FEMALE TARANTINO FANS

The off-topic chat lounge
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Re: FEMALE TARANTINO FANS

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:54 pm

Yeah.  It always shocks me when I mention the name Quentin Tarantino around this town, and maybe 1 out of 10 people even know who he is.  And it's always a guy that knows QT's work.  People here are soooo stupid.  It makes me want to slash my own wrists.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

FoxForceFive
Real McCoy

Post by FoxForceFive » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:06 pm

Geoi wrote: People here are soooo stupid.  It makes me want to slash my own wrists.
...then you go and watch a QT movie and realise there's still a reason to live!  Sounds just like where I live too.  I love my friends to death but they have shit taste in movies.  They made me watch Footloose on Friday night - why? Because my friend thinks her boyfriend looks like Kevin Bacon   >:(

eazye
Hard Drinker

Post by eazye » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:17 pm

The only chick flick I have EVER liked is The Sweetest Thing. Won't even waste my time. I LOVE turning other chicks on to Quentin and often judge them depending on if they like him or not!!
Eazy

Animations provided by MySpaceAnimations.com

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:19 am

FoxForceFive wrote: ...then you go and watch a QT movie and realise there's still a reason to live!  Sounds just like where I live too.  I love my friends to death but they have shit taste in movies.  They made me watch Footloose on Friday night - why? Because my friend thinks her boyfriend looks like Kevin Bacon    >:(
Yes!  I watch something QT at LEAST twice a week, not including things on youtube.  All my friends loved Superbad and Knocked-Up, but I just wanted to gouge my own eyeballs out of my head with a red-hot iron spoon when I watched them. 

Anyway, it is a shame that most people are so dim. 
eazye wrote: The only chick flick I have EVER liked is The Sweetest Thing. Won't even waste my time. I LOVE turning other chicks on to Quentin and often judge them depending on if they like him or not!!
Haha.  That's funny.  I don't even bother with most chicks.  They're mostly all just shallow bitches, worried only about what guys think about them. 

As far as chick flicks go, I actually have a weakness for Love Actually, and Music and Lyrics myself.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:38 am

We should start a chick gang.  Tarantino's Girls.  Cos chicks that love QT movies are a special breed, and few and far between.

Kilgore Trout

Post by Kilgore Trout » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:23 pm

Geoi wrote: We should start a chick gang.  Tarantino's Girls.  Cos chicks that love QT movies are a special breed, and few and far between.
can I join?  I'm actually a Lesbian trapped in a man's body.

FoxForceFive
Real McCoy

Post by FoxForceFive » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:34 pm

Kilgore Trout wrote: can I join?  I'm actually a Lesbian trapped in a man's body.
Ok, but you'll have to wear a dress  ;)

StrawBerry_Angel
Hard Drinker

Post by StrawBerry_Angel » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:44 am

lol

I like some chick flicks and have to agree with Geoi that Love Actually is a great film. I am a sucker for Hugh Grant lol and all he really does is chick flicks so i have most of his movies aswell.

My friend wanted me to go and see Sex and the City with her i was like errrr no lol and then she said i have some new movies to watch i asked what and it was all the Bring it on movies. I ran for the hills lol
I think it was being brought up with 3 brothers that defined my taste in movies.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah that's easy for you to say, you're Mr. White, you have a cool sounding name. All right look if it's no big deal to be Mr. Pink, do you wanna trade?"

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:20 am

Kilgore Trout wrote: can I join?  I'm actually a Lesbian trapped in a man's body.
Sweet.  I'm actually a gay guy trapped in a woman's body.

Kilgore Trout

Post by Kilgore Trout » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:30 pm

StrawBerry_Angel wrote: lol

I like some chick flicks and have to agree with Geoi that Love Actually is a great film. I am a sucker for Hugh Grant lol and all he really does is chick flicks so i have most of his movies aswell.

My friend wanted me to go and see Sex and the City with her i was like errrr no lol and then she said i have some new movies to watch i asked what and it was all the Bring it on movies. I ran for the hills lol
I think it was being brought up with 3 brothers that defined my taste in movies.
I like Hugh Grant too.  I'm secretly a black hooker in need of crack trapped in an attractive Greek male's body!

FoxForceFive
Real McCoy

Post by FoxForceFive » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:44 pm

Kilgore Trout wrote: I'm actually a Lesbian trapped in a man's body.
Kilgore Trout wrote: I'm secretly a black hooker in need of crack trapped in an attractive Greek male's body!
- wow, you're really confused, aren't you!?
StrawBerry_Angel wrote:
Love Actually is a great film. I am a sucker for Hugh Grant
I can't stand Hugh Grant or any Richard Curtis movie. Luckily Britain has a new export in Simon Pegg to demonstrate that we're not all snotty nosed toffs like Hugh Grant.  I must admit though, I am a sucker for Sex and the City. 

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:41 pm

I know Nick and Simon and Edgar!  I'm building Nick's new fansite actually.  He's totally amped about it.

FoxForceFive
Real McCoy

Post by FoxForceFive » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:07 pm

Yeah, I saw your pictures of Nick Frost.  That's cool how do you know them?  I'm not that big a fan of Nick Frost (I loved him in Shaun of the Dead but I don't really like a lot of his other stuff) but I love Simon Pegg - can't wait to see his new movie.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:18 pm

I was a mod at Nick's other fansite, and then met them in person on their hot fuzz tour.  Really nice blokes.  I keep in contact with them now,, well, not Edgar.  I think I put Edgar off that night cos I was sooo excited to meet Nick I sort of skipped Edgar for the most part.  But I chat with Nick and Simon.  Moreso Nick though.  I love Nick.  He's so awesome.  He's definitely my favourite actor ever.

But Simon's really really cool too.  I don't really see the physical attraction to him that a lot of girls have, but that's not saying he's not one of the most awesome and brilliant and talented guys in the world!

Have you seen Manstrokewoman?  It was on BBC3.

FoxForceFive
Real McCoy

Post by FoxForceFive » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:21 pm

Geoi wrote: Have you seen Manstrokewoman?  It was on BBC3.
Yeah I saw some of it but didn't like it much.  I think it had something to do with Nick Frost looking like one of my friends ex-boyfriends - he was such a wanker. 

eazye
Hard Drinker

Post by eazye » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:28 am

Dudes, please just be dudes! And recognize us and hit on us. No dudes in lez bodies, lady fans need MEN...K?
Eazy

Animations provided by MySpaceAnimations.com

AvaLorei
Cowardly Lion

Post by AvaLorei » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:09 am

Hi. :] my name is Jasmine, and I first got into 'Tarantino's films starting with Kill Bill about a year ago, I was very much attracted to the idea that woman do actually have the ability to kick some ass if they had the desire to, rather than just getting pushed around by a bunch of serial killing rapists, and mucho men.

Then I started watching some of his other films (I could only see them when they came on T.V, cause well I wasn't old enough to go hire them out. ;P) and I thoroughly enjoyed Pulp Fiction, which I think was shown last year also.

Anyway, I haven’t been a fan for that long, I've only seen two of his films, but the ones I have seen have been remarkable, the dialog, direction and also the soundtrack. (which IMO is one of the most important parts in a movie, unfortunately not everyone in the film industry thinks so, so most of their films drop like a pile of already cracked rocks)

So yeah, I'll stop babbling now. 

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:00 pm

Welcome Jasmine.  Are they really strict about the age ratings in New Zealand?  I know you guys have a different ratings system than we do here in the US.  Here you can watch QT movies without an adult at 17, while I think you have to be 18 over there.  Right?  You could always steal your parents' credit card, and order movies off the internet.  ;D

AvaLorei
Cowardly Lion

Post by AvaLorei » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:59 am

Haha yeah, it's 18 over here. It's not that I havn't tried, believe me. :P

I like the anticipation heh.

Mψstery
Kiddo

Post by Mψstery » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:32 pm

Hi all! My name is Alyona (you can call me Alex =).

I wouldn't call myself a fan, I don't like this word. I'm a Tarantino admirer. The main thing I like about his movies is that special atmosphere that no director has ever managed to create. And, of course, the music! The soundtracks are simply stunning! QT must have perfect musical taste.

Gaiea
Kiddo

Post by Gaiea » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:27 pm

Geoi wrote: I was a mod at Nick's other fansite, and then met them in person on their hot fuzz tour.  Really nice blokes.  I keep in contact with them now,, well, not Edgar.  I think I put Edgar off that night cos I was sooo excited to meet Nick I sort of skipped Edgar for the most part.  But I chat with Nick and Simon.  Moreso Nick though.  I love Nick.  He's so awesome.  He's definitely my favourite actor ever.

But Simon's really really cool too.  I don't really see the physical attraction to him that a lot of girls have, but that's not saying he's not one of the most awesome and brilliant and talented guys in the world!

Have you seen Manstrokewoman?  It was on BBC3.
Okay, I am MONTHS late on this obviously, but you, Miss Geoi, are my new best friend.  Not only do you adore QT's work, but you also recognize the awesomeness that is Nick Frost and Simon Pegg.  Score nine million points for you.  ;D

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:42 pm

Right on!  I was falling behind in points! Ta!

Hey, we both have names that start with G and have nothing but vowels!  And we're both born in August!  Score nine million points for you too!

Gaiea
Kiddo

Post by Gaiea » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:54 pm

Woohoo!

That combination makes us a rare breed indeed.  I went around excitedly telling people that Simon and Nick are/will be filming in our state (New Mexico), and everyone was like "...who and who?"  Imbeciles.  This is why I'm moving to the UK.

Well, that's not really the reason.  But still, how could people not know?  I pity them.  :-\

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:23 pm

I know!  I get so tired of having to explain who they are!  I'm anxiously awaiting Paul too!  I live in Texas, and ifwhen Nick tells me it's ok, I'm going to drive over to NM and visit.

Gaiea
Kiddo

Post by Gaiea » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:02 pm

ENVY!  So so so much envy! 

It's nuts because I've been waiting anxiously awaiting for those two to hook up again, so needless to say I flipped when I first heard about Paul.  But when I stumbled across Simon Pegg on "Friday Night with Jonathan Ross" and he said they would be filming in NM....wow.  Words cannot describe.

...I may or may not have peed the pants a little. Mmhm.  8)

Eastern Beauty
Fucking Professional

Post by Eastern Beauty » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:04 pm

Hey! Goei found a friend :D
Anybody here remember me? Anyone?!

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:38 pm

LOL :P

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:42 pm

It must be Love...  ;D

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:04 pm

Gee you're funny. :|

Gaiea
Kiddo

Post by Gaiea » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:14 am

Aw. As if Geoi making friends is a major milestone.

...or is it? 

;)