What film will you be watching tonight? (v)

Rescue Dawn

This doesn’t really count because I just saw them.

But tonight, I went to the Australian Cinematheque and saw Andy Warhol’s Vinyl and Jacques Tati’s Playtime. Playtime was especially amazing on the cinema screen because it’s a 70mm film that is so visually dense and complex that it’s mind-boggling.

Playtime is awesome ! So cool you saw it, I’d like to see it on a big screen too. I missed it once, but it will probably be screened again somewhere in Paris. How’s Vinyl ?

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Playtime is awesome ! So cool you saw it, I’d like to see it on a big screen too. I missed it once, but it will probably be screened again somewhere in Paris. How’s Vinyl ?
[/quote]

Okay, Vinyl… It’s definitely an experience. I will say that I genuinely did enjoy it (not as much as Playtime though). It’s funny. It’s an early Clockwork Orange adaptation that is basically two shots. You can see the actors looking off-camera during monologues and you can tell they are reading script cues. They also drop things from time to time and stuff up lines. All the sound is recorded on location (including the stereo which is played on set and then recorded) and sometimes the music drowns out the dialogue or they speak too quiet for the microphone to pick it up. The credits are said out loud at the beginning of the film, in the middle and at the end. It all sounds very amateurish (and if it was done today it would probably be called YouTube), but the most endearing things about the film was the unintentional moments. There’s this one part where Edie Sedgwick (whose been sitting on a box at the side of the frame for the whole film) accidentally knocks this can that’s sitting next to her, onto the floor. Then she looks around towards the crew with a stunned look like she’s wondering if they saw it. That’s what I liked about it. The extras walk around in the background smoking and drinking from cans and there’s this awesome scene where the main character just starts dancing to the song “Nowhere to Run”.

Jackass: 2.5 ???

[quote=“Angel”]
Okay, Vinyl… It’s definitely an experience. I will say that I genuinely did enjoy it (not as much as Playtime though). It’s funny. It’s an early Clockwork Orange adaptation that is basically two shots. You can see the actors looking off-camera during monologues and you can tell they are reading script cues. They also drop things from time to time and stuff up lines. All the sound is recorded on location (including the stereo which is played on set and then recorded) and sometimes the music drowns out the dialogue or they speak too quiet for the microphone to pick it up. The credits are said out loud at the beginning of the film, in the middle and at the end. It all sounds very amateurish (and if it was done today it would probably be called YouTube), but the most endearing things about the film was the unintentional moments. There’s this one part where Edie Sedgwick (whose been sitting on a box at the side of the frame for the whole film) accidentally knocks this can that’s sitting next to her, onto the floor. Then she looks around towards the crew with a stunned look like she’s wondering if they saw it. That’s what I liked about it. The extras walk around in the background smoking and drinking from cans and there’s this awesome scene where the main character just starts dancing to the song “Nowhere to Run”.
[/quote]

Nowhere To Run is a fucking awesome song!

I’ll be watching I’m Not There tonight!

[quote=“Bad Max”]
I’ll be watching I’m Not There tonight!
[/quote]

Tell us what you think of it !

[quote=“Bad Max”]
Nowhere To Run is a fucking awesome song!
[/quote]

Here’s a clip of the “Nowhere to Run” sequence: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=2IKoPViGmGI

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Tell us what you think of it !
[/quote]
Shit I totally forgot about it, lucky me I didn’t buy any tickets yet, I’ll go tommorow instead. :stuck_out_tongue: I let you know!

[quote=“Angel”]
[/quote]

Yeh Sometimes it was hard to hear what they were saying… There was a lot of heavy breathing… I was trying to see all of what they were doing to that guy in the back… friggin pouring hot candle wax on him… When they lift that guys shirt up before they start torturing him it was a little gay… I remember there was a hilarious part when, after they have broken Victor and hes begging for mercy a guy suddenly punches him in the stomach… the way that looked was just so strange and uncinematic I couldn’t help but laugh…

After the film I think you said “ Everything about that film was amateurishâ€

[quote=“Thousand Eyes”]

After the film I think you said “ Everything about that film was amateurishâ€

Yeah they were definitely worth seeing… plus it was free… that was pritty awesome.

sort of half watching Borat on showtime 2 right now…

Stray Dog

I’ve been trying to get a chance to watch this for months. Finally!!

Sweeney Todd.

A musical by Tim Burton. Yay x2 !!

The motherfuckin’ OSCARS!

Sukiyaki Western Django

Rashomon and maybe Spartacus, depending on when I’m done this paper.

“Predator” first time uncut.

So far I only now a far crappier (and cut) TV-version. Been ages, since I’ve seen that movie, anyway.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
Sukiyaki Western Django
[/quote]

I just saw that movie, pretty goovy moovy!

Gone Baby Gone hopefully. I got it off of netflix but the disc looks like somebody’s been playing disc gold with it.