Roy Scheider dies at 75

I’m surprised there isn’t a topic already (or maybe there is?).

But Roy Scheider, most known for his role in Jaws, just died recently at 75 years old from cancer. I couldn’t believe it when I heard. He was a great actor.

RIP

yeah, i know.

RIP

He was great. Loved him in 52 Pick Up.

I saw All That Jazz a few weeks ago. he rocked!

loved him in Marathon Man

Sad :frowning:

I’m watching Jaws right now. I’ve always loved this movie! It’s definitely a classic. Still entertaining even though I’ve seen it a few dozen times. Roy was perfect in it. I get the feeling just by watching this movie that he was a genuine kind of guy.

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
Sad :frowning:

I get the feeling just by watching this movie that he was a genuine kind of guy.
[/quote]

or at least he ACTED that way.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
or at least he ACTED that way.
[/quote]

I understand what acting is. But I also find watching many actors you can often determine aspects of their character as well, especially when they’re playing a more “normal” character. You may or may not be correct, but you get a FEELING.

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
I understand what acting is. But I also find watching many actors you can often determine aspects of their character as well, especially when they’re playing a more “normal” character. You may or may not be correct, but you get a FEELING.
[/quote]
why do you take offense to everything that I say?

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
why do you take offense to everything that I say?
[/quote]

Because you say everything in an offensive way.

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
Because you say everything in an offensive way.
[/quote]

I write it one way…it is said another. there is inflection that can’t be read…

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I write it one way…it is said another. there is inflection that can’t be read…
[/quote]

Yes, but the bluntness of the sentence and the exaggeration of the word ACTED implies that you were attempting to point out how stupid I was for not realizing he was acting like a nice guy. I understood I was watching a movie, the comment wasn’t necessary, at least in the way it was phrased.

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
Yes, but the bluntness of the sentence and the exaggeration of the word ACTED implies that you were attempting to point out how stupid I was for not realizing he was acting like a nice guy. I understood I was watching a movie, the comment wasn’t necessary, at least in the way it was phrased.
[/quote]

so this guy tells his waitress that she is looking really HOT. She tells him to piss off. He yells "so I guess a blowjob is totally out of the question!"

Blunt is good

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
so this guy tells his waitress that she is looking really HOT. She tells him to piss off. He yells "so I guess a blowjob is totally out of the question!"

Blunt is good
[/quote]

I don’t even think you understand the concept of rude behavior, or else you would realize how stupid that was.

Anyways. This is so off topic.

RIP Roy. I’ve only seen a few of Roy’s movies. Would anyone suggest some?

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
I don’t even think you understand the concept of rude behavior, or else you would realize how stupid that was.

Anyways. This is so off topic.

RIP Roy. I’ve only seen a few of Roy’s movies. Would anyone suggest some?
[/quote]

the marathon man

also…you should watch THe Boys From Brazil…that is because The Marathon Man will make you a fan of Laurence Olivier. Laurence Olivier is the man.

p.s. I’m sorry if I offended you. I realize that you could have been offended by what I initially said so I apologize.

52 Pick Up is a great Roy Scheider vehicle, avaiable from MGM.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
p.s. I’m sorry if I offended you. I realize that you could have been offended by what I initially said so I apologize.
[/quote]

No worries. It’s a forum, things are said and quickly forgotten.

[quote]52 Pick Up is a great Roy Scheider vehicle, avaiable from MGM.[/quote]

I’ll have to check it out. I have a pile of movies that I rented for 2 weeks that I need to get through, but when I take those back I’ll look for that one! I have so many lists of movies to see. :stuck_out_tongue: