Taking video screencaps from dvd

Can someone know how I can capture video from a dvd ?

Maybe my request wasn’t enough clear, that’s why I haven’t answer yet… So I do it again in other words if I can.

I have a dvd player on my computer.OK. I watch one dvd on my computer. OK. Now I want to capture some videos from this dvd on my computer.

Is there a way to do this ? And with what ?

Thanks in advance,

Your help would be very usefull ! :wink:

Which program do you use to play the dvd?

I have Nero Show Time, and the one I use the most, Power DVD.

But I can’t find something to capture videos from my dvd. I know how capture pictures from a dvd, but not videos. I know it’s possible, but how ? and with what ? don’t know … And I’m not bad on my computers !

Good. Power DVD, i use that. Okay on the little menu thing that pops up when you play a dvd, look for the little camera sign, right click it and make sure “capture to file” is ticked. Then go to whatever scene you want to take captures from, and just press C on your keyboard, this will take the captures.

If you can’t see the little camera sign, click the arrows on the menu that are pointing bothways (skin toggle), then you should see it.

Hope this helps, if not IM me and i’ll help you if i can :slight_smile:

OK thx a lot MiaRose ;D

I will try this tonight, and say tomorrow if I have problems or not.

And I hope that it will make it on my french version of Power DVD…

[quote=“MiaRose”]
Good. Power DVD, i use that. Okay on the little menu thing that pops up when you play a dvd, look for the little camera sign, right click it and make sure “capture to file” is ticked. Then go to whatever scene you want to take captures from, and just press C on your keyboard, this will take the captures.

If you can’t see the little camera sign, click the arrows on the menu that are pointing bothways (skin toggle), then you should see it.

Hope this helps, if not IM me and i’ll help you if i can :slight_smile:
[/quote]

doesn’t that just capture pictures?

I just check what you say me MiaRose, and like Johny_Exhale notice : it just capture pictures ! So I know how to do this …

I want to know how to capture videos :-</E>

Not sure actually…lol

If that doesn’t work, try downloading #1 DVD Ripper or something like that, that will put the dvd onto your computer as a video file…

I have a DVD ripper but it doesn’t make DVD files as video files, and never heard about…

Doesn’t have anyone another solution, plz ? :-</E>

Well, with my dvd ripper, i set it to rip as a mpeg file, which plays on windows media player… sorry i can’t be more help :’(

OK I looked for it on my computer, but couldn’t find. So what’s your DVD ripper ? and how do you do that exactly ?