Sam Worthington shouldn't be in movies!

You all know I’m right:

Sam Worthington shouldn't be in movies! - YouTube

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Geez, Kenneth! You’re absolutely insane. You know that, right? Not saying you’re wrong, but maybe just a bit obsessive. Fucking funny as hell anyway. ;D

LOL. funny as hell.

I’ve still only seen half of Terminator 4 so I can’t vouch for the guy but at least now I know why they call you Crazy Kenneth.

Haha, I’m only being passionate. About movies, you know. Which I care for a lot. Can’t let that guy pull Hollywood in the dirt and all.

He’s from Australia… That could have something to do with it. He’s trying to act cool and American, and turning it into dull and drab.

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]Haha, I’m only being passionate. About movies, you know. Which I care for a lot. Can’t let that guy pull Hollywood in the dirt and all.[/quote]

It's already in the dirt.

[quote=“G”][quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]Haha, I’m only being passionate. About movies, you know. Which I care for a lot. Can’t let that guy pull Hollywood in the dirt and all.[/quote]

It's already in the dirt.[/quote]

Cynical people have always said that, and it was never true.

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”][quote=“G”][quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]Haha, I’m only being passionate. About movies, you know. Which I care for a lot. Can’t let that guy pull Hollywood in the dirt and all.[/quote]

It's already in the dirt.[/quote]

Cynical people have always said that, and it was never true.[/quote]

So your bitching (don’t take that to heart, you’re cool) about Sam Worthington but it’s the same people who put Paris Hilton and others in the same movies and I am cynical in thinking it’s in the dirt? Sam Worthington is far from the problem.

I guess the other shitty supporting actors or the CGIed Arnold in Terminator didn’t do it, but Sam Worthington killed it for you? I haven’t watched that shitty Avatar, and have no plans doing so, so I can’t talk for that. All I know is Hollywood is already in the dirt if you think Sam Worthington is so awful.

Meh, there’s always good and bad movies. Sam Worthington didn’t kill Terminator 4 for me, I hate it altogether.

Sam Worthington deserves special attention because to me he represents a very nasty trait in mainstream Hollywood today: Celebrating averageness and blandness. Like eating a one-dollar burger instead of a juicy steak.

He shouldn’t be a leading man, he should be “Waiter #2” or “Pedestrian # 3” Colorful actors with charisma should be leading men.

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]Meh, there’s always good and bad movies. Sam Worthington didn’t kill Terminator 4 for me, I hate it altogether.

Sam Worthington deserves special attention because to me he represents a very nasty trait in mainstream Hollywood today: Celebrating averageness and blandness. Like eating a one-dollar burger instead of a juicy steak.

He shouldn’t be a leading man, he should be “Waiter #2” or “Pedestrian # 3” Colorful actors with charisma should be leading men.[/quote]

I agree. I wasn't trying to fight with you because you are a very cool dude. I was just making a point that the masses is what makes Hollywood turn, and what they feed off of (shitty movies, actors, directors, etc) is what makes Hollywood put it's fucking face in the dirt. That's all. Not that Hollywood can't make good things (Tarantino, PTA, etc), it's just that shit smells more than perfume.

[quote=“G”] because you are a very cool dude. .[/quote]

thanks

Well then we both agree, I thought you meant that the Hollywood system was broken altogether. Most of it is shit, yeah…

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]Well then we both agree, I thought you meant that the Hollywood system was broken altogether. Most of it is shit, yeah…[/quote]

Sorry about that misunderstanding. I am not Anti-Hollywood 100%, though it’s really hard not to. ;D

I wish you would turn to Golden Age Hollywood and forget modern cinema altogether. There is no hope because teenagers are now the targeted audience, they are the beating heart of cinema. Hollywood no longer makes films for “smart” audiences. Back in the 30s and 40s you had guys like Zachary Scott, Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh, Bette Davis, Barrymore Brothers, Bogie, Katie Hepburn, Spencer Tracy, and the fucking list goes on and on…

I honestly go to the cinema to just watch a few up and coming actors or established actors that I like. Abegail Breslin and Isabelle Furhman are going to be excellent actresses, and Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet, etc. that’s where you will find something worth watching. Here’s the thing, there used to be intellectual filmmakers like John Huston and Joe Mankiewicz, these were very literate men who saw that there could be something done with film, they were not just mere spectacles as they are today, it’s just today’s technoligies have been abused and the actors have become expendable assets to film. Just watch The African Queen and then put on Terminator 2. You will see how cinema has “evolved”, but I think somewhere along the line they’ve deviated from that elite line of storytelling to just making spectacles for the teenage audience.

After watching Avatar without the 3D gimmick, there’s nothing there to hold on to. it’s been a terrible year, so bad I’ve already forgotten it. What are they going to do in this year’s Academy Awards?

Maybe Kate Winslet and Cate Blanchett can kiss and have hot lesbian sex on the dais.I 'd watch that. 8)

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]I wish you would turn to Golden Age Hollywood and forget modern cinema altogether.[/quote]

I hope your talking to CK. I have a good collection of Golden Age Hollywood films in my dvd collection. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it was meant for Crazy Kenneth.

I never really indulged in European cinema. I love directors like Victor Fleming and William Wyler, those guys could learn a great deal from them.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]Yeah, it was meant for Crazy Kenneth.

I never really indulged in European cinema. I love directors like Victor Fleming and William Wyler, those guys could learn a great deal from them.[/quote]

I have a feeling you will go to European cinema sometime. It is hard to avoid.

Hey you being a big Hollywood Golden Age guy, do you have some Film Noir in your collection and which ones if you don't mind me asking?

A few, I mostly like the Joan Crawford noirs like: The Damned Don’t Cry, Mildred Pierce, Flamingo Road, etc.

• Double indemnity
  • Laura
  • Big Sleep
  • Maltese Falcon
  • Marked Woman
  • Kiss Me Deadly
  • To Have And Have Not
  • Mildred pierce
  • The Damned Don’t Cry

Man I love Golden Age Hollywood, I have well over 60 movies from the 30s, 40s and 50s in my collection. Frank Capra is my 3rd favourite director of all time, and I absolutely love old musicals, like the Rodgers & Hammerstein ones or Judy Garland ones.

But to “forget modern Hollywood altogether” would be really really stupid imo, your depriving yourself of a lot of great movie experiences.

Watchmen, Gran Torino, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Funny People, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Kill Bill, Inglourious Basterds, No Country for Old Men,…

the list goes on and on. Mainstream Hollywood is still very well capable of putting out great great films.

It wasn’t Worthington who was bland in Avatar, it was the entire fucking script. No actor has the power to salvage shitty writing.

Besides, I think he was the best thing in Terminator 4 (an otherwise shitty movie). You want a bland actor in Terminator 4? Try Christian Bale.