TV Talk

The off-topic chat lounge
Post Reply
User avatar
me
Fucking Professional
Posts: 3950
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:15 am
Location: US of freaking A

TV Talk

Post by me » Sun May 27, 2007 6:28 am

Talk about a show your really into at the moment or just one you love with a passion.

At the moment im really into The Kings Of Queens anybody out there watch it?

Jjp

Re: TV Talk

Post by Jjp » Sun May 27, 2007 6:31 am

seinfeld.

User avatar
me
Fucking Professional
Posts: 3950
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:15 am
Location: US of freaking A

Re: TV Talk

Post by me » Sun May 27, 2007 6:33 am

Yeah i was watching it the other night and they were showing the episode where Jerry's place gets robbed and Kramer left the door open cause he was cooking lol!

Kiriyama

Re: TV Talk

Post by Kiriyama » Sun May 27, 2007 7:04 am

Watching The Sopranos helps me realize that good and evil are often relative terms and these moral ambiguities that people face on a day to day basis are just basically a part of life, so while killing people may be considered evil in one person's eyes in another it's just one person doing good by wiping out someone who truly is evil. But it's hard to really empathize with Tony because his whole career and life is built around lies and deceit, and he seems to hurt people more than he helps them (minus the parts where he kills the assholes who would probably murder a shitload more people if he didn't decide to kill them).
Last edited by Kiriyama on Sun May 27, 2007 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bleach
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1619
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:18 pm
Location: Latvia

Re: TV Talk

Post by Bleach » Sun May 27, 2007 7:29 am

As he said himself, once you get into the business with the mob, you accept the terms. So if you want protection but don't pay, you get beat up. If you work against the rules, they'll just eventually work against you - harshly. Truly innocent people rarely suffer in The Sopranos. But yeah, Tony goes over the line now and then. Like I hate how he always unleashes his rage on the tattooed guy working at Bada Bing
[img width=500 height=66]http://i41.tinypic.com/9sqlpu.jpg[/img]

User avatar
me
Fucking Professional
Posts: 3950
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:15 am
Location: US of freaking A

Re: TV Talk

Post by me » Sun May 27, 2007 7:36 am

Yeah i remember one time he beat the shit out of him with a phone because he couldnt remember how to press hold.

Kiriyama

Re: TV Talk

Post by Kiriyama » Sun May 27, 2007 7:48 am

Bleach wrote: As he said himself, once you get into the business with the mob, you accept the terms. So if you want protection but don't pay, you get beat up. If you work against the rules, they'll just eventually work against you - harshly. Truly innocent people rarely suffer in The Sopranos. But yeah, Tony goes over the line now and then. Like I hate how he always unleashes his rage on the tattooed guy working at Bada Bing
I respect and understand that. Pussy probably deserved to die because not only did he snitch and break the code of the Mob, but he basically sacrificed Tony's life to save his so his death was equal punishment. But then again, when you look at the big picture you see that these men make a living by cheating their way through life and being dishonest so it's hard not to judge them or say what they're doing is wrong. But on the other hand, the police do pretty much the same thing by breaking the rules and enforcing violence yet they do it all in the name of "what's right" so everyone's basically guilty. I guess it's God's call though since men aren't supposed to judge other men.

ThaDuke

Re: TV Talk

Post by ThaDuke » Sun May 27, 2007 11:01 pm

1. Sopranos
2. Scrubs
3. Nip Tuck
4. Monk
5. Seinfield

User avatar
me
Fucking Professional
Posts: 3950
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:15 am
Location: US of freaking A

Re: TV Talk

Post by me » Sun May 27, 2007 11:07 pm

ThaDuke wrote: 4. Monk
The same guy who plays monk use to play the character on wings as the taxi driver lol! that was a funny character.

User avatar
moussemaker
Basterd
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:45 pm
Location: germany

Re: TV Talk

Post by moussemaker » Sun May 27, 2007 11:25 pm

Prison Break!

Lucio Fulci

Re: TV Talk

Post by Lucio Fulci » Mon May 28, 2007 2:41 am

ThaDuke wrote:
2. Scrubs
I think he meant [ScrubS]

User avatar
plunderbunnie
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1308
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:26 pm
Location: Canada

Re: TV Talk

Post by plunderbunnie » Mon May 28, 2007 2:46 am

Arrested Development.

Funniest show on earth, hands down.
"It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions." - Mark Twain

Lucio Fulci

Re: TV Talk

Post by Lucio Fulci » Mon May 28, 2007 2:48 am

plunderbunnie wrote: Arrested Development.

Funniest show on earth, hands down.
That's probably the reason why they cancelled the show, it was just too damn funny.

User avatar
plunderbunnie
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1308
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:26 pm
Location: Canada

Re: TV Talk

Post by plunderbunnie » Mon May 28, 2007 2:52 am

Biohazard wrote: That's probably the reason why they cancelled the show, it was just too damn funny.
Yea.  It definitely won all those awards because it was awful.
"It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions." - Mark Twain

Jjp

Re: TV Talk

Post by Jjp » Mon May 28, 2007 2:55 am

tales from the crypt.

Lucio Fulci

Re: TV Talk

Post by Lucio Fulci » Mon May 28, 2007 2:56 am

Tidy bathroom. I usually leave old porn mags scattered around the floor, it takes away the lonliness when i'm dropping a twozie.

Kiriyama

Re: TV Talk

Post by Kiriyama » Mon May 28, 2007 2:57 am

plunderbunnie wrote: Yea.  It definitely won all those awards because it was awful.
He never said that.

Jjp

Re: TV Talk

Post by Jjp » Mon May 28, 2007 2:57 am

Biohazard wrote: Tidy bathroom. I usually leave old porn mags scattered around the floor, it takes away the lonliness when i'm dropping a twozie.
huh?

Lucio Fulci

Re: TV Talk

Post by Lucio Fulci » Mon May 28, 2007 2:59 am

Jjp wrote: huh?
Can I live in your house, I won't murder you or anything, I promise. pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease????

Jjp

Re: TV Talk

Post by Jjp » Mon May 28, 2007 3:01 am

WTF?

Kiriyama

Re: TV Talk

Post by Kiriyama » Mon May 28, 2007 3:02 am

Hahahah. This forum's going insane.

User avatar
plunderbunnie
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1308
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:26 pm
Location: Canada

Re: TV Talk

Post by plunderbunnie » Mon May 28, 2007 3:09 am

visualsynergy wrote: He never said that.
Alright bud, lay off.  You must know what sarcasm is.  Stop just trying to tear everything I say apart because you dislike me.

He made fun of my liking the show with sarcasm.
I responded using sarcasm.
End transmission.
"It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions." - Mark Twain

Lucio Fulci

Re: TV Talk

Post by Lucio Fulci » Mon May 28, 2007 3:12 am

plunderbunnie wrote: Alright bud, lay off.  You must know what sarcasm is.  Stop just trying to tear everything I say apart because you dislike me.

He made fun of my liking the show with sarcasm.
I responded using sarcasm.
End transmission.
Yes but I also complemented your tidy bathroom. It sparkles.

Kiriyama

Re: TV Talk

Post by Kiriyama » Mon May 28, 2007 3:12 am

plunderbunnie wrote: Alright bud, lay off.  You must know what sarcasm is.  Stop just trying to tear everything I say apart because you dislike me.

He made fun of my liking the show with sarcasm.
I responded using sarcasm.
End transmission.
I'm sorry, but these threads don't start and stop with you voicing your opinion and claiming everyone to be inferior to you. Even sarcastically speaking, you were wrong to say that because he stated that the show was cancelled because it was too funny while you replied as if he inferred that it was because the show was awful.

So let's break it down:

You = wrong.
Everyone else= right.

Transmission terminated. (You've been created, severed from life and limb. On the front steps of the universe. Infinitely searching for a warmth......)
Last edited by Kiriyama on Mon May 28, 2007 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucio Fulci

Re: TV Talk

Post by Lucio Fulci » Mon May 28, 2007 3:16 am

I thought the show was awful. You all suck.

User avatar
plunderbunnie
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1308
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:26 pm
Location: Canada

Re: TV Talk

Post by plunderbunnie » Mon May 28, 2007 3:17 am

visualsynergy wrote: I'm sorry, but these threads don't start and stop with you voicing your opinion and claiming everyone to be inferior to you. Even sarcastically speaking, you were wrong to say that because he stated that the show was cancelled because it was too funny while you replied that as if he inferred that it was because the show was awful.

So let's break it down:

You = wrong.
Everyone else= right.

Transmission terminated. (You've been created, severed from life and limb. On the front steps of the universe. Infinitely searching for a warmth......)
Can you hear yourself?  Calling me judgmental when all I'm doing is replying to an obviously sarcastic statement about a tv show I like?
And what does me saying you need to back off have to do with me assuming topics start and end with me?  They'd be pretty boring topics if I was the only one writing in them, now wouldn't they?  I just don't appreciate you criticizing everything i say because you've decided what kind of person I am based on some posts.  You're the one looking down your nose at me and being SO incredibly full of yourself that you don't even realise it.
If you have a problem with my posts ignore them.  I don't have a problem with you, other then you assuming you know a single thing about me.
"It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions." - Mark Twain

Kiriyama

Re: TV Talk

Post by Kiriyama » Mon May 28, 2007 3:21 am

plunderbunnie wrote: Can you hear yourself?  Calling me judgmental when all I'm doing is replying to an obviously sarcastic statement about a tv show I like?
And what does me saying you need to back off have to do with me assuming topics start and end with me?  They'd be pretty boring topics if I was the only one writing in them, now wouldn't they?  I just don't appreciate you criticizing everything i say because you've decided what kind of person I am based on some posts.  You're the one looking down your nose at me and being SO incredibly full of yourself that you don't even realise it.
If you have a problem with my posts ignore them.  I don't have a problem with you, other then you assuming you know a single thing about me.
Let's break this down.

Biohazard said: "That's probably the reason why they cancelled the show, it was just too damn funny."

To which you replied: "Yea.  It definitely won all those awards because it was awful." (in a seemingly sarcastic manner)

To which I then simply replied: "He never said that." Nowhere was I being judgemental or trying to talk about your personal life or being full of myself. I was merely correcting you because you were wrong.

And that's when you started getting defensive and told me to lay off and yada yada yada, and tried to imply that I didn't know what sarcasm was because you were wrong. No need to go into a long-ass rant and try to take your problems out on me simply because I'm right and you're not. There's nothing personal about it. Just deal with it. Thank you.

User avatar
plunderbunnie
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1308
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:26 pm
Location: Canada

Re: TV Talk

Post by plunderbunnie » Mon May 28, 2007 3:23 am

visualsynergy wrote: Let's break this down.

Biohazard said: "That's probably the reason why they cancelled the show, it was just too damn funny."

To which you replied: "Yea.  It definitely won all those awards because it was awful." (in a seemingly sarcastic manner)

To which I then simply replied: "He never said that." Nowhere was I being judgemental or trying to talk about your personal life or being full of myself. I was merely correcting you because you were wrong.

And that's when you started getting defensive and told me to lay off and yada yada yada, and tried to imply that I didn't know what sarcasm was because you were wrong. No need to go into a long-ass rant and try to take your problems out on me simply because I'm right and you're not. There's nothing personal about it. Just deal with it. Thank you.
You're assuming that hes not being sarcastic?  Well, to many people, including myself, it was obvious that he was.  And, since you are very vocal about disliking me, I was defensive to you, because i assumed you were attacking me.
If I was wrong, he can say, "whoa, chill out!  I wasent trying to be an ass!"  To which I would say that I was sorry and that I misunderstood him.
I didnt need you coming in and acting like Im a prick.
"It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions." - Mark Twain

Kiriyama

Re: TV Talk

Post by Kiriyama » Mon May 28, 2007 3:27 am

plunderbunnie wrote: You're assuming that hes not being sarcastic?  Well, to many people, including myself, it was obvious that he was.  And, since you are very vocal about disliking me, I was defensive to you, because i assumed you were attacking me.
If I was wrong, he can say, "whoa, chill out!  I wasent trying to be an ass!"  To which I would say that I was sorry and that I misunderstood him.
I didnt need you coming in and acting like Im a prick.
Um, no. You're not reading my posts. His statement was that the show was cancelled because it was too funny, and you replied to his post inferring that he said the show was cancelled because it was awful, which isn't what he said so it made no sense even if you were being sarcastic. I never said that I disliked you; I know nothing about you and could care less about what you do in your day to day life, but you were wrong to assume that I was "attacking" you just because I corrected your statement on an internet forum. It seems like you have some kind of extreme defense mechanism where you start lashing out at people even when they have no bad intent towards you, and I think that's something maybe you should deal with instead of saying I'm full of myself just because I disagree with what you say or question your statements. If you call me voicing the truth acting like a prick, then so be it.

User avatar
plunderbunnie
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1308
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:26 pm
Location: Canada

Re: TV Talk

Post by plunderbunnie » Mon May 28, 2007 3:42 am

visualsynergy wrote: Um, no. You're not reading my posts. His statement was that the show was cancelled because it was too funny, and you replied to his post inferring that he said the show was cancelled because it was awful, which isn't what he said so it made no sense even if you were being sarcastic.
I said WE were being sarcastic.  Ie, I say I like show (honest), he dosent, so says, yea, its so great it got cancelled (probably sarcasm), I respond with sarcasm.  That was it.
I never said I disliked you
sooo...what does this quote mean?
Yada yada yada yada I'm a slutty whoreface mcwhore whore who likes to drink alcohol and brag about how I get drunk and chill with my friends on an anonymous internet forum to feel superior and laugh at all these movie nerds who've never gotten drunk or had sex with anyone but themselves. Fuck the Mayan culture and fuck guys because everyone's a repressed homosexual. And fuck beautiful people and fuck people who appreciate them. Fuck fuck fuck.

I'm gonna go listen to some Melissa Etheridge and emote on my MySpace blog about how lesbians are the best thing eva. <333333333
Thats what I say to people that I feel no bad feelings towards at all.
but you were wrong to assume that I was "attacking" you just because I corrected your statement on an internet forum
You flipped out at me already, as shown above, why wouldnt I be a bit defensive about other times when you nitpick over stuff not even directed at you?
It seems like you have some kind of extreme defense mechanism where you start lashing out at people even when they have no bad intent towards you,
Once again, read your post.  You were the one lashing out at first, I just got defensive after being attacked, which is pretty normal behavior.
If you call me voicing the truth acting like a prick, then so be it.
I said you were acting like I was a prick.  Now who's not reading who's posts?
"It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions." - Mark Twain

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests