainly because they are slow and lack of realism in front of the goal keeper. But the players really wanted to play the WC. While most of ours seemed like they didn't even want to play these 2 matchs: Henry, Gourcuff, Gignac (was he on the field yesterday?...), and I won't even keep on listing the players on the midfield and defence. That's why I think Ireland should have won, even if I'm glad we qualified ourselves, of course.

Just imagine how great the French team would be if all the players committed themselves as much as Lloris did for the past 2 matches. The guy almost got kicked in the head by an Irish striker yesterday to catch the ball. As always he was amazing in the air and is for me the most deserving player of our team.

But Ireland...wow, what a great spirit. Imagine we played against some violent team yesterday, there would have been some murders both on the field and on the public.

blue_lou_boyle
Basterd

Post by blue_lou_boyle » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:10 pm

...our fans have always been loud and passionate but always non violent - we take great pride in being able to mix with the fans of the opposing team. the Irish goverenment has just backed an official complaint against the result from the FAI but I doubt it will get us anywhere. euro 2012 seems so far away...

21grams
Basterd

Post by 21grams » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:40 pm

I'm disgusted by Henry, what a cheater.. we don't deserve it. And Sarko-zeb saying the most important is to win on tv (understand even if we cheat), that's a fucking nightmare.

I'm happy for Algeria though.

Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:37 am

Well France cheat at almost every sport. I still havent forgooten the forward pass in the Rugby World Cup. I think French coaches must tip off the refs.

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:45 pm

Mr.Pink wrote:Well France cheat at almost every sport. I still havent forgooten the forward pass in the Rugby World Cup. I think French coaches must tip off the refs.
Doing a forward pass isn't cheating. It's the referee who's at falt.

21grams
Basterd

Post by 21grams » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:27 am

Like Zizou, Titi has his game now ;D

http://www.jeu-de-main.com/

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:03 pm

RatQuiRit wrote:
Mr.Pink wrote:Well France cheat at almost every sport. I still havent forgooten the forward pass in the Rugby World Cup. I think French coaches must tip off the refs.
Doing a forward pass isn't cheating. It's the referee who's at fault.

edit: woops I hit the quote tab instead of editing. Only to add a damn "u" :o

21grams
Basterd

Post by 21grams » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Scar must be crying somewhere..

:-\

Seth_Gecko
Fucking Professional

Post by Seth_Gecko » Fri May 14, 2010 7:26 am

As much as I hate Inter (I support the real club from Milan too) I think it's really funny how Robben en Sneijder are in the finals against eachother and Real Madrid send them away last year...

ahhhh Ify must be crying somewhere.. :angel:

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Sat May 29, 2010 7:54 am

What a terrible year for football. :(

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Sat May 29, 2010 9:40 pm

The WWC is starting in what... 10 days ? I'm so annoyed cause I don't have a TV and my friends are kinda anti-TV persons... I have to find a solution to see the games.

21grams
Basterd

Post by 21grams » Sun May 30, 2010 7:07 am

Scarface wrote:What a terrible year for football. :(
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.photos-provence.fr/marseille ... 2010-1.jpg

hihihihihihihihihi

Lil, come to my home I have a big screen :)

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Sun May 30, 2010 10:37 pm

Marseillaise jusqu'au bout ! C'était ouff d'ailleurs le défilé des joueurs en bus. Quasi 98 bis !

I wish I had a TV myself. I might move next year and TV is the first thing I buy ! I would have one already if my flat wasn't too small, ahah.

21grams
Basterd

Post by 21grams » Mon May 31, 2010 6:43 am

[french]

d'ailleurs t'as vu ils ont peint le logo de l'OM sur les trottoirs à Paris, he he he on a envahi Paname, j'ai vu ça à Opéra et rue de Rennes je crois..

[/french]

21grams
Basterd

Post by 21grams » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:22 am

cyber-lili wrote:The WWC is starting in what... 10 days ? I'm so annoyed cause I don't have a TV and my friends are kinda anti-TV persons... I have to find a solution to see the games.
hmmm... finally, I think it's better for us not to have a TV :-X

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:53 am

This is so depressing and such a nightmare. With all the mascarade from this weekend, this is humiliating.

The rest of the competition is pretty weird. The great teams all did a bad first game (Brazil, Portugal for example) or a bad second game (Germany). Nothing seems sure for now for any team.

21grams
Basterd

Post by 21grams » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:55 pm

I hope South Africa will win this afternoon. our french team is unbearable.
And refereeing sucks as usual. (the 2nd goal of Brazil against Ivory Coast, the red card for Kaka) pfff

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:56 pm

At least we scored during this WC!
That was painful to watch.

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:06 pm

I thought England had it bad, buy my my did France have problems. It's pretty embarassing.

England have had such a shit start to the World Cup too. They played "ok" against USA and only managed a 1-1 draw. And then put it probably the worst performance I have seen not just from any team in the World Cup, but from England. England should have lost that game against Amgeria because they were superior. It's so weird, but the team is full of great players, and they train really well, but as soon as they step on the pitch, everything turns to shit and they can't perform. It's definitely psychological. If they lose tomorrow against Slovenia, there is going to be an uproar.

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:47 am

Its the World Cup of upsets. Even New Zealand managed to draw with Italy. Once we beat Paraguay we will advance to the second round so NZ is having the best football year in history. We've even done better than France.

Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:51 am

Ify wrote:I thought England had it bad, buy my my did France have problems. It's pretty embarassing.

England have had such a shit start to the World Cup too. They played "ok" against USA and only managed a 1-1 draw. And then put it probably the worst performance I have seen not just from any team in the World Cup, but from England. England should have lost that game against Amgeria because they were superior. It's so weird, but the team is full of great players, and they train really well, but as soon as they step on the pitch, everything turns to shit and they can't perform. It's definitely psychological. If they lose tomorrow against Slovenia, there is going to be an uproar.
I think the problem with the England team is that they cant stop a ball going faster than 1 kilometre an hour.

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:20 pm

Well that was a MUCH better game by England. Really proud of all of our players. Should have won by 3-4 goals which is my only worry. But England are through!! And so are the Americans, lol. Last minute winner by Landon Donovan. Crazy stuff.

I've liked Spain's, Brazil's and Argentina's football so far. I was backing Spain to win since that start, the only problem they have is finishing off moves. They seem to want to walk the ball into the net.

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Hmmm Mr. Pink, you're not assured to go to the next stage if you beat Paraguay. You have to score more goals than Italy if Italy wins against Slovakia.
I would LOVE to see NZ instead of Italy though, because you know, I'm French so I naturally hate Italy when it comes to football. (and even, I'm sure I'd hate Italy regardless, their game is just disgusting). But I really don't see that happening.