TV Talk

The off-topic chat lounge
RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Re: TV Talk

Post by RatQuiRit » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:20 am

Talking about Entourage, here's an awesome pic!

"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:23 am

I really should watch this series. I'm all into The Sopranos again. But as soon as I'm over, I'm gonna be into Entourage, I promised !

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:06 pm

cyber-lili wrote: I really should watch this series. I'm all into The Sopranos again. But as soon as I'm over, I'm gonna be into Entourage, I promised !
I've been watching Sopranos (for the first time) for about a month or two now. I'm currently on season 3. It's awesome!  ;D

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:24 pm

Just started watching "Dead Like Me" about a month ago. It's pretty good. I'm a few episodes into season two. There doesn't seem to be much of an overall plot so it never really feels like there's any forward progression but the characters are pretty cool.

A lot of it doesn't really make sense to me though. They're Grim Reapers but they have to live among humans and they don't get paid. It just seems like a non-sensical way to make the stories more interesting.
"I'm a preacher with no pulpit. Spewing a sermon that goes on and on and on."

Eastern Beauty
Fucking Professional

Post by Eastern Beauty » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:27 pm

Dex wrote: A lot of it doesn't really make sense to me though. They're Grim Reapers but they have to live among humans and they don't get paid. It just seems like a non-sensical way to make the stories more interesting.
You know what I think about it? Well, they're like good people who are supposed to go to heaven but they didn't do enough good things in their life so they have to stay on earth and reap souls and one day the door opens and they finally go to heaven (at least that's what happened with Rube in Dead dike me: the movie [which i do not recommend you to watch btw]).
And the fact they must live among humans is great idea so the series can also deal with problems we have in our daily life too. What do you think of Dolores Herbig? She's such a funny character.

As for me, i started watching Doctor Who. That's fun. 8)
Anybody here remember me? Anyone?!

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:13 pm

I hated Dolores with a passion at first but she grew on me pretty quick. I think it was the episode where Georgia lives with her for a night that I really got to liking her.
"I'm a preacher with no pulpit. Spewing a sermon that goes on and on and on."

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:06 pm

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/bobblehead/

Geez...Should I buy one? I shouldn't, but they are awesome.

Take a look at kevin's : http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail ... the-office

HAHA

I'm probably gonna have to pay the double for shipping to France though...so I'll probably pass. But the 2 G's should be interested (*G* and Geoi if that wasn't obvious already)
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:15 pm

RatQuiRit wrote:http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/bobblehead/

Geez...Should I buy one? I shouldn't, but they are awesome.

Take a look at kevin's : http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail ... the-office

HAHA

I'm probably gonna have to pay the double for shipping to France though...so I'll probably pass. But the 2 G's should be interested (*G* and Geoi if that wasn't obvious already)

Oh, you should SO get one!

Movie_Villain
Real McCoy

Post by Movie_Villain » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:31 pm

Just watched the entire Spaced series for the first time...holy shit this stuff is hilarious!!!

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:53 pm

Movie_Villain wrote:Just watched the entire Spaced series for the first time...holy shit this stuff is hilarious!!!
I'm not surprised that you liked it. Spaced is the most amazing bit of television ever. Nobody of any worth can hate Spaced.

Elmer Ephraim Ellsworth
Fucking Professional

Post by Elmer Ephraim Ellsworth » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:17 am

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:I'm not surprised that you liked it. Spaced is the most amazing bit of television ever. Nobody of any worth can hate Spaced.
Can I get a, 'Fuck yeah!'?!

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Office's Season Opening is great. One of the most retarded things Michael's ever done hahaaha. And Parkour? Haha that was sick.
Also, Andrew made me cry with laughter, man this character is amazingly funny.
It's great to have all that crew back. Creed and Kev too, brilliant.

Also, Entourage is starting to get a bit redundant IMO, I don't feel like anything happened in 3 weeks or so. Not as thrilling as it used to be. Still some funny bits.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:09 pm

Yes! I loved the Office season premiere. Michael is such a retard. I laughed out loud at Andy too. There were some good WTF moments in it. So happy it's back on.

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:14 pm

Yeah me too, it's definitely one of the best comedy shows out there. Really looking forward to the new 30Rock season too.
It's definitely a lot better than How I Met Your Mother, a show that started really well but became kinda lame now. I felt so let down by the last season, how they make you think that some things are finally gonna happen but actually nothing happens at all, very frustrating.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:22 pm

RatQuiRit wrote:Yeah me too, it's definitely one of the best comedy shows out there. Really looking forward to the new 30Rock season too.
It's definitely a lot better than How I Met Your Mother, a show that started really well but became kinda lame now. I felt so let down by the last season, how they make you think that some things are finally gonna happen but actually nothing happens at all, very frustrating.
I'm looking forward to 30 Rock too, but I've never seen How I Met Your Mother. As far as Dramas go, I'm waiting for Bones, and Heroes.

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:26 pm

I lost pretty much all interest on dramas. I used to be really pumped on Dexter and Lost, but I'm not even up do date with them now. I hated Heroes season 1 because of all the false hopes and fake suspense you get at the very end of each episodes, and those situations resolved themselves in the first minute of the next one. Nothing happened basically, and that really pissed me off so I decided to stop watching it.
But if I catch up with Lost I'd probably wanna watch the next season when it's out.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:33 pm

RatQuiRit wrote:I lost pretty much all interest on dramas. I used to be really pumped on Dexter and Lost, but I'm not even up do date with them now. I hated Heroes season 1 because of all the false hopes and fake suspense you get at the very end of each episodes, and those situations resolved themselves in the first minute of the next one. Nothing happened basically, and that really pissed me off so I decided to stop watching it.
But if I catch up with Lost I'd probably wanna watch the next season when it's out.
I have a slight crush on Zachary Quinto now. I have to see him again. Plus, I know the characters, so it's easy to watch. I don't like to start TV shows late, because I don't like not knowing their history.

Bones is awesome, it's very funny as well. And I love looking at David Boreanaz. I wish Angel was still on.

I also loved Castle, with Nathan Fillion, and Dollhouse with Eliza Dushku, and they were both picked up for a second season. I don't know if Tim Roth's show, Lie to Me got picked up or not, but I really liked that one too.

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:22 pm

Lie To Me got picked up and comes back on September 28th.

How I Met Your Mother's season premiere was surprisingly good, I expected to be disappointed but it was a good episode. Marshall's the best hahaha

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:49 pm

It was kinda annoying to follow Lie to Me, which I love btw. But sometimes they stopped the broadcasting of episodes for two or three weeks so it was hard to follow and not to forget watching the new episodes. I hope they'll stop this for the next season.

cherrydarling
Real McCoy

Post by cherrydarling » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:40 pm

Have only just discovered 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' and watched the first 3 seasons in a week. So funny. And anything that brings Danny DeVito back on the screen makes me happy. Also loving my faaavourite New Zealand TV show called 'Outrageous Fortune'. If you find anywhere to download it from, DO IT, it's a great fucking show. And I'm always re-watching seasons of 'Degrassi Junior High' and 'Degrassi High'. I'm such a sucker for that show. So much so, that I wear a Joey Jeremiah style hat most days. Makes me feel radical.

Eastern Beauty
Fucking Professional

Post by Eastern Beauty » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:37 pm

Been watching season 5 of Desperate Housewives and I'm starting to think of Katherine as my favorite character out there.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:48 pm

RatQuiRit wrote:But if I catch up with Lost I'd probably wanna watch the next season when it's out.
You totally should. Season five was kinda crazy and a little confusing with all the time travel issues but awesome as hell at the same time. By far the best show on network television.

Basterd101
Kiddo

Post by Basterd101 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:57 pm

Lost was a good show until it got way too confusing. I literally got lost with the story.

cherrydarling
Real McCoy

Post by cherrydarling » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:06 pm

I've been all about The Mighty Boosh this week.

I will never tire from their antics.

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:14 pm

Do you like Black Books and The IT Crowd too ? I love those series a lot.

cherrydarling
Real McCoy

Post by cherrydarling » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:31 pm

Yes and yes. Pretty much anything British. I love old stuff like Fawlty Towers and Blackadder, and then kooky new stuff like the Boosh and whatnot. Majority of my favourite comedians are all Brits.

Elmer Ephraim Ellsworth
Fucking Professional

Post by Elmer Ephraim Ellsworth » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:15 pm

For the most part, I've just been watching my beloved King of the Hill on [adult swim],
and the latest season of Mad Men on AMC, as of late.

That's shaping up to be a mighty fine series. Hell, it might even have a shot at my top twenty list.

Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:05 am

The only show I ever really liked was Flavor of Love. No more season 4. :'(

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:18 am

Any Heroes fans here? The quality can be all over the place some times but this season has been really good so far. There's no big "we have to save the world" storyline this far. Just small scale character work. And Sylar's back to fucking with people's minds and just being an all out bad guy.

Also as far as new shows are concerned I can't recommend "Modern Family" enough. The Lion King moment from the Pilot episode is priceless.

Utivich
Real McCoy

Post by Utivich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:23 am

Loved the first season.

Twin Peaks and O.C is awesome