H2: A Prayer

I mean really, how much can you do with a fucking killer who wears a white mask who kills people with a giant butcher knife?! Even John Carpenter himself resented H2, because he knew - what else is there to do?

Then we’re gonna see Friday The 13th 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,!!! And Saw 10, 11! Yes I’m ranting because HORROR is dead! Just like they killed romantic comedies. These mindless fucks are killing horror.

We need a saviour, oh Jesus lord please hear my prayer! Send us another Romero, another Carpenter, and if you have the time another Alfred Hitchcock. Rid the world of these tools, I’m talking about Eli Roth, James Wan, Rob Zombie, and Michael Bay - I say get out of here devils! GET OUT!

Ohhhh, I feel the power! I FEEL the Powerrrrrr! Yes! Begone you phoney tools! BEGONE! And never come back! Stop remaking the same shit we saw years ago! You money-grubbing sons of whores!

Faints

Horror is alive and well and there are a lot of really interesting films being released, however as always, it won’t be opening in a theater near you.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
I mean really, how much can you do with a fucking killer who wears a white mask who kills people with a giant butcher knife?! Even John Carpenter himself resented H2, because he knew - what else is there to do?

Then we’re gonna see Friday The 13th 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,!!! And Saw 10, 11! Yes I’m ranting because HORROR is dead! Just like they killed romantic comedies. These mindless fucks are killing horror.

We need a saviour, oh Jesus lord please hear my prayer! Send us another Romero, another Carpenter, and if you have the time another Alfred Hitchcock. Rid the world of these tools, I’m talking about Eli Roth, James Wan, Rob Zombie, and Michael Bay - I say get out of here devils! GET OUT!

Ohhhh, I feel the power! I FEEL the Powerrrrrr! Yes! Begone you phoney tools! BEGONE! And never come back! Stop remaking the same shit we saw years ago! You money-grubbing sons of whores!

Faints
[/quote]

I'm sorry, I wasn't listening...

[quote=“BioBasterd”]

Faints
[/quote]

Note to newbies: This is a Resident Evil fan talking.

I like RZ films

Saw most likely ends at VI

The F13 was good

The thing I hate about rebooting all these Slasher franchises is that every sequel that came out of them was basically a remake of the original already. So why not just go ahead and make another sequel. At least you’d have the notable distinction of making the longest running franchise in history.

And as far as horror being dead, supposedly Sam Raimi’s new movie is pretty bad ass.

Zombie isn’t remaking Halloween 2. This is a completely different film, following on from his 2007 remake of the original. He basically has free reign to do what he wants with this one… and by god is that what he’s doing from what I’ve heard about plot details etc.

He tried to hard to stay true to Carpenter’s original while trying to incorporate his own ideas on the last… and it just didn’t work for the most part, and he knows this, as he said in a recent interview. Interested in checking out what he has in store with H2.

I don’t think anyone said it was a remake of Halloween 2 just that it doesn’t need to be made. The reason his remake of the first fell short was because they called it a remake of the first. It wasn’t a bad movie it was just a bad interpretation of the original. He could have easily changed the character names and the title and created a whole new Slasher franchise, instead the studio felt the need to cash in on an established fan base.

Knowing that he’s not remaking the second one makes it even less worth doing. When the only thing it shares with the original is the title and a couple characters it just starts to feel like a quick money grabbing scheme.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Note to newbies: This is a Resident Evil fan talking.
[/quote]

Hah! At least Paul WS Anderson Not to be confused with the much superior - Paul Thomas Anderson is making films that are a bit more original than the aforementioned. Really, a re you not bored with these remakes? The only film I’ve seen in theatres all month long has been “Watchmen” - a great film with wit, awesome soundtrack and overall just a great movie. I’ve seen it six times and it still rocks.

Resident Evil over remakes any day of the week, month or year.

[quote=“pantsman”]
Horror is alive and well and there are a lot of really interesting films being released, however as always, it won’t be opening in a theater near you.
[/quote]

Oh really!

Please name one.

Isn’t Resident Evil a video game? So didn’t they take that idea from something too. That’s as much original as what Rob Zombie did.

[quote=“GRINDHOUSE”]
Isn’t Resident Evil a video game? So didn’t they take that idea from something too. That’s as much original as what Rob Zombie did.
[/quote]

Videogames and film are completely different mediums. Apples and oranges my friend. In fact it is harder to adapt a videogame into a film because most games don’t have much of a story, there is a large void that has to be filled in. Now I’m not saying Rob Zombie is an incompetent filmmaker, I just think he should let go of Halloween - I mean what is wrong with the John Carpenter original to begin with?

Well it’s pointless to bring the subject up. I guess everyone is happy paying eight bucks to watch the same film they already own on dvd. Remakes are pointless.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
Oh really!

Please name one.[/quote]Films of the current:

Let the Right One In

Dead Snow

Isle of the Damned

Late Bloomer

Martyrs

In the past year or two we’ve seen a lot of new releases worth watching:

Frontier(s)

Mother of Tears

Inside

Dance of the Dead

Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer

Bad Biology

Tokyo Gore Police

The Machine Girl

Meatball Machine

The Girls Rebel Force of Competitive Swimmers

Return to Sleepaway Camp

Philosophy of a Knife

The Midnight Meat Train

I would recommend watching any of these films, even those I didn’t think were amazing, simply because they’re interesting horror films and absolutely worth watching. Hardcore horror fans have likely already seen the majority of them.

Bah! All terrible titles. Straight to DVD movies are shit. “The Machine Girl” was that a Planet Terror ripoff?

I’m talking about something worthwhile, something innovative that breaks ground. Like music for example, we need another Cobain in film - someone who can wipe the shit and start something new. I’m not interested in watching splatter films with super duper flash cuts. I was watching The Haunting In Connecticut, and it had so many flashcuts it felt like someone threw a flash grenade in the room, my eyes were disoriented. What does the writer of The Revenge Of The Nerds know anything about horror anyways? Stupid shit that just infuriates me.

You wanna see how real horror was made. Take a look at this clip:

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … annel_page”>What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? - Jane Snaps - YouTube</LINK_TEXT>

No gore. No cheap trickery of sound and disorienting flash cuts. Just great acting and writing and tension that builds and builds and then explodes.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
Bah! All terrible titles. Straight to DVD movies are shit. “The Machine Girl” was is that a Planet Terror ripoff?[/quote]Not even worth a plainface smiley.

You don’t even know anything about the movies you’re panning. You wanted to know some good films released, I told you, but you’re so close minded you apparently won’t watch a film made outside the US or a non-theatrical flick. Quit looking for a savior, one isn’t coming.

Oh, I’m hopeful.

You can’t go wrong with Bette Davis and Joan Crawford in “Whatever Happened To Baby Jane” - that’s as good as it will ever get.

Sam Raimi’s “Drag me to Hell”. Look into it.

I guess I just like classic films more. I just can’t get into the modern horror stuff, I’m trying though.

BioBasterd, what’s wrong with Rob Zombie? House of 1000 Corpses was an alright film with memorable characters, and The Devil’s Rejects was even better then House. The last scene in that movie was one of my favorites from any movie, to be honest. I’m not really a hardcore fan or horror, but I do enjoy the films. I’ll agree wit you that I hate all the reboots (Texas Chainsaw and My Bloody Valentine 3D were shit, and now there even redoing Hitchcock’s The Birds?!), but as everyone else is saying, H2 won’t be a remake and I’m sure Zombie will make a hell of a sequel…hopefully.

[quote=“Mister Green”]
BioBasterd, what’s wrong with Rob Zombie? House of 1000 Corpses was an alright film with memorable characters, and The Devil’s Rejects was even better then House. The last scene in that movie was one of my favorites from any movie, to be honest. I’m not really a hardcore fan or horror, but I do enjoy the films. I’ll agree wit you that I hate all the reboots (Texas Chainsaw and My Bloody Valentine 3D were shit, and now there even redoing Hitchcock’s The Birds?!), but as everyone else is saying, H2 won’t be a remake and I’m sure Zombie will make a hell of a sequel…hopefully.
[/quote]

Well in the list mentioned above, Zombie does come on top. I don’t get why he is remaking the Halloween franchise. It’s just tedious. We get it, he’s a psycopath who wears a white mask and kills people for whatever reason. What’s so great about that?

I think horror should start clean again. Deviate from the whole “splatter” stuff and just make a smart film without formulaic garbage. I hate Eli Roth because Quentin actually praised him as “The future of horror”, and the guy actually believes it! Just because he made a couple of torture films, he thinks he’s “it”.

Look at George Romero for example. I see him as a Hitchcock type, and mind you - if it weren’t for the typecasting that plagued his career he would have been bigger than you think, not that he cares about that kind of stuff. Night Of The Living Dead, Martin…all of these films used wit, social commentary. These were smart films! The horror genre is being dumbed down by these guys who think gore is what makes a great horror movie. That is why when you sit in the dark and see the same shit over and over again - you think to yourself: “Boy all these films are so alike”. That’s because little by little the big studios started to take over and decided to make gross out films for the teenage kids who don’t know any better.