WELCOME, INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE (if you're new)

This is the topic where the newcomers can come in and tell us a little about themselfs. But that’s all it’s for. I don’t want to see any comments about anyone, good or bad. Infact, anything in this thread that isn’t an introduction will be removed. Also, please don’t introduce yourself if you’ve been a member of tarantino.info for over two months. If you’d like to get acquainted with the rules of this forum and how/why topics and posts get removed, then read the Board Rules.

2 Likes

I found some old (hehehe some are really old!) topics with some short intros. Here we go:

Cipher_Born:

Just wanted to introduce myself to the board and thought I would use the Chat Lounge for it.

Here goes…

I’m Cipher Born and I’m from Antwerp-Belgium and yeah…ofcourse a QT fan…

Frdge_buzz_now:

I just joined…how’s it going?

Shaolin:

Hey all, This is my first post, although I have been lurking for a few weeks. I’m female, probably a bit older than some people here, but Kill Bill is by far my new favorite movie. I’ve seen it three times with a 4th possibly coming tomorrow night. I thought it was freaking brilliant and am counting the days until part II. Hope nobody minds if I enter in on some topics…

Peace.

Scarface:

This is my first ever post on this board and I must say, I’ve finally found the right place to talk with fellow Tarantino fans like myself. Congratulations to Sebastian on an awesome site. I’ve been comin’ on it for quite some time now in order to check out the updates on the coolest movie which will be released this year (try an’ guess which movie I’m talkin’ about ), and I finally decided to register on the forum. Lookin’ forward to talkin’ with ya all.

xxplosif1:

I’m new on this board, been reading it for about 2 months and it’s really nice, lots of infos. I found it while i was doing some “searching” about tarantino on Google.com

I’m a big tarantino fan, especially for JB and RD.

Btw, where are yoy guys at? England? I’m in Montréal.

Later.

Cinema:

WHAT’S UP EVERY ONE IM NEW TO THE FORUM…

MY NAME IS SERGIO I LIVE IN PHOENIX, IWAS BORN IN MEXICO,GREW UP IN SO.CA

JUST TRYING TO DO MY MOVIE THING HERE IN AZ

ANY OF YOU MAKE MOVIES?

FRESH FORUM

Some are from 2002!

AidanZon:

First time poster, saying hey.

I figured I would make a hello topic of some sorts.

Also I’m writing a book/movie script, and was wondering if anyone would read the first part (first book/film) and critic it. so I can improve it. If you want to just reply here with a contact or email so i can send you a digital copy.

Thanks again and I plan on being a active member.

Jules_Winfield:

My name is Nikola and im from Yugoslavia but live in a shitty place called Cyprus.

I like rap and trance and some good rock stuff. So you could say that i like lots of music but mainly rap.

Umm, My favorite director is Stanley Kubrick and my favorite films are Taxi Driver, One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest and 2001: A Space Odyssey (apart from Pulp which in my no. 1)

Other directors i like are Martin Scorsese, David Lean, Sergio Leone, P.T. Anderson, Ingmar Bergman, Akira Kurosawa and Milos Forman.

My real hobby is watching and analysing films. My dream and future is to be an actor and director although in the past few years the latter has been emphasised a lot.

I like to play basketball, draw, watch the World Cup (which is very soon ) and write screenplays.

Toothpick:

Im from Massachusetts USA Im a big music fan, I collect music so I listen to everything from blues to electronica. Some of my favorite bands are : The Beastie Boys, Beck, The Clash, David Bowie, Stevie Ray Vaughan, P Funk, 80s New Wave and more.

My favorite directors: Martin Scorsese, Brian DePalma, Orson Welles, Stanley Kubrick, Howard Hawks, Jean Luc Godard, Akira Kurosawa, The Coen Bros, Sergio Leone, Mario Bava.

Some of my favorite films : The Godfather, Apocalypse Now, Blow Out, Taxi Driver, The Seven Samurai, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Breathless… more.

My hobbies : Film (collecting and reading about film history), Collecting music, skiing, designing websites and graphic art.

I became a fan of Quentin Tarantino after seeing Reservoir Dogs in 1992. Ever since Ive been following his career and watching his films and his other projects. The reason I like QTs films is because I feel that he has brought back true cinema to film. Hes sort of a mix of all my favorite directors rolled into one. From the B movie directors to directors like Scorsese and Kubrick. His films excite me and I hope he keeps making them for a long time.

Bill:

Hi, I’m from Los Angeles, CA.

I groove on many different types of music. Some of the more important bands to me are: Black Sabbath, Van Halen, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Air and The Cure.

My Favorite directors are: Alan Parker, Abel Ferrara, Sam Peckinpah, PT Anderson, Martin Scorsese, and Orson Welles.

Some of my favorite films are: The Thing (1984) version, Clockwork Orange, Appocalaypse Now, Bad Lieutenant, Angel Heart, The Wild Bunch, Hard Eight (Sydney), and Raging Bull.

I was in film school when Pulp Fiction came out and exploded. Everyone and their mother tried to make a Tarantino film at school after that. There were a ton of horrible attempts. It was pretty amazing being there are that time though, because it just seemed like a new era was finding its legs in independant cinema. You just got this feeling, the indy filmmaker had a serious chance against the studio boys from that point on. Us future filmmakers really felt Tarantino gave us a little more hope that we could make it.

Anyway, I write scripts, play soccer and tennis, and party with the ladies hard into the Los Angeles night every weekend. Peace.

And:

Tony_Rocky_Horro:

Well, since I’ve been around here for some time now, I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to do a brief introduction on myself…my name is Erik, and I’m a 20-year-old geek from a tiny European country named Belgium. I graduated from college in June (I studied journalism), at the moment I’m working at a movie magazine for a month, after that I think I’ll take some time off to come as close to becoming El Duderino as I possibly can

Musicwise, I’m mostly into the brilliant Radiohead as well as Sigur Ròs, The Doors, The Cure and Pink Floyd. Other than that, I’m a huge movie buff above all. My favourite directors include Stanley Kubrick, F.F. Coppola, Neil LaBute, Coen brothers, Sam Mendes (well, based on his debut movie, but what a glorious one it is), Tom Tykwer, Alejandro Amenabar and yeah, the best ever, our man Quentin

There’s a list of my favourite movies up at another topic, but just to provide a brief summary: The Shawshank Redemption, Twelve Monkeys, Fight Club, The Big Lebowski, American Beauty, The Usual Suspects, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Dangerous Liaisons, The Shining, Tesis, Fearless and Lola Rennt are some of my most-loved movies.

I suppose that covers most of it…ramblers, let’s get rambling

AlexMWard:

My name is Alex Ward and I’m originally from Santa Barbara, CA. I just graduated with a film degree from UC Berkeley and am starting up my MA program in Film Critical Studies at UCLA this fall.

My top 3 musicians are Beck, Nina Simone and Rufus Wainwright.

My 3 favorite non-QT directors are Francois Truffaut, Joel Coen and Paul Thomas Anderson.

My 3 favorite non-QT movies are The 400 Blows, Magnolia and oh, let’s say Fargo.

My hobbies include DV shooting/editing, writing, piano, and travel - 19 countries so far.

well since the other topic got deleted, i’ll re-introduce myself:

i’m asian, probably the only one in this forum, i’m a six footer, i play ball, hockey, tennis, and soccer, i didn’t count pool, bowling, and air hockey cause they don’t make me sweat, i like all kinds of music 'cept pop and country, my favorites are classic rock (ie the beatles) and hip-hop (mostly west coast shit and underground stuff, i used to like mainstream rap, but mainstream music nowadays suck ass), i love movies especially martial arts, action, and gangster movies… i choose the username cross0ver because that’s my favorite move in b-ball, and that’s what i do to defenders, i cross them up 'til they can’t get up 8)… i like QT, he’s a very good director/writer, my favorite movie of his is reservoir dogs, i don’t really know why, maybe because that was the movie that got me into QT… i don’t really want to type anymore, but what i wrote is pretty much me in relation to this forum and topic, i didn’t include alot of personal stuff, not that y’all care anyways ;D…

1 Like

Sorry if I removed anyone’s post. But, might I remind everyone, please read ALL the rules of this specific thread. Nothing but introductions will be accepted, and only NEWCOMERS can post here. If you want to introduce yourself in another thread, please post in the topic above this one.

I am sugar.

My likes: movies, music, computers, the Internet, gelato and QT.

My dislikes: shallow and stupid people, QT-haters, burnt toast, too many emoticons, teenyboppers and spammers.

Hello all!

Im Dutchess. Born and raised in Amsterdam, Holland. I am female, 28 yo.

I like movies, Internet, I love to love and I like a good long hot summer, which I am hoping we will get here again in Holland, just like last year. And I love French Fries which I prefer to drown in mayonaise. ;D

I hate the smell of papricachips, bad weather, men’s feet and the German language.

Toodles!

Please allow me to introduce myself.

New here.

The name is Roz. I’m 18 years old. I live in a shitty town in Southern California. I enjoy music, movies, sleep and road trips to Hollywood. I don’t know what I want to do with the rest of my life, but I’m okay with that. Gotta love QT of course. Some of my favorite musical artists are Elliott Smith, Mindless Self Indulgence and the Deftones.

And yeah. ;D

Obviously I’m “Mageboom,” a character’s last name I picked up from a Philip K Dick novel of mine. I’m 18 and I’ve been a QT fan since From Dusk Till Dawn came out. Favorite flick of his is probably Pulp Fiction with Kill Bill easily coming into number two. I haven’t seen 'Volume 2 yet but it’s just come out to theaters. And for anyone who gives a shit, I’m 6’2", ~150-155 lbs, dark hair, blue eyes, was born in Southern California, but right now I’m living in a semi-shitty town in Oregon. Nice to meet all of ya

Hey, I’m newly registered here, although I’ve been lurking for about 2 weeks now. Might as well introduce myself. Name is Mike and I live in northern New Jersey. I’m 23 years old. Big fan of QT (obviously). My fav. movie of his is now Kill Bill, both volumes. Used to be Pulp Fiction.

I guess that’s about it for now, so… hello.

Hey all! :slight_smile:

My name’s Ginger (hense the screen name), but most people call me Ginge, Gin, or G. I’m a 21 year old chick from New Mexico. Which is the worst place ever, btw. I wouldn’t even think of passing through NM while on my way to a better place, let alone settling down here. But I digress…

As for what I like…music, movies, all things Tarantino, geeky stuff, internet, music, music, and more music. Favorite band is The Beatles. I love almost anything retro (60s and 70s, but mostly 60s), and loathe almost everything that’s popular today (IE anything you see on MTV).

And things I don’t like at all whatsoever include racists, sexists, homophobes, bible-thumpers, hypocrites, hateful people, shallow folks, closed-mindedness, teenyboppers, and immature people.

hi all, this is my first post , it wouldve been sooner but ive just came back from okinawa ( i needed a sword) …but actually i have a new favorite fil that being kill bill of course if anyone can give me any heads up on kill bill 2 dvd release or box sets that would be great otherwise lets just shoot the breeze

Hey, I’m Monica (some people call me Mon) I’m mexican, and I’m a 15 year old who lives in a crappy town in Burlington, Washington. I absoulutly love Kill Bill and QT is a GENIUS! Movies I love besides Kill bill are: Once upon a time in mexico, Pulp Fiction, and Ed Wood. The Music I listen to is mostly rap like 50 cent and Eminem.My favorite actor is Johnny Depp and my favorite actress is Natalie Wood. Nice to meet you guys! ;D

Hey, I’m Kuduros my name is basically like Kudos, but with an r and other stuff…Anyways hi all, my favorite movie is Pulp Fiction, one of the best!

Edit-Changed name.

Kunnichiwa. My other favorite directors are Takashi Miike and Jan Svankmajer. My favorite actors are Tadanobu Asano and Kenichi Endo. A few of my favorite films are Ichi the Killer, Battle Royale, Happiness of the Katakuris, Man Bites Dog, Alice, Faust, Azumi, Sharkskin man and peach hip girl, Versus, Visitor Q, and Dead or Alive 2. My favorite QT films are Reservoir dogs and Kill Bill vol.1 & 2. I’m very into Japanese cinema and pretty much everything Japanese. Call me a Japanophile. Please. Now go see Zatoichi.

Hello all, i’m a new guy here. been a keen fan of QT for years, met him at a film festival and he signed some of my laser discs ( yeah i’m old) of dogs and true romance ( i know not stictly one of his favourite movies) , i was impressed at his enthusiasm when he talked to me, average guy , and he tipped me off about a new project he was working on , movie about vampires( dusk till dawn) then i went on to see a preview of pulp fiction. at the time the only stuff in the can had french subtitles. a bit about me, know as ’ hitman John ’ by my friends. ( yeah i got friends in low places), peace all, just don’t owe people money for too long and we are all Kool in the gang.

My name is Derek

I’m a huge Tarantino and Led Zeppelin fan.

My likes are movies, classic rock, some comics.

I’m still in school and enjoy drawing my own characters and making people laugh… I’m a class clown.

I’m Siren, yeah.