Photography topic

So I think photography is a really huge influence for cinema. That’s why I guess some people here wanna talk about it and have things to share.

I first began to speak about it in the Sofia Coppola topic. So I post again the link of the French fashion photographer of the 70’s, Guy Bourdin : http://www.guybourdin.org/

Another famous fashion photographer of the 70’s, Helmut Newton : http://user.tninet.se/~ryk484d/newton/newton.htm

There a lot of photographer we can talk about. If you wanna know some French ones, there are of course : Robert Doisneau, Robert Capa, Brassaï, Bouba, Henri Cartier-Bresson.

Man Ray is also amazing. http://www.manray-photo.com/catalog/index.php

Weegee is a famous influence for the film noir style and photography, he worked for the cinema as DP. <LINK_TEXT text=“http://museum.icp.org/museum/collection … al/weegee/”>http://museum.icp.org/museum/collections/special/weegee/</LINK_TEXT>

If you love Kate Moss, I have some links somewhere in my computer with a huge collection of pics. There is one for example this site : http://www.famousbabes.com/kate/kmpics1.htm

Let’s share photography you like…

I am a huge Bresson fan 8)

I love how he captures pictures that feel surrealistic but are real…

Cartier-Bresson is a really amazing photographer. A lot of pics in paris by French photographer are in the same time surrealistic but real.

If you love surrealistic pics, watch some by Man Ray :wink:

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Cartier-Bresson is a really amazing photographer. A lot of pics in paris by French photographer are in the same time surrealistic but real.

If you love surrealistic pics, watch some by Man Ray :wink:
[/quote]

Ow yeah!! I love him!! :stuck_out_tongue: Wonderful pictures!!

I could have bet it :smiley:

Did you know he inspired the real killer of The Black Dahlia ? The man was fan of his work. I read it in The Black Dahlia advenger by Steve Hodel (great book), I can find the pics of the murder and the photography by Man Ray if you wanna compare the both.

I didn’t know that!! I would love to see that! Such a cool topic 8)

No problem, I’ll scan it as soon as I’ve got time (and I have some other Marie-Antoinette pics to scan too :wink:). I recommand you the book too if you love The Black Dahlia. It explains everything. The guy, Steve Hodel, a former cop, discovered his father killed Betty Short, and a lot of others women at the time (and there a lot of chances he killed the mother of James Ellroy !) Pretty weird, and so exciting to read.

[quote=“Seth_Gecko (TAFKATIG)”]
I am a huge Bresson fan 8)

I love how he captures pictures that feel surrealistic but are real…

[/quote]

wow, amazing photos!

but just to show you how big of a perfectionist i am, i think it's too bad that in the first pic the bridge crosses with the head of the woman, if the bridge started right above her head it would be perfect, if that happend in my film, i'd reshoot the whole thing :P

Johny!! You totally ruined the picture for me now!! Can’t help but get irritated by that exact same thing now you have mentioned it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Lili!! Looking forward to that!! I will check it out!! I need to check out soooo many books!! Going insane :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Lili!! Looking forward to that!! I will check it out!! I need to check out soooo many books!! Going insane :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

You’re welcome. There are a lot of books I’m looking forward too but haven’t the time to read everything.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
You’re welcome. There are a lot of books I’m looking forward too but haven’t the time to read everything.
[/quote]

Buying books would be a good thing if one could also buy the time to read them in: but as a rule the purchase of books is mistaken for the appropriation of their contents. - Arthur Schopenhauer :smiley: ;D

I buy far more books than I can read :stuck_out_tongue: My dad also has like a huge collection, which I need to dig in more often…ow time!!!

Johny!! You totally ruined the picture for me now!! Can’t help but get irritated by that exact same thing now you have mentioned it! :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

haha it’s a bitch ain’t it, i have that with everything, if i take a picture the set-up takes like an hour, i don’t want anything to get infront of anything, everything has to be seperate

My dad also has like a huge collection, which I need to dig in more often…ow time!!!
[/quote]

So has mine. I love it. I can read so much and I could read a lot so young :smiley:

yeah its great to be able to walk in your dads library and just look for something you are in the mood for :smiley:

[quote]haha it’s a bitch ain’t it, i have that with everything, if i take a picture the set-up takes like an hour, i don’t want anything to get infront of anything, everything has to be seperate[/quote]

I am FAR to antsy to be busy an hour for one photo…but I hate it when it doesnt look fucking perfect…

yay! Photograpghy! I know this awesome american photographer (well, i dont KNOW her)but i cant remember her name right now. so annoying. I like those Bresson pics btw :smiley: I used to do some photography myself, but i wasnt any good though :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Luxie”]
yay! Photograpghy! I know this awesome american photographer (well, i dont KNOW her)but i cant remember her name right now. so annoying. I like those Bresson pics btw :smiley: I used to do some photography myself, but i wasnt any good though :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

yes you are!! :smiley:

yes you are!! :smiley:
[/quote]

No, i was so and so! You are being to nice here! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Luxie”]
No, i was so and so! You are being to nice here! :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Well what I have seen of what you made was very good! :smiley: I liked it a lot :smiley:

Well what I have seen of what you made was very good! :smiley: I liked it a lot :smiley:
[/quote]

Thanx, hihihih! :smiley: ;D

[/quote]

Can you post some then Luxie ? I haven’t seen them :smiley: