Talk whatever you please - again...

The off-topic chat lounge
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Re: Talk whatever you please - again...

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:17 am

I wanna go back to college. Too bad I have no real ambition... Or money. ;)

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:34 am

you could do it though, everyone can do a Turtle at some point!

"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:18 am

Haven't a clue what that means. Assuming some sort of Entourage reference that is lost on me. And no, I can't do it. It would be a miserable experience for me. Single mom, no one to watch my kid, no money, it's impossible. If I quit this job with the sweet hours and shite pay, got a new job and went to school, all the money I made at my job would go to paying for child care, and I'd never get to see my kid, and never be able to afford anything. Nah. If I won the lottery or something, then I'd totally go back to college. 8)

roulette67
Basterd

Post by roulette67 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:29 am

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:Haven't a clue what that means. Assuming some sort of Entourage reference that is lost on me. And no, I can't do it. It would be a miserable experience for me. Single mom, no one to watch my kid, no money, it's impossible. If I quit this job with the sweet hours and shite pay, got a new job and went to school, all the money I made at my job would go to paying for child care, and I'd never get to see my kid, and never be able to afford anything. Nah. If I won the lottery or something, then I'd totally go back to college. 8)

I feel the same way you do. Wish I could go back to college and get my Masters, but.... Unless something drastically changes in my life... No go. Such is life.

roulette67
Basterd

Post by roulette67 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:30 am

Vince Vega wrote:So what's up here nowadays? Did I miss anything in the past three years or so?
OMFG it's Vince Vega! What a pleasant cameo. : )

*G*
Fucking Professional

Post by *G* » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:29 pm

Vince Vega wrote:So what's up here nowadays? Did I miss anything in the past three years or so?
I love carpet.

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:22 pm

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:Haven't a clue what that means. Assuming some sort of Entourage reference that is lost on me.
Yeah, it's because Turtles goes back to college...whatever I failed at being funny :(
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:48 pm

RatQuiRit wrote:
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:Haven't a clue what that means. Assuming some sort of Entourage reference that is lost on me.
Yeah, it's because Turtles goes back to college...whatever I failed at being funny :(
Nono, I'm sure it is funny. I suck cos I didn't understand it. KK!

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:48 am

I should have my head examined for still being up at 3:40 am whit my exams starting in 2 days...well, tomorrow now.
Still, re-watching Coupling NOW was the worst idea I've had in ages. It truly is the most addictive TV series that's ever been. If you're into FRIENDS, HIMYM and english humour, then you'll LOOOOOVE Coupling.

"When you're a lesbian and have sex, there's 4 breast: 2 guest breasts...and 2 you can take home afterwards AAaahh it's bloody brilliant!"

It's not even a funny moment, it's just that I found that cap and decided to go along with the quote :D

Eastern Beauty
Fucking Professional

Post by Eastern Beauty » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:52 pm

Christmas is near YAY!!!

cherrydarling
Real McCoy

Post by cherrydarling » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:11 am

It's been a month since someone posted. Where is everybody. Geez, you take 6 weeks off for surgery, and everyone vanishes.

Speaking of which, I will never understand why people have elective nose jobs. Worst healing process ever!

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Good to see you're back. ;)

F.W.
Fucking Professional

Post by F.W. » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:11 pm

cherrydarling wrote:It's been a month since someone posted. Where is everybody. Geez, you take 6 weeks off for surgery, and everyone vanishes.

Speaking of which, I will never understand why people have elective nose jobs. Worst healing process ever!
with your absence i could not bear to come back here. it was not worth it.

cherrydarling
Real McCoy

Post by cherrydarling » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:23 am

Aww, how nice to see my presence is valued. :) What's new in the world?

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:24 pm

cherrydarling wrote:Aww, how nice to see my presence is valued. :) What's new in the world?
I dunno. I've developed an unhealthy crush on Patton Oswalt. He's so adorable. Like a manbaby. What's up with you? Other than the surgery.

cherrydarling
Real McCoy

Post by cherrydarling » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:14 am

Working like a slave. And loathing summer. I honestly hate hot and humid weather.

I'm only just beginning to learn a bit more about Patton Oswalt but the stuff of his I've seen is hilarious. I liked him in United States of Tara.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:36 pm

That's right. I always forget that it's summer down under. Prolly cos I'm freezing me arse off in this hemisphere. I prefer the heat. Cold is so fucking, cold.

You should watch Patton in Big Fan. It's a dramatic role, and I really enjoyed it.

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:24 am

Gosh, I don't remember if I talked about that in here before because it didn't seem to be 100% sure information until today.
But now it is: Today I received an email telling me that I'm going to edit a short part of the new DVD from my favorite band (HORSE the band). I understood there will be several DVDs in the package, in one of them, there's gonna be a ~1h part edited by fans, consisting of ~10 songs. I'll be editing one of those. It's so fucking sweet!!
I can't tell you how happy that email made me. Especially since I had given up hope and thought they cancelled the idea of the fan edited part. I even got to pick the top 3 songs I'd rather be editing, that's like a dream come true. I really hope I'm gonna get one of those 3.
So excited :D

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Congrats ! You're gonna give everything you got, give the best, make the best, choose the best !

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:18 pm

Damn! That's awesome, dude! Congrats!

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:53 pm

Weird. Just yesterday I accidentally downloaded a couple "Horse the Band" songs while looking for "Band of Horses" songs.

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:40 am

Dex wrote:Weird. Just yesterday I accidentally downloaded a couple "Horse the Band" songs while looking for "Band of Horses" songs.
Hehe, it happens to me a lot the other way around. Are they good? I mean Band of Horses

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:12 pm

WHOOO. I just picked my destination for next year! I'm going to Bergamo, Italia for an entire year! I need to learn to speak italian from now til my first day, the 15th of September. The cool thing is that I'm gonna learn Italian while watching great italian movies, that's awesome :D
I'm so happy!!

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:52 pm

Can't you speak italian at all ? A year will be short to learn it fluently I guess, but it's great for you to spend a whole year there. I've never been to Italy but I'm sure it's awesome (and warmer than France right now !).

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:08 pm

cyber-lili wrote:Can't you speak italian at all ? A year will be short to learn it fluently I guess, but it's great for you to spend a whole year there. I've never been to Italy but I'm sure it's awesome (and warmer than France right now !).
Bonjourno and arrivedeci is pretty much all I can say, I don't even know if I spelled it right :p
My school wouldn't have let us go (I'm going with 2 girls from my year) if they thought it wasn't possible. Did I mention the lectures were in Italian too? :D
So yeah, basically I'm gonna start to learn Italian before going :p
Given that I speak french and spannish almost fluently, I guess it's not going to be too hard to learn Italian, it seems like it's a pretty easy language to learn.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:33 pm

Oh wow! You're going to be able to speak 4 languages! That's sooooo cool. And it's really awesome that you get to go to school in Italy. I'm excited for you! ;D ;D

cherrydarling
Real McCoy

Post by cherrydarling » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:37 am

That's it. Every year I say I want to learn a new language. And godammit, this year will be the year! You guys are all bi-lingual, it makes me sooo jealous. I know a few basic phrases in french and spanish but thats about it. Damn our schooling system for not trying hard enough with me! (That's right, it was no fault of my own)

Francais or Espanol?

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:05 pm

T'as envie d'être classe et sexy, choisis le français, darling ;)

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:16 pm

cherrydarling wrote:That's it. Every year I say I want to learn a new language. And godammit, this year will be the year! You guys are all bi-lingual, it makes me sooo jealous. I know a few basic phrases in french and spanish but thats about it. Damn our schooling system for not trying hard enough with me! (That's right, it was no fault of my own)

Francais or Espanol?
Either. Those 2 languages are very similar so if you learn one it will be easy to learn the second one.
I say that when my mother tongue is french but I suck at spanish so...yeah they're not that similar. But the conjugations function the same, but there are some differences that I will never get I think :D

But yeah, french is way more sexy than spanish, as lili pointed it out :p

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:57 pm

Spanish doesn't sound sexy to me, it sounds rude and some sort of european redneck langage. Really.