Do you watch football? (soccer)

if so are you a big fan? and who do you support?

AC Milan. Only the UEFA cup for us this season. :’( We have just gotten Becks, hope he’ll make a difference.

This is gonna be the fav topic of Ify, ahaha. He’s like going wild everytime there’s a football worldcup or european cup.

I used to watch a lot more of games when I still used to play football myself. Since I stopped, I limit myself to worldcup, european cup and some important national games.

I’m all into Arsenal and FC Barcelona right now.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
This is gonna be the fav topic of Ify, ahaha. He’s like going wild everytime there’s a football worldcup or european cup.

[/quote]

Will you be my wife? :-*

I do watch football, yes. Although I watch a bit of everything, I gear more towards the English and Spanish top-flight leagues. Being born and raised in England, naturally I support the English national team. So many great players, yet so many great opportunities missed. It saddens me to talk about this, so I won’t! I’m also a Madridista, and therefore try to watch ALL of Real Madrid’s games. Today was unfortunate for me, as other commitments prevented me from watching my beloved team, but winning 0-3 especially given the recent heartaches we’ve had to endure was a nice birthday present! Real have won the Liga the last two times in a row, and it pains me to say Barcelona will walk away with it this year given their far superior form. I hope this allows for the team to concentrate solely on the Champions league now (which we hold the record for winning, haha). If not, we have a young team and there’s plenty of opportunities to win trophies in the coming years with players like Casillas, Ramos, Drenthe, Gago, Robben, Sneijder, Van Der Vaart, Higuain and recent signing Klaas-Jan Huntelaar! Hope there are some equally bright signings in this January transfer window, so that we get back on track to winning ways.

watched beckham tonight nothing special as usual. i think hes one of the most overrated footballers in the game him and ronaldo.

i myself support Leeds United… times are tough mot

Go Irons! West Ham all the way.

Yeah! In Greece we don’t have high level football but I am sure that we have the most surrealistic championship! I support Olympiacos which you probably don’t know…

I love all the Italian teams, especially Milan and from National Teams I watch Croatia (ok I’m in love with Slaven Bilic!!!), Italy and Greece (we are such a boring team though).

I can’t stand all the money and shit in Football now anymore but yes my team is still l’Olympique de Marseille, even if we kinda suck now.

Was a time we were the best! :’(

[quote=“dandadub”]
watched beckham tonight nothing special as usual. i think hes one of the most overrated footballers in the game him and ronaldo.[/quote]

Beckham sure is such a overrating prick. But Ronaldo isn’t, he had some many troubles and it’s so hard for him to be back into business. He doesn’t deserve such statement. When he still used to be play, he was one of the best player of his category. Over.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Beckham sure is such a overrating prick. But Ronaldo isn’t, he had some many troubles and it’s so hard for him to be back into business. He doesn’t deserve such statement. When he still used to be play, he was one of the best player of his category. Over.
[/quote]

I think he meant Cristiano Ronaldo.

When David Beckham and Posh moved to LA, the press tried to make such a big deal out of it, and there was hardly a soul here that knew who he was.

yes i meant cristiano ronaldo. yeah annie hall i know olympiacos. you must love Panathinaikos ha. why do you support west ham geoi?

My cousin had her wedding at West Ham stadium. We got to see the pitch and stuff, I have quite a few cousins living in that part of London.

Regarding Beckham, I don’t think he’s overrated at all. I was really impressed by his motivation and work ethic when he moved to Real Madrid. It took him a bit of time to adjust playing with greats such as Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo and Roberto Carlos, but he soon found his form. He scored on his debut which is always a great thing. He isn’t as versatile as the top players, but for a good many years he was the best at dead ball situations. Also, his range of passing is second to none. At Real, he developed a great footballing sense with Zidane and Ronaldo which led to some beautiful bouts of play. He is past his prime, that is true. But his hunger and determination remains. His celebrity status hasn’t done his footballing life any good, I just feel that if he kept out of the limelight, he’d be respected more. I love his style of play too, I haven’t seen him play properly since he moved to LA Galaxy except for England. He’s still an asset to any team, but should be used during the last 30mins or so for maximum effect. He plays too much football for his age. He’s scored some absolute crackers, and will go down in English footballing history as one of the greats. Sure he has his haters, but so does every class act!

strange given he was never in the game with ac last night, every ball was straight to an opposing player, he was muck. he did alright with madrid because spanish football suits his style of play, mostly long passing, especially since he was teaming up with his old team mate nistelrooy. as far as the us is concerned he should never had went. such a career wrecking option, time will tell how he fairs out in the defensive serie a. i also firmly believe that the only reason beckham is still around since his departure of the scum is because of his celebrity status which in my opinion is shocking, i blame the asians.

[quote=“dandadub”]
why do you support west ham geoi?
[/quote]

Cos Nick does. Also cos I’m a tool.

[quote=“Ify”]
Will you be my wife? :-*
[/quote]

Btw if you wanna marry me, we have to get things straight, who’s the boss at home ? Cause no chance, we’re gonna choose between Barcelona and Real Madrid and since you’re the most interested into Beckham, I have to be straight, no f#cking underwear ads in my place !

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Btw if you wanna marry me, we have to get things straight, who’s the boss at home ? Cause no chance, we’re gonna choose between Barcelona and Real Madrid and since you’re the most interested into Beckham, I have to be straight, no f#cking underwear ads in my place !
[/quote]

Well, I think having a bit of (third party) competition such as supporting different teams is essential for a healthy relationship. We can’t be exactly the same in everything, variety is great! And I’m not that interested in Beckham, so because I love you so much, his name doesn’t have to be spoken in our lovely home!! I may have to have something related to Zinedine Zidane somewhere in the house, if that’s alright with you? And we can take turns being the boss :wink:

[quote=“dandadub”]
strange given he was never in the game with ac last night, every ball was straight to an opposing player, he was muck. he did alright with madrid because spanish football suits his style of play, mostly long passing, especially since he was teaming up with his old team mate nistelrooy. as far as the us is concerned he should never had went. such a career wrecking option, time will tell how he fairs out in the defensive serie a. i also firmly believe that the only reason beckham is still around since his departure of the scum is because of his celebrity status which in my opinion is shocking, i blame the asians.
[/quote]

Yeah, I heard he wasn’t very good last night. Like I said, he’s past his prime, no way can he play 89 minutes especially having been away from football for such a long time. Beckham didn’t really have enough time with Nistelrooy, and actually their on-field chemistry was virtually inexistent, not anywhere near their telepathy at Man UTD anyway.

[quote=“Ify”]
Well, I think having a bit of (third party) competition such as supporting different teams is essential for a healthy relationship. We can’t be exactly the same in everything, variety is great! And I’m not that interested in Beckham, so because I love you so much, his name doesn’t have to be spoken in our lovely home!! I may have to have something related to Zinedine Zidane somewhere in the house, if that’s alright with you? And we can take turns being the boss :wink:
[/quote]

Variety is the best thing indeed. And about Zidane, what else can I tell you, you know I love him too. And the little story behind it, when I was… I don’t know when I started to play football, around the 1998 worldcup, I used to have this huge perfume ad with Zidane in my room. So I guess it answers the question about the boss :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Variety is the best thing indeed. And about Zidane, what else can I tell you, you know I love him too. And the little story behind it, when I was… I don’t know when I started to play football, around the 1998 worldcup, I used to have this huge perfume ad with Zidane in my room. So I guess it answers the question about the boss :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

Have you seen that video of Zidane playing football with his kids? His sone Enzo plays for Real Madrid btw, as does the Brazilian Ronaldo’s son!

Is he supposed to be cute? I can’t tell.

(edit: and it looks like something stinks since he’s covering his nose. Not the best advert for a perfume.) :wink: