Christopher Walken Accidentally Stops Bank Robbery In Arizona

Phoenix, Arizona — According to Fox News, a robber was apprehended today in Phoenix, Arizona after stopping to talk with none other than Christopher Walken.

Phoenix Police Chief Tom Downey told local news station ABC15 about the incident.

“The man had just robbed an ATM located inside a Bank of America, ran out, saw Christopher Walken on the sidewalk and stopped to talk to him. This is when authorities were able to apprehend him.”

Walken, who is in town visiting friends, told reporters about the incident.

“I saw a man. This man was running on the sidewalk, at full speed, right towards me. I could see in his hand, he a bag. He suddenly stopped when he saw me. He asked me if I was the guy that wanted more cowbell? I told him, yes, that was from a comedy sketch I did years ago on Saturday Night Live. He then asked me if I was the army guy who kept a gold watch up my a*s for five years? I told him, yes, that was a scene I did for a movie called Pulp Fiction. He then started started telling me how much he loved me, which was odd because we had just met. Our conversation continued briefly. The man told me that Pulp Fiction was his favorite movie, and some other things, this and that. I was polite, I told him that was very nice of him to say. Then out of nowhere, police showed up and tackled the man,” Walken said. “Some people might call me a hero, but I’m no hero. The real heroes today are the men and women of the Phoenix Police Department.”

36-year-old Phoenix resident Paul Horner was at the ATM when the robbery happened.

“I was just standing behind this guy waiting my turn when suddenly he starts busting in the ATM with all these tools. So he gets it open and fills a bag up with whatever was in the machine, then he runs out the door and down the street,” Horner said. “It happened so fast for me to be scared or even get shaken up about it. What I am shaken up about is that Christopher Walken was the one who stopped this guy and I didn’t get a chance to meet him.” Horner continued, “Christopher Walken is definitely one of my personal heroes and today he was an actual hero for the city of Phoenix. What can’t that living legend do?”

Walken told reporters he will be in Phoenix for a couple weeks.

“I’m here with friends, just visiting, seeing the sights. On the 27th I’m going to a couple things with friends and then around 10PM will probably end up at The Lost Leaf in downtown Phoenix for The Mystery Show. There’s a couple comics playing there that night that I’ve been wanting to see for a while now. It should be a fun time.”

The robber, whose name has not been released yet, was apprehended and taken into police custody. On his person police found tools, a gun and a bag filled with an undisclosed amount of money.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://nbc.com.co/christopher-walken-st … k-robbery/”>nbc.com.co</LINK_TEXT>