Female tarantino fans

We have at least SOME female Tarantino fans amongst us.

I think it is very cool that this obviously male-dominated movie genre has some female fans.

It would be cool if these women could introduce themselves here and tell us what their opinion about it is, and how they got into Tarantino.

I wish there would be more girls in here, would be interesting to have some female opinions about the “pussy” scene in Kill Bill for example :slight_smile:

We definitely need many more girls in here.

This is Toothpick Vic Vega sendin a big shout out:

MUCH LOVE TO OUR SISTA TARANTINO-ITES

Dont be afraid to speak up and let us know your part of the club. :slight_smile:

Well what can I say?

Only that I saw Reservoir Dogs almost a year ago and it completely changed my view of film. I just remember sitting there in my room watching my little TV, completely enthralled. I’d never seen anything like it! The rest is history.

I also credit that film with introducing me to my favourite actor, Tim Roth, and the sexiest character in a film EVER: Mr. Orange.

Anyway, I went on to seek out Tarantino’s other movies but RD remains my personal favourite…I’m just really annoyed that the new DVD doesn’t seem to be available in England >:(

Uma Thurman is very cool and just incredibly beautiful (I’m so jealous! :slight_smile: ) and if she wants to go ahead and show her pussy to the world, all respect to her…but I have serious doubts that that’s going to get past the censors…

Right, I’ve gone on long enough, it’s someone else’s turn!

[quote]

…and if she wants to go ahead and show her pussy to the world, all respect to her…but I have serious doubts that that’s going to get past the censors…

[/quote]

At least in Japan it’ll get censored :wink:

Welcome aboard, BTW!

well, since that new resdogs dvd is fucked up anyway…

in Britain you got another special edition which is not THAT full of extras but has some deleted scenes and all.

check out www.amazon.co.uk for that

be cool

Reservoir Dogs DVD sucked majorly…

I mean, it was a waste of time…did any you guys happen to watch the part, “Reservoir Dogs Style Guide” which was just a cheap montage under a minute that was just plain pointless???

And uh, since this is a supposed to be a post about female fans…

Go Tarantino Chicks

I first became a fan like so many others when I saw Pulp Fiction. After that, whenever I saw his name in a film I picked it up or went to go see it.

Pulp Fiction is one of my favorite movies of all time, there’s nothing like it! I was hooked, and then he did Jackie Brown. I am now and forever his bitch (if he’ll have me) :wink:

I thought Jackie Brown surpassed Pulp IMO (female perspective now) for one reason only… Pam Grier, she kicked ass in this movie. It was the first time I had seen a heroin like Jackie Brown. She manipulated and dominated every man in the movie so subtely and with such ease! It was hillarious seeing Ordell, the ATF guy, and Max under her spell! And the characters were so rounded and unique that now I just watch it just for them.

QT said exactly why I love this movie in his interview on the DVD. he said something like, he wanted people to watch it over and over again just to hang out with Melanie and the gang.

I cant comment on the Kill Bill pussy thing… because I am trying not to read too much about it… I want to see the film without reading too many spoilers. But if someone will explain the scene I’ll be happy to give my opinion on it!

Well, the ‘pussy scene’ takes place when The Bride is lying in her coma. Her personal caretaker at the hospital takes advantage of her situation and uses her as a prostitute. In this particular scene, two potential customers walk into her hospital room, and Uma’s male nurse lifts up her garment to show ‘the merchandise’ to the two guys. Reading the script, one gets the impression that we’ll get a relatively close look at The Bride’s blonde pussy.

…hence, ‘the pussy scene’. :wink:

Well, more power to her! I dont think showing her pussy is anymore degrading or shocking than showing your her breasts. Its all skin! I read somewhere (on this site I’m sure) he was trying to keep the rating R not going over into NC-17 so I wonder how that scene will actually play out on film.

[quote]Well, more power to her! I dont think showing her pussy is anymore degrading or shocking than showing your her breasts.  Its all skin! I read somewhere (on this site I’m sure) he was trying to keep the rating R not going over into NC-17 so I wonder how that scene will actually play out on film.
[/quote]

I dont think QTs gonna be able to show Umas hoo hoo onscreen without getting an NC-17 rating. I mean boobs are one thing, but the hoo hoo is another thing altogether. Id love to see it in all its glory, dont get me wrong, but unless the MPAA are feeling generous and or horny the day they see the film, we aint gonna be seein no Uma hoo hoo.

I think what QT will most likely do is show the truckers and Buck lookin at her kitty from her POV. Or they will just show Buck lifting up the sheet and the truckers just staring at something under the blanket. BUT, lets hope we can see a sec or two of Umas lovely beaver! :slight_smile:

Howdy all. I first saw Pulp Fiction at the beginning of this year; well, some of it at least. I was able to watch right up to Mia’s overdose scene before I had to be dragged off on some errand and never got to see the end of it. Every time I went to Blockbuster, all the PF VHS and DVDs were completely wiped out. Medieval torture devices weren’t this cruel. It was only a few weeks ago that I finally saw the masterpiece in its entirety, and it was damn well worth the wait. I also had the fortune to see Reservoir Dogs, which I’m currently trying to pool my money together to buy. (I agree Ruthie, Tim Roth is dead sexy ;D) And Quentin could father my children anytime.

If it’s just a quickie bush shot, I don’t think the MPAA will get too hyper about it. But the second the camera starts to linger…

-Jez

wow! another woman in here! that’s great. They are indeed out there, those female Quentin fans…

Welcome to the board KorovaJezebel!

(I agree Ruthie, Tim Roth is dead sexy ) And Quentin could father my children anytime

Hurrah! I knew I wasn’t the only one! ;D And you’re definitely onto something with QT…I don’t know what it is about him, but there’s definitely something going on there, now you mention it :slight_smile:

Welcome to the mad-house, Jez!

Thanks for the warm welcome! :slight_smile:

And thanks for the help in getting here, Sebastian. Now I’m the cookies fuckin’ masta.

-Jez

happy to hear.

the cookies-fuckin-master, got it :wink:

you know, with cookies its like that: a cookie ain’t a cookie, its practically the same sport, but its not the same ballpark. there are cookies and there are cookies…

eventually, I am very happy to have some girls in here, you know. Its a cool thing. Show the guys that we aren’t the only Tarantino people.

Hi, I’m another female Tarantino fan. I’m suprised there aren’t more on here. Most of my female friends are fans.

I first got interested in his films when Reservoir Dogs was first released. It was when I was first getting interested in films and I came across this fascinating magazine article that was describing the movie, it sounded so interesting that I wanted to see it straight away. I was too young at the time to see it in the cinemas, but a couple of years later when I finally managed to get my hands on a copy, I wasn’t disappointed. I’ve been a fan ever since.

I haven’t read the script so I hadn’t heard about the “pussy scene” before. If they show it I probably won’t have a problem with it, but they’ll probably just do a cut away.

Norma,

You were always big, it was the PICTURES that got small.

Welcome to the board :slight_smile:

welcome, Norma!

well there are about 10 women in here I estimate.

if your friends are all friends, just fucking tell them to come in here :wink:

be cool y’all

Hi guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I’ll try to convince my friends to join.

Y Tu Mama Tambien…

The pussy barrier is falling, my friends