Help Crazy Kenneth with his little girl problem, will ya?

The off-topic chat lounge
Scarface
Fucking Professional

Re: Help Crazy Kenneth with his little girl problem, will ya?

Post by Scarface » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:26 pm

Dude, I think you may start to have a serious case of "one-itis". Google it up if you don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

I know, because I have it too. Just don't let it affect your life too much. O0

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:17 pm

I looked it up, read 3 definitions of that, and you know what, damn I think you're right. Maybe she's just that special in my head. And you know what else, there's this other girl where I always felt was an option and she was into me back when we hung out. I haven't spoken to her in like 2 years, but I've just added her on Facebook, she's still solo, I had her as a friend in another social network before...She could be my cure, by only making me realize that the first girl wasn't that special after all. She could be just what I need right now. I will give it a shot and invite her over sometime, or meet at Starbucks or sth.

THANK YOU!

P.S.: I couldn't even really enjoy the Superbowl yesterday because of this shit...

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:28 pm

true story: I just had Sushi down the street, and my fortune cookie read: "You will make a decision for the better".

So there. Even the Japs are on my side.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:08 pm

But, are fortune cookies a Japanese tradition? Here you only get them at Chinese places.

You just have to do what feels right to you, like Ify said. I was trying to give you possibilities from a female point of view. But if you're that ready to just chuck her in the bin, then I guess I didn't even need to throw in my two cents. You know what I'm saying?

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 pm

I love to hear your female perspective. I'm not chucking her in the bin, but I don't want to sob over her like an idiot. I wrote her an e-mail today saying that she should sort out her life (which she told me she wanted to do) and when she has her perspectives clear and knows what she wants in like she can give me a call if she wants to. Too macho? I think I'm being reasonable and fair. This could still happen and it would be amazing if it did. But I can't force anything so I might as well move on for now.

It was a japanese restarant, I like to think both the Japanese and the Chinese are on my side. ;D

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:26 am

No dude, it's not too macho. I just sort of got the feeling that you were ready to give up on her altogether and "use" some other girl who likes you to get it out of your system. I did take that the way any chick would take it, so you can't blame me.

I was just under the impression that you were already emotionally invested in her. If not, then no harm, no foul. You're right. You do what ya gotta do, man. You're a young guy. You have plenty more years left to find that one that you'll finally settle down with. So it's ok to not get caught up on someone who may or may not land on you when her life settles.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:48 am

Shit yeah, I'm emotionally invested in her. I was and I still am. But since she told me what she told me now would be a time to de-invest i guess. I'm doing what feels right :)

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:50 am

Sorry, mate. :-\

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:18 am

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:Sorry, mate. :-\
what, no! I didn't mean it like that. Obviously I gave the wrong impression with what I wrote earlier. But now it should be clear. :)
We cool girl, we cool 8) I'm so happy about your input in this.

cherrydarling
Real McCoy

Post by cherrydarling » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Aww, good luck with it all K. You sound like a really awesome guy, and I hope that one way or another you end up with a nice girl who makes you happy. Don't get too down, coz to me it seems like a bit of a win-win situation. 'Cause as of this moment you guys are still friends (win), then there's the possibilty of a future blossoming(win, again), and YOU'RE STILL GOING TO VEGAS(ding ding ding!) Sorry, I kinda have travel envy atm.

Back to the point, I think you just need to chill and see how everything unfolds, don't spend too much time analysing and agonizing, it never does anybody any good. :)

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:No dude, it's not too macho. I just sort of got the feeling that you were ready to give up on her altogether and "use" some other girl who likes you to get it out of your system. I did take that the way any chick would take it, so you can't blame me.

I was just under the impression that you were already emotionally invested in her. If not, then no harm, no foul. You're right. You do what ya gotta do, man. You're a young guy. You have plenty more years left to find that one that you'll finally settle down with. So it's ok to not get caught up on someone who may or may not land on you when her life settles.
Geoi, it doesn't mean that he has to act like an asshole and bang everything that comes his way. Most of the time, even simple flirting with other girls will help you overcome the problem. The most important thing is that for the moment, he gets his mind off her because it's not healthy when something like this gets in the way of enjoying other aspects of your life, especially when it is something beyond his control (at least, for now).

Believe me, I've had girlfriends and I've been dumped like most guys have. At the time, I was so depressed I even had thoughts of just ending it all (no joke). Today, I realise what a bloody fool I would have been, because I could really give two flying fucks about these girls now. And yet, they're still the same girls I was dating before. I always thought that this one girl is so special, I wouldn't possibly be able to find someone else like her. Until the next one came along.

Kenneth, the worst thing you can do is put a girl on a pedestal because she'll suck all the life out of you. That doesn't mean you have to be an asshole. You just need to put yourself in first place, and that applies for anything you do in your life.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:29 pm

it's Do O'Clock, kenneth

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Sebastian wrote:it's Do O'Clock, kenneth
Bow chicky chicky wow-wow yeeeeeeeeah.

Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:59 am

Col. Crazy Kenneth wrote: I remember when I was your age I hated myself too, but I don't think I had that many issues as you do. Good luck for the future, I guess.
You're the one with issues.

21grams
Basterd

Post by 21grams » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 am

Scarface wrote:
Believe me, I've had girlfriends and I've been dumped like most guys have. At the time, I was so depressed I even had thoughts of just ending it all (no joke).
NEVER SCAR!!! for the future (even if I hope you'll never feel that again) don't forget you've got your French girls on this forum to talk with who'll try to cheer you up. (I put on "s" on French girls because I always include Lili when I talk here that's an habit hehehe I'm sure she feels the same) ;)

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:56 am

21grams wrote: NEVER SCAR!!! for the future (even if I hope you'll never feel that again) don't forget you've got your French girls on this forum to talk with who'll try to cheer you up. (I put on "s" on French girls because I always include Lili when I talk here that's an habit hehehe I'm sure she feels the same) ;)
French girls représentent. ;)

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Thanks girls. I know I can always count on you in time of need. Vive la France! :)

21grams
Basterd

Post by 21grams » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Yeah!! I know that Lili it's 80€/night, flight to Paris not included.

:o (she's gonna kill me)

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Ahaha, yeah cause 80 is pretty cheap for what I worth ;D

21grams
Basterd

Post by 21grams » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:06 am

Yes, that's for sure. And for 40€ extra she will talk to you about Godard's filmography. I add that if you come to Paris for Lili's favours, I will be able to make you a marvellously good caffè, since I bought this goddess :

::)

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:59 pm

You know what, I'm almost tempted. How can one refuse such treatment? ;D

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Haha. I like how Scar just accidentally stole the topic. :laugh:

Sorry Kenneth,, keep us posted, mate.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:53 am

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:Haha. I like how Scar just accidentally stole the topic. :laugh:

Sorry Kenneth,, keep us posted, mate.
hey no biggie, no news atm anyhow. ;D

21grams
Basterd

Post by 21grams » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:02 am

Yep, sorry Kenneth, and Scar we keep up ;D

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:20 pm

21grams wrote:Yep, sorry Kenneth, and Scar we keep up ;D
;)

It's great we have such topics though. Film geeks can have their love problems & tribulations too.

And besides, as strange as it may seem, it's easier to open up with people you do not know personally but can nonetheless give you good life advice.

Out of all the bloody days of the year, I had to bump into my ex with her new boyfriend today - on Valentine's Day, and though I can honestly say that I don't have any feelings for her anymore, it didn't feel good. More of a self-pride thing than anything, I guess.

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:36 pm

I only read this thread quickly and might have missed some things, but I agree with everything Scar said, that's exactly how I see things.

It must suck to bump into an ex girlfriend with her new boyfriend, whether you still have feelings for her or not, or if you're single or not.
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."