Help Crazy Kenneth with his little girl problem, will ya?

The off-topic chat lounge
Mr.Pink

Re: Help Crazy Kenneth with his little girl problem, will ya?

Post by Mr.Pink » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:36 am

Kenneth, can you post some pics of this girl? I want to see if shes hot or not. Or if you even have any pics of her.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:37 pm

cherrydarling wrote:Have you made arrangements for accomodation in Vegas yet? If she wants to stay in the same room as you or a close by room, she's into you. My thought is that if she suggests same room, she's hoping to be your girlfriend by the Vegas trip and is saving herself time by only planning one room for the two of you.

If you think you've been getting mixed signals, she's probably been trying to drop as many hints as she can that she likes you, but then reeling it in at times, out of fear that you're not interested in her, and she doesn't want to look desperate. (Hope that makes sense) What I'm trying to say is, it sounds like you both like each other, but no ones made a move yet. Be bold! Girls love when guys make the first move. If you like her .. tell her. She'll either be ecstatic that you feel the same as her and you'll make a happy couple. Or (if she's a decent girl) she'll be flattered by the suggestion, politely turn you down, and you remain friends. Either way, the attraction must be exciting. I miss the days of having crushes.
good post. we are in the planning stage of the trip. Today I'll met her again. yeah well we would have have one room together, but that is just cost-effective if you ask me. And there is seperate beds in there, so...lol.

Today I shall be bold. Cards on the table.
Mr.Pink wrote:Kenneth, can you post some pics of this girl? I want to see if shes hot or not. Or if you even have any pics of her.
I have pics. I even have pics of us going to a fancy prom-kinda thing. Believe me, I would be proud to show her off, what guy wouldn't want to show off a tall-legged cute blonde, but I do not want to do that. little paranoia there. I even hesitated making this topic.

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:50 pm

Don't post pictures without her consent. Let Pink go on google if he wants to jack off.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:09 pm

BACK FROM THE...THING. you know, with the girl.
(I am a master with words)

Well, that wasn't nearly as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. Just two grown ups laying their cards on the table, saying how they feel about each other. That's the positive side - things are cleared up. The negative is that she told me that she would prefer staying friends, instead of going steady.

She said something like "Who knows what can happen in the future", and "it could happen...", and that right now she needs her life sorted out, which I know sounds like a standard phrase but knowing her situation I can believe it. She also had a nasty break-up which she has just recovered from. (which I knew)

She got wet eyes at one point (which is unusual because she's kind of a hardass) and asked me if we would still stay friends and have fun and everything, and that it would be horrible if she'd loose that, to which I replied without haste "of course, I wouldn't want to loose that either"

I said that I don't know if I can go to Vegas with her for a week, or 10 days, she just being a "very good friend", told her I don't know if I could handle that, given that I have feelings for her. she was incedibly sad about that, she was looking forward to Vegas with me.

I don't know yet if I should go with her. Have to think about this. Sort out my feelings or whatever.

Again, comments from emotionally mature members of the forum are welcome.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:01 pm

I told you it wouldn't be that uncomfortable as long as you're honest. I'm sorry she's not ready for a commitment, but it sounds as if she's really trying to figure things out, and you being her friend is probably helping her a lot. It sounds like you did good, K.

I wouldn't take her to Vegas with you unless she's planning to pay for her own room. Vegas is where shit goes down, (you know what I mean) and you don't wanna have your straight girl "friend" hanging around and ruining your "single man" vibe. If you were going anywhere BUT Vegas, like New York City or something, it would be different because that's a super fun place to go as friends. A lot of things to see and experience. In Vegas, you gamble, drink, and fuck.

So, just go with your gut feeling, and tell her that you can't take her to Vegas with you, but maybe on another trip you'd wanna go somewhere that would be more suitable and enjoyable to take a chick friend.

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Kenneth, first off congratulations on growing the balls to talk to her about the situation. It's always liberating for anybody to do that, even if the answer you receive may not always be to your liking.

From my experience, I can tell you that some girls do not like jumping from one relationship to another right away. They would still be licking the scars from the previous relationship, and the idea of jumping into another one instantly may scare them or would not be appealing, especially if they still have feelings for their ex.

Having said that, don't put too much thought on the "It could happen one day" thing she told you. She may have been just polite with you and careful not to hurt your feelings too much.

All I can tell you is that if you think you are going to obsess over this girl without getting anything back, then it is better to back off a little while you still can. It could really mess you up in the long run. That doesn't mean you should stop seeing her, it means you should hang out with your other friends more. It will also make you more attractive in her eyes - because she'd realise you can have fun even without her. The less needy you present yourself, the more chances you'd have to eventually get her attracted to you.

I know that love's a bitch sometimes, but that's life. You know, I'm in a similar situation as yours right now. I'm in love with this girl at work who I hang out with everyday. And I know she likes me a lot too. Only problem? She's happily married and expecting a baby. So I'm actually in worse shit than you are. :D Having feelings for someone who can't or won't reciprocate them is the worst feeling in the world. We've all been there before, so don't worry. ;)

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:29 pm

thanks you two! :)
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:I told you it wouldn't be that uncomfortable as long as you're honest. I'm sorry she's not ready for a commitment, but it sounds as if she's really trying to figure things out, and you being her friend is probably helping her a lot. It sounds like you did good, K.

I wouldn't take her to Vegas with you unless she's planning to pay for her own room. Vegas is where shit goes down, (you know what I mean) and you don't wanna have your straight girl "friend" hanging around and ruining your "single man" vibe. If you were going anywhere BUT Vegas, like New York City or something, it would be different because that's a super fun place to go as friends. A lot of things to see and experience. In Vegas, you gamble, drink, and fuck.

So, just go with your gut feeling, and tell her that you can't take her to Vegas with you, but maybe on another trip you'd wanna go somewhere that would be more suitable and enjoyable to take a chick friend.
Her plan was to spend time with me during the day and explore Vegas and do fun shit, and at night go out with my (male) friends and me. Clubs and whatnot.
I don't know about the room situation, let's just say I pick up this hottie from a club, then I wouldn't want her to have to wait outside until I'm done with her...it could be funny but it could be really weird too. I dunno.
but right now I don't feel like hunting for superficial sex, although Vegas is about 5 months away, who knows what I want then. damn. Last week I left a bunch of drunken hot girls behind, because I was too emotionally attached to her (she went home, so did I)
Scarface wrote:Kenneth, first off congratulations on growing the balls to talk to her about the situation. It's always liberating for anybody to do that, even if the answer you receive may not always be to your liking.

From my experience, I can tell you that some girls do not like jumping from one relationship to another right away. They would still be licking the scars from the previous relationship, and the idea of jumping into another one instantly may scare them or would not be appealing, especially if they still have feelings for their ex.

Having said that, don't put too much thought on the "It could happen one day" thing she told you. She may have been just polite with you and careful not to hurt your feelings too much.

All I can tell you is that if you think you are going to obsess over this girl without getting anything back, then it is better to back off a little while you still can. It could really mess you up in the long run. That doesn't mean you should stop seeing her, it means you should hang out with your other friends more. It will also make you more attractive in her eyes - because she'd realise you can have fun even without her. The less needy you present yourself, the more chances you'd have to eventually get her attracted to you.

I know that love's a bitch sometimes, but that's life. You know, I'm in a similar situation as yours right now. I'm in love with this girl at work who I hang out with everyday. And I know she likes me a lot too. Only problem? She's happily married and expecting a baby. So I'm actually in worse shit than you are. :D Having feelings for someone who can't or won't reciprocate them is the worst feeling in the world. We've all been there before, so don't worry. ;)
She said if this were to happen, she's afraid I might be the (looking for the best way to translate the meaning to english) "buffer guy", the temporary guy.
with that, she made it pretty clear that she is not even vaguely in love with me, and I would be temporary man, not one you actually want to "be with" for a long time.

I think I can stop obsessing too much, know that I know how she feels. I moved on before.

Dude Scar, that sucks about your situation!! You're right, you have it worse than me. Man. That is really really tough, I don't even know what to say. Hope you'll be happy in the end and everything.

funny bit:

After I went home from our "meeting", I sent her 3 you tube videos to her e-mail:

The Partridge Family - the Love song (important: actually not a love song, but about a girl who doesn't believe in true love or sth. to those lines. also, we're both fans of the P.F.)
The Marmalade - Reflections of my Life (sad ballad)
10 cc - I'm not in Love (About a guy who tells her he's not in love, because he's hurt, but he's actually still obsessed with her)

too tacky? lol
I crack myself up...

I'm too curious what her reaction will be.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:44 pm

oh, and I didn't write any text in the e-mail, just "The Aftermath" in the subject line.

Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:02 am

I feel sorry for you that you got rejected. But you would still be a total idiot not to take her to Vegas with you. Its very simple just take her out, get her drunk then bang her. Then mission completed.

Since she doesnt want to be in a relationship with you thats the best you're gonna get.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:09 am

Mr.Pink wrote:I feel sorry for you that you got rejected. But you would still be a total idiot not to take her to Vegas with you. Its very simple just take her out, get her drunk then bang her. Then mission completed.

Since she doesnt want to be in a relationship with you thats the best you're gonna get.
Spoken like a true virgin/over-compensating closet homosexual.

Believe me, kiddo... It's not the advice or reassurance of a 14-year-old punk who just figured out how good it feels to wank into a sock that he's looking for.

Kenneth,, I just don't want you to get hurt. However, getting hurt is something that shapes people. I hope that things work out, but like Dolan said, the whole "You never know what may happen" thing sounds a bit like a line.

But, speaking as a woman... I've been in her situation before, and I've liked-LIKED a guy before, but didn't wanna rush into anything serious because I wanted to make sure he wasn't just the "rebound guy". So that tells me that she may like-LIKE you, but cares enough about you to not let you be the "rebound". One thing I think about whenever I get involved, (and I used to be quite the slut,, from one boyfriend right to the next), I never want to go into a relationship if I have any doubt that he's the ONE I want for a long-term relationship.

It could be just shit timing, but if you hang in there for a while as her friend, you'll find out what you want to know. Either she'll go out with you, or she'll go out with some douchebag asshole. It's completely unfair for her to call you up out of the blue and start being all cool and shit with you, then expect you to keep your feelings for her at bay throughout the course of the friendship.

If I knew more about her, I could give better advice. But I say just try and back off. Don't be at her beck and call, pardon the Americanism. Like Dolan said, it will make you seem more attractive to her at least.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:51 am

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote: Kenneth,, I just don't want you to get hurt. However, getting hurt is something that shapes people. I hope that things work out, but like Dolan said, the whole "You never know what may happen" thing sounds a bit like a line.

But, speaking as a woman... I've been in her situation before, and I've liked-LIKED a guy before, but didn't wanna rush into anything serious because I wanted to make sure he wasn't just the "rebound guy". So that tells me that she may like-LIKE you, but cares enough about you to not let you be the "rebound". One thing I think about whenever I get involved, (and I used to be quite the slut,, from one boyfriend right to the next), I never want to go into a relationship if I have any doubt that he's the ONE I want for a long-term relationship.

It could be just shit timing, but if you hang in there for a while as her friend, you'll find out what you want to know. Either she'll go out with you, or she'll go out with some douchebag asshole. It's completely unfair for her to call you up out of the blue and start being all cool and shit with you, then expect you to keep your feelings for her at bay throughout the course of the friendship.

If I knew more about her, I could give better advice. But I say just try and back off. Don't be at her beck and call, pardon the Americanism. Like Dolan said, it will make you seem more attractive to her at least.
well no I don't think it was a line, she was brutally honest with me, and I respect her for that. Actually she said sth. like "can't we wait and see what happens" to which I responded: "I'd even cool with that, but I gotta know how we stand if we're supposed to make the Vegas trip"

I said like two times to her that the more we see each other and the more we hang out the more I'm into her, and that's what's happening.

I'm not going to obsess over her, definately not gonna text or call all the time.

I looked her in the eye and told her that while she is doing her whole "sorting out my life" thing, that she should remember that there's a guy who really likes her. That sounds better in german though, haha.

your comments are much appreciated, good to have some female insight here.
and btw I didn't even respond to Pink anymore since - while it is a little funny and revealing - it is not worth debating. So your remark was spot on, lol.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:00 am

Yeah, K. You said she called you from out of nowhere, right? She had a reason. Maybe she liked you a bit in High School, but was too afraid to admit it at that time and wants to see where those feelings will go now. Or, and it's a shitty "or" but it needs to be said anyway, she's using you. However, if she was using you, I think she would have put out rather than confide in you, so part of me is thinking she may really be into you. Just from what you've told us. Women can be so fucking weird though. I'm glad I'm one of them instead of having to date them. Effing CRAZY!

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:22 am

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:Yeah, K. You said she called you from out of nowhere, right? She had a reason. Maybe she liked you a bit in High School, but was too afraid to admit it at that time and wants to see where those feelings will go now. Or, and it's a shitty "or" but it needs to be said anyway, she's using you. However, if she was using you, I think she would have put out rather than confide in you, so part of me is thinking she may really be into you. Just from what you've told us. Women can be so fucking weird though. I'm glad I'm one of them instead of having to date them. Effing CRAZY!
that's what threw me off. her suddenly calling after we haven't seen each other so long. and we were never good friends, not even those kinda friends that update you once a year what's going on. she repeatedly said she likes me and my personality, back in (the austrian equivalent of) high school and she has said that again now. She appearently always thought I'm supercool. so yay to that, I guess.

Using me for what? Being a great friend at a sort of troubled time in her life? I could get that. who wouldn't want to have a good friend. even more so when life treats you bad.

We met last year at a class reunion and she brought her (now ex-) boyfriend and it seemed she really was into how I looked. I was waaaaaaay thinner back then. She was acting all kinds of strange that day, and recently she told me how unhappy she was at the time with her boyfriend. Also, she mentioned how good I looked back then. Like I said, the woman is honest. Now dig this, I lost 22 pounds of weight in a little over 3 weeks. I told her what she said motivated me to do that, but that had planned to do it anyway (which is true) And I will lose another 33 pounds - back to my thin self again. It sounds desperate and sad, but like I said I planned to do it anyway and it had to happen, I was not feeling good with the extra 55 pounds on me.

maybe, just maybe, this is all really simple and it's comes down to sexual attraction. Meaning that she's really into who I am, but before any romantic stuff can happen she would want me to look like I looked a year ago. which is kind of stupid and superficial, but it still makes sense somehow, don't you think?

you know I LOL'd at your last comment, but I wouldn't want to be a woman dating men. Men tend to be assholes, women are nicer in my experience. And they have boobs. Love me some boobs.

F.W.
Fucking Professional

Post by F.W. » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:51 am

yeah, at this point, kenneth, not going to Vegas with her would send the wrong message.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:58 am

F.W. wrote:yeah, at this point, kenneth, not going to Vegas with her would send the wrong message.
well it the beginning it was planned as an all-male trip to Vegas. I told her about it and she was like "I would totally love Vegas. But you should do that, the all-male thing" and I told her I'd rather do stuff with her in Vegas than drink myself silly in clubs and hunt for stupid ass skanks. We two could do stuff in the day still catch up with my friends in the evening, etc.

But now I don't know what I'll do. There is no danger of "wrong message" because we understand each other perfectly and are honest to each other.

F.W.
Fucking Professional

Post by F.W. » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:06 am

yeah, everything's out in the clear but since you've been talking about the trip and going together you don't want to seem like you're going to be distant. i don't doubt you're being honest with each other but putting thousands of miles between you two after this talk just seems like a pisspoor play really. i'd just take her with you and not worry about it being all-male and not worry about anythign. take her there and let things come as they may.

let the chips fall, as they say in sin city.

*G*
Fucking Professional

Post by *G* » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:09 am

F.W. wrote:yeah, at this point, kenneth, not going to Vegas with her would send the wrong message.
Yeah I agree with him CK. If you still want something with her in the future, you should let her go with you. Heck for all you know she can change her mind when she sees you and her together like that. It really sounds that she does like you if she wants to spend time with you like that, going to another country and all.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:16 am

after our gettogether today I said that we both got new information that we should digest (how I see her and how she sees me), and we'll get in contact later. we talked for almost 2 hours. she was shaken up and sad about the Vegas situation. I don't know how this will turn out, and Vegas is like 5 months away.

but seriously guys, I get what you're saying, but it would be damn awkward to have the woman that I by then maybe have fallen in love with, by my side all the time, having to pretend I'm just having a blast with her, she being my very good friend. fuck no.

F.W.
Fucking Professional

Post by F.W. » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:19 am

if you're gonna be in love, why would you have to pretend?

i'm not saying tape her to your back. let her have a day to herself, let her explore, while you go off on your own. i've only been on a couple of trips with girls i like and to be honest, they never ended well so maybe you should just throw my advice out with the garbage. but man, from what i've experienced with love...you won't be pretending to have blast because...

EVERY LITTLE THING SHE DOES IS MAGIC!

OOH-OOH-OOOOH!

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:23 am

er, what?

Let's say I have a crush on her and she doesn't, like that's not gonna be awkward? I want to enjoy Vegas to the fullest, dammit.

F.W.
Fucking Professional

Post by F.W. » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:25 am

i don't believe in awkwardness. totally made-up, man.

but then again, i'm a shameless pig and i make dick jokes for beer money.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:26 am

i still like you.

F.W.
Fucking Professional

Post by F.W. » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:31 am

i'll remember that when i'm in western europe and need to borrow four grand so the russian mob won't kill me.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:33 am

4 grand? i will make you work in one of my camps to pay off your debt.

F.W.
Fucking Professional

Post by F.W. » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:38 am

i'll just fuck my way out.

like i do with every problem i'm faced with. ;)

Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:59 am

Kenneth, stop taking advice from Geoi. Shes a $10 dollar whore that needs to get back in the kitchen.

And she obviously isnt attracted to you. If you disagree with me then you're blind. You should spend less time on this forum and get some exercise and lose all that weight.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Mr.Pink wrote:Kenneth, stop taking advice from Geoi. Shes a $10 dollar whore that needs to get back in the kitchen.

And she obviously isnt attracted to you. If you disagree with me then you're blind. You should spend less time on this forum and get some exercise and lose all that weight.
I remember when I was your age I hated myself too, but I don't think I had that many issues as you do. Good luck for the future, I guess.

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:34 pm

Hey, I've been keeping up with this, and I just wanted to wish you good luck, Kenneth. Unfortunately, I can't give you any specific advice apart from - do what will make you happy. I'm sure you're intelligent enough to know what you want and what is good for you. With some things, you just have to give it time. Let things happen naturally, and hopefully things will fall into place. Try to remain strong though, and don't doubt yourself. You don't know what will happen in the future. It may sound corny, but just stay true to yourself. Have no regrets. It is hard, I know how it is, but you need to look out for yourself first and foremost. Everything else will fall into place thereafter. :)

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:06 pm

I don't know what the average Austrian guy is like, but you're really freakin cool, Kenneth, so there's no reason to think she wouldn't be in to you. 5 months is indeed a lot of time. Who knows what you'll want, or where you two will be at that time. I hope it all works out for you though.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:07 am

thanks, Geoi. Most Austrians aren't as awesome as me, no. I'm very special indeed. ;)
thanks for your comment too, Ivy.

I will tell her that she should sort her life out and tell me how she feels afterwards. I'll give her time. And also I have to make sure not to come across to needy. But dammit I am in need - for some love.