TV Talk

The off-topic chat lounge
Elmer Ephraim Ellsworth
Fucking Professional

Re: TV Talk

Post by Elmer Ephraim Ellsworth » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:51 am

Wait . . .

I don't know how the Hell I forgot to mention the latest season of both Curb Your Enthusiasm & Always Sunny in Philly. ???

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:20 pm

Dex wrote:Any Heroes fans here? The quality can be all over the place some times but this season has been really good so far. There's no big "we have to save the world" storyline this far. Just small scale character work. And Sylar's back to fucking with people's minds and just being an all out bad guy.

Also as far as new shows are concerned I can't recommend "Modern Family" enough. The Lion King moment from the Pilot episode is priceless.
Yeah, I still watch Heroes. Sylar's one of my favourite villains ever. That really creeped me out, what he did to Matt last episode. Poor Parkman. I could do with less Claire and HRG, and more Hiro and Ando.

blue_lou_boyle
Basterd

Post by blue_lou_boyle » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:08 pm

Big Train is an amazing comedy show that kind of flopped when it aired on the BBC but has found a cult following since.

It's written by the writers of the legendary Father Ted and fellow Dubliners Graham Linehan and Arthur Matthews. its surreal and i'm not really sure how it would go down in other parts of the world but trust me its really really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0TZxFQaXkc

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:42 pm

Yeah, I own it on DVD.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:37 pm

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote: Yeah, I still watch Heroes. Sylar's one of my favourite villains ever. That really creeped me out, what he did to Matt last episode. Poor Parkman. I could do with less Claire and HRG, and more Hiro and Ando.
Ughh, I've been hoping for Hiro's death for a couple seasons now. Unless he becomes that badass with the sword we saw back in season one pretty soon I want nothing to do with him.

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:54 pm

Dex wrote:
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote: Yeah, I still watch Heroes. Sylar's one of my favourite villains ever. That really creeped me out, what he did to Matt last episode. Poor Parkman. I could do with less Claire and HRG, and more Hiro and Ando.
Ughh, I've been hoping for Hiro's death for a couple seasons now. Unless he becomes that badass with the sword we saw back in season one pretty soon I want nothing to do with him.
Haha, I see what you mean Dex. Hiro was so annoying in season 1. But he wasn't as annoying as the fake suspense they build up at the end of each episode that flatlined at the beginning of the next one in 30 seconds. So I stopped watching. I really hate that drama. I don't really enjoy drama in general apart from a few rare series (Lost is cool, Dexter too, and, yeah...wait...you should have guessed it by now...it's OZ, of course! But I should watch the Sopranos when I find the time and motivation to get into a new tv series.

The Office still kicks ass.

And do any of you guys watch How Not To Live Your Life? It's a british comedic series about a guy who doesn't give a fuck about anything, and who's called a dickhead more than anyone else on the earth haha. It's real funny, and welll...british so yay!
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:07 am

Dex wrote:
I love Hiro! I wish they hadn't have made his power so unusable. I've been wishing for Claire's death since the beginning of the series. "Oh, whoa is me, poor me, I just wanna be normal, but instead I'm beautiful, smart, and invincible." What a whiny little bitch. I'd scoop her eye balls out of her head just to see what would happen.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:08 am

RatQuiRit wrote:
The Office still kicks ass.

And do any of you guys watch How Not To Live Your Life? It's a british comedic series about a guy who doesn't give a fuck about anything, and who's called a dickhead more than anyone else on the earth haha. It's real funny, and welll...british so yay!
I've heard about this one! It sounds really good. I will have to wait for DVD. :-[

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:57 am

Be sure not to forget about buying the DVD when it comes out! The 1st season is hilarious and the 2nd one is even funnier IMO!
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:49 am

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote: I love Hiro! I wish they hadn't have made his power so unusable. I've been wishing for Claire's death since the beginning of the series. "Oh, whoa is me, poor me, I just wanna be normal, but instead I'm beautiful, smart, and invincible." What a whiny little bitch. I'd scoop her eye balls out of her head just to see what would happen.
The thing about his power is that the writer's suck at using it. Anytime they've ever introduced any level of time travel they've done nothing but create massive plot holes. The whole "hooking Ando up with his sister" bit they just did is a perfect example. Ando's life with a girlfriend is the exact same as it was without one?

*G*
Fucking Professional

Post by *G* » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:56 am

RatQuiRit wrote: The Office still kicks ass.
Hold on, which Office? The U.S. version is prob my fav U.S. show that was stolen that is better than the original. I have every season on dvd.

P.S.- Jim and Pam tie the knot, on the next Office, this Thursday, stay tuned. ;D

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:26 am

*G* wrote:
Hold on, which Office? The U.S. version is prob my fav U.S. show that was stolen that is better than the original. I have every season on dvd.

P.S.- Jim and Pam tie the knot, on the next Office, this Thursday, stay tuned. ;D
I liked the UK version but not as much as the US one. And the US version is still going so that's always great to have something to look forward to. And yeah I'm really looking forward to next week's episode!
I also started to watch Flight of The Conchords again, I'm near the end of the 1st season, it cracks me up!

Entourage's season comes to an end this week, it went so fast! And I have the feeling nothing happened. It was not as good as the other ones IMO. Still funny, but the story is going nowhere.

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:45 am

Ahhh RatQuiRit, didn't know about How Not To Live Your Life, me+brit series=hell yeah ! I'll watch it asap.

And Flight of the Conchords, I told you a lot about it, only Plunderbunnie and me used to talk about it on the forum. It's so much fun.

I've never watched The Office, I always forget to get a copy of it. But I really need to, cause I'm 100% I'll love both series, the UK and US version.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:56 pm

*G* wrote:

This one wasn't stolen. Ricky Gervais totally ok'ed it. ;)

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:17 pm

Yup lili, you're totally gonna love The Office, I tell you! If you like Flight Of The Conchords, then you'll dig the UK version maybe even more than the US one. But the US one is really tooooo funny.

I just watched the 2x01 of Flight Of The Conchords, still very good even if I don't find the songs as good as they were in the beginning...Well, the crazy Bret dance of the season 1 finale was one of the funniest thing they ever did, but still, their lyrics aren't as cool as "business time" and "boom boom" :D

*G*
Fucking Professional

Post by *G* » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:36 pm

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:
*G* wrote:

Because we offered the $$$$. ;D

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:18 am

*G* wrote:
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:

Because we offered the $$$$. ;D
And that somehow decreases the integrity? Naw. It's great that he was down to sell.

As far as TV... I have two words fooooorrrrr yaaaaaaaaahhh!.... Stargate Universe!!!!!!!!!! Fuckin' A!!!! If y'all aren't Stargate geeks, it's your loss. For realz. BTW, you can watch 7 complete seasons of Stargate SG-1 at hulu.com (if you're in North America)

STARGATE!

Movie_Villain
Real McCoy

Post by Movie_Villain » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:22 am

sorry, I think the US version of the Office is is funnier than the original

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:23 am

Movie_Villain wrote:sorry, I think the US version of the Office is is funnier than the original
Don't be sorry... It's really good. Watch Stargate!

*G*
Fucking Professional

Post by *G* » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:55 am

Movie_Villain wrote:sorry, I think the US version of the Office is is funnier than the original
I 100% agree with you.

blue_lou_boyle
Basterd

Post by blue_lou_boyle » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:20 pm

*G* wrote:
I 100% agree with you.
I really like both of them but I have to say I prefer the UK Version - especially if you see the two Christmas specials that ended the show - they make David Brent a more rounded character and are the perfect ending to the show.

cherrydarling
Real McCoy

Post by cherrydarling » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:06 pm

Until recently, I never realised just how funny Malcolm in th Middle is.

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:23 pm

Really ? I used to watch it all the time when I was a teenager. The actor playing Malcolm's dad has been a new series this year, called Breaking Bad, and he won an Emmy for it. It's supposed to be good, haven't seen it but I plan to.

Here's the trailer of the series if you want to have a look :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erZqsV5UJpM

cherrydarling
Real McCoy

Post by cherrydarling » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Yeah I used to watch it when I was younger as well, but never often enough to really enjoy it. But they've been playing heaps of re-runs on TV lately and I've fallen in love with it. Bryan Cranston is awesome! Breaking Bad is due to start here pretty soon and I'm excited coz I've heard so many good things about it, and it'll be cool to see him playing a bit of a tough guy. Thanks for posting the trailer!

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:56 pm

He's not really tough in Breaking Bad, he's kind of a victim. But I've only watched the pilot and decided not to go further. It's way too mysterious to rise interest for me.
Malcolm in the Middle is one of the best TV comedies I've seen. when I was in high school there wasn't a single day where we didn't re-enact atleast 1 scene from Malcolm and 1 from Scrubs with my class-best-friend.
There were like 7 seasons for Malcolm and it never became weak. Always at the top of humor.

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:24 pm

It's one of my fav comedie series too. Every episode was funny and you're right, it has never discreased in quality, never. But I guess it must exhausting to shoot such over-the-top-energic series so they had to stop at one point.

I'll try to watch Breaking Bad anyway, but not sure if I'll like it then if you even stopped after the pilot.

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:53 pm

Entourage Season Finale!!!!!

God I just watched it while being half drunk and I really think it's among the best episode of any tv series I watched among the years. everything is fucking great and it puts an amazing end to an only so-so season. The fun parts killed me, the romance between eric and sloane almost brought tears to my eyes it was so fucking powerful I'm not even over it yet. Ari and Lloyd...Turtle, even Drama!! God what a brilliant episode I can't belive how good it was.

Maybe the half drunk factor played a lot, I dunno, but I've never been shaken that much by a tv series episode.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:04 pm

Yeah, the one thing I really loved about this season was how much the characters are growing up and growing apart. I loved that bit at the end where Eric gets on the plane like he's gonna leave Sloan behind. I was so pissed at him for a second there.

It's funny you said it was just a "so-so" season, and you're right, but it was still pretty awesome. I think that's a testament to the character's they've created and the actors who play them. Something about Entourage just makes it feel like your hanging out with friends you really like, but don't get to see nearly often enough.

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:13 pm

Pam & Jim's wedding!! Haha one of the best episodes of this season, and it's 40 minutes long. It's the best format IMO. 20 is too short, especially for the Office, you kinda need some time to be taken on. But this one, it's The Office at its best. Grotesque and awkward situations and quid pro quos, cynical come backs, some genious Kevin and Andy moments, and Creed is still the best even if he only has 2 x 2 seconds were he's really the focus of your attention, but what a fucked up character, he's dead funny.

Movie_Villain
Real McCoy

Post by Movie_Villain » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:41 pm

one of the best Office episodes ever..the wedding dance parody just put it over the top